XPO | Union Rep in parking lot

OD drivers are actually told not to talk to union drivers? I can't imagine some of the incidents that have happened but to actually be told not to talk to them and having the possibility of getting into trouble over it..
I know this for a fact that one of our drivers had to make a pick up at Fed X Freight interline dock and our drivers was told by a Fed X super NOT TO TALK WITH HIS EMPLOYEES .

Seems that there is a lot of resentment towards the older drivers that do not retire in order to keep the new guys happy . Did you new guys ever take in consideration that that old man is staying around because he needs the insurance for his wife who might have cancer or some other major catastrophic illness ? Why should he retire and go to some nonunion company that wouldn't hire him because of insurance problems . I do know old timers that are still working in their 70's because they need the Teamster insurance for the wives not because they don't want to quit . As long as their still working they get the Teamster insurance . I think that if or when your time comes when there some young blood complaining about you guys will think like the old guys think today . Yeah there are very few that want to stay but I really don't think any one wants to hang around especially how crappy the industry has become .

Yeah , who in the hell is going to go through that trouble to contact the ACLU ?
Cracks me up...the stuff these places think they can get away with. Had a similar thing happen to me 15 years ago...our 'boss' told us we couldn't tailgate at football games with a recently-terminated employee. We all told him to go 'F' himself. Then i asked him to come by the tailgate and I'd buy him a beer.

Cracks me up...the stuff these places think they can get away with. Had a similar thing happen to me 15 years ago...our 'boss' told us we couldn't tailgate at football games with a recently-terminated employee. We all told him to go 'F' himself. Then i asked him to come by the tailgate and I'd buy him a beer.
Well this guy thinks he owns ya . LOL

It is not done out of the goodness of heart. The teamsters are only doing it for publicity. Anyone can see thru that.

The teamsters aren't perfect and are most likely partly motivated by publicity, but I don't see anyone else trying to help out their situation.

I was wondering if any other facilities had Teamsters reps bugging the this morning in the work parking lot?

I was off a couple weeks ago, but when I came back to work, I heard that the teamsters blitzed our service center talking to guys, handing out literature, etc. Nothing came of it. Seems that the union is desperate to get new membership.

I was off a couple weeks ago, but when I came back to work, I heard that the teamsters blitzed our service center talking to guys, handing out literature, etc. Nothing came of it. Seems that the union is desperate to get new membership.
So when a salesman cold calls a customer and hands out a sales pamphlet it's because con job is desperate for new customers?

Standing there in the driveway waving and screaming... You need us. You need us.

Don't look desperate at all. Nope.

Your probably right, he might be worse? Hopefully for you guys he's not!!!!

The difference is that Jacobs has been making incredible amounts of money running his business. It might still end up bad for us. But it will still be a great investment for him. Zollars was just a complete failure and an idiot.

Whoever put Jacobs and Zollars into the same sentence needs a good :nut kick:.

Zollars is/was a proven failure, where with Jacobs, it's yet to be determined. He could end up being another Zollars, but it's not fair to put him in the same sentence as a proven POS.
Just sayin'.
:coffee1: