Central Transport | union

The Bakers Union representing the inside people wouldn't negotiate anymore, Buckeye. The Teamsters weren't happy but voted to accept a pay cut to keep Hostess open.

Hostess Bakers to Strike

You are right Lamar. I didn't word it correctly cause the Teamsters did not support the Bakers Union and crossed the picket line. I for one voted no more pay cuts cause we had already given the company two. I said let them close. I was pissed about the upper management getting all those bonuses and they wanted the little guy to take another pay cut. The worse thing about it was the bankruptcy judge in New York was approving it when the company was broke. The Teamsters are a piece of $hit for not supporting their fellow union brother. They were in bed with the company so bad it was obvious. I couldn't even watch the news cause I would get so pissed that they kept blaming the unions for the company going under. Even if they would have taken ANOTHER pay cut they wouldn't have survived. Sorry for the long rant but I witnessed it first hand. :ranting2:

If you don't work for Vitran, you are NOT WELCOME to comment on a union discussion thread in the Vitran forum. You are a guest here, please observe the rules you agreed to.

Guardrail

Having worked for Consolidated Freightways for years I understand the issues of unions. I'm as pro union as they get. I get so sick of all the union bashing that goes on here. That's why I don't go on the union forum much because there can never be a winner. Same with Washington DC and the Holy land....Not that this is a winning or losing proposition. I stay on Vitrans forum only because I work here, all those other forums take too much time.....TIME AWAY FROM MY FAMILY....You know family?????? The only thing that's truly worth fighting for. There is only one way to win the battle on those other forums......To win that war. To win that game. And that's not to play. I will stop short of saying that many of those guys that dedicate so much time shouting at the rain on those other forum's simply don't have a life outside of truckingboard....How could they when they spend so much time on here?....Muler...if your out there somewhere....Its nice to know you learned to prioritize your life. To put your family first. Because God knows its truly the only thing that's worth fighting for. Some guys thrive on confrontation....I want peace of mind. And that is the Trains rant for today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having worked for Consolidated Freightways for years I understand the issues of unions. I'm as pro union as they get. I get so sick of all the union bashing that goes on here. That's why I don't go on the union forum much because there can never be a winner. Same with Washington DC and the Holy land....Not that this is a winning or losing proposition. I stay on Vitrans forum only because I work here, all those other forums take too much time.....TIME AWAY FROM MY FAMILY....You know family?????? The only thing that's truly worth fighting for. There is only one way to win the battle on those other forums......To win that war. To win that game. And that's not to play. I will stop short of saying that many of those guys that dedicate so much time shouting at the rain on those other forum's simply don't have a life outside of truckingboard....How could they when they spend so much time on here?....Muler...if your out there somewhere....Its nice to know you learned to prioritize your life. To put your family first. Because God knows its truly the only thing that's worth fighting for. Some guys thrive on confrontation....I want peace of mind. And that is the Trains rant for today.
And that my friends is how you close a union thread.....Throw a little family in the mix and be a little philosophical and people run like hell. :6781: