TForce | UPS Hiring 1,000 Seasonal Workers

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
UPS Hiring 1,000 Seasonal Workers
[SIZE=-1]WAVE - Louisville,KY,USA
... positions at its hub, ramp, and freight facility. It also needs driver helpers and tractor-trailer drivers. According to Emmanuel Warren of UPS, the company is ..[/SIZE]

It said UPS is starting trailer drivers out at $14.70 an hour. UPSF in higher cost Metro areas are starting at $19.59 and are at top pay of $21.00 in one year.

gater said:
It said UPS is starting trailer drivers out at $14.70 an hour. UPSF in higher cost Metro areas are starting at $19.59 and are at top pay of $21.00 in one year.

Gater read the link Jeff put with the post..

"Job qualifications for tractor trailer drivers: two years over-the-road experience, Class A CDL with a T endorsement, and a clear driving record. Drivers will earn $14.70 per hour; other positions start at $8.50 per hour."

some what less than you statement.. and "seasonal" doesn't mean a yr later.

WOWOWOWOWOW All that and a brown uniform for the xmas season, $14.70, joke and then in metro these people will get the fulltime rate. LOLOLOL. Where is the BA.

Accelerator said:
WOWOWOWOWOW All that and a brown uniform for the xmas season, $14.70, joke and then in metro these people will get the fulltime rate. LOLOLOL. Where is the BA.
My teenager makes this much at Dunkin Donuts and they get a uniform also. Allthough it is a dangerous job, All those crazy four wheelers at the drive through that have not had their coffee yet. Cdl versus D.D. name tag. Oh Boy!!!!

Its not the crazy drivers that kills you at the doughnut shops BusterNite.
Its the doughnuts.
Don't you know that a doughnut is an artery clogger?
It has the three white heart artery killers.
White refined flour,Salt,and sugar.

I know this because this is something I love to eat,but must stay far,far away from them for the health of it!

Now on to the subject of this post.
I know the parcel division of UPS has always put on extra help for their Christmas rush.
Only a handful of workers remain with the company after Christmas to work their way up to something more perminate.
Only the hearty survive the process,of senority bids for many years.

BusterNite said:
My teenager makes this much at Dunkin Donuts and they get a uniform also. Allthough it is a dangerous job, All those crazy four wheelers at the drive through that have not had their coffee yet. Cdl versus D.D. name tag. Oh Boy!!!!

Where is the horses!!!!!!!!:horse:

I went too DD last nite and ordered a bigmack and some fries and after a short pause the response was " I cannot believe you just asked me that". Then she say's " I apoligize sir but we do not serve that here". LOLOLOLOL I love it when that happen's.......:punk: :punk:

So Accelerator after you busted on the waitress did you make a coffee,and doughnut purcahse?

I hope you gave her a big tip for the harrasment you dished up.
Or drove down the road to the propper vendor for the Big Mack you were drewlling over.

You must be a lot younger than me to be able to deal with the killer foods you are shoving down your neck?

Apostolic said:
So Accelerator after you busted on the waitress did you make a coffee,and doughnut purcahse?

I hope you gave her a big tip for the harrasment you dished up.
Or drove down the road to the propper vendor for the Big Mack you were drewlling over.

You must be a lot younger than me to be able to deal with the killer foods you are shoving down your neck?

I very seldomly eat that crap ( mcdonalds , burger king etc. etc.), and yes I did purchase a coffee.

Believe it or not though they (all dunkins that is, in this area) will not accept tip's any longer. Most around here are owned by the same person, he gave them all a 1 dollar raise and cut out the tipping. very shocked to see that happen. They are telling me they made out better in tip's than the dollar.

Thats one problem when businesses get to big.
When they are smaller,or just starting up you can have it your way.
When they get bigger you have to get it their way.
Does this sound like a business we know first hand?

The person that owns all of your Dunkin Doughnut shops is he originaly from India?

Most of those,and seven elevens around here are either owned by the indians that are from India,or towel heads from across the big pond.

Just a note about fast food joints,these food items look real,but who really knows what its made out of?

Apostolic said:
Thats one problem when businesses get to big.
When they are smaller,or just starting up you can have it your way.
When they get bigger you have to get it their way.
Does this sound like a business we know first hand?

The person that owns all of your Dunkin Doughnut shops is he originaly from India?

Most of those,and seven elevens around here are either owned by the indians that are from India,or towel heads from across the big pond.

Just a note about fast food joints,these food items look real,but who really knows what its made out of?

Well it just so happen's that the owner of these joint's is Indian. But DD is a Franchise, so anybody can own one . but a % is sent to the mother co. DD. and you must keep the companies image up to par . From what I understand one must have 1,000,000.00 in assets prior to them releasing the franchise right's though....

There was a base ball player that lived in the Rochester area.
They say he owned 16 Mc Donalds restarunts around town.
He had a better offer to take over the ownership of about 30 of them somewhere out of state.
So he sold the ones here,and moved on.
This was about 5 years ago I think?
Back than every new Mc Donald start up with the building,and inventor was a minimum of 2 million.

It sure does take money to make more money.
Something I will never be involved with.

Apostolic said:
There was a base ball player that lived in the Rochester area.
They say he owned 16 Mc Donalds restarunts around town.
He had a better offer to take over the ownership of about 30 of them somewhere out of state.
So he sold the ones here,and moved on.
This was about 5 years ago I think?
Back than every new Mc Donald start up with the building,and inventor was a minimum of 2 million.

It sure does take money to make more money.
Something I will never be involved with.
I am building my empire right now. Buying all the real estate that I can afford. I will be rich soon. As soon as my wife sells me boardwalk I will retire!!!!

BusterNite said:
I am building my empire right now. Buying all the real estate that I can afford. I will be rich soon. As soon as my wife sells me boardwalk I will retire!!!!

You mean your wife is going to get the empire, Dont you?