TForce | UPS MVDC

Cammbamm1994

TB Lurker
Credits
Check this out. This is what UPS wants now. I think its illegal. The Union is not doing anything about it.

1. I voluntarily and fully authorize UPS to obtain driving records and reports about me for employment purposes, as set forth in the separate Disclosure of Intention to Obtain Driving Records for Employment Purposes provided to me. This authorization shall remain in effect for the remainder of my employment with UPS and shall allow UPS to obtain subsequent driving records and reports about me at any time so as to update, renew, extend or evaluate my continued employment, or to consider me for other employment positions, except where prohibited by applicable law.
  2. I also voluntarily and fully authorize the release of all information and records necessary for the completion of the driving records and reports authorized by me above.
We think they are introducing Continuous Motor Vehicle Record Monitoring. UPS will get all your personal driver offenses/activity in real time. You got a ticket for a headlight out on your F150 Tuesday, UPS receives a notification 10 minutes later. Even events that you are ultimately not convicted of. https://mvrmonitoring.com/ Watch the video.

Check this out. This is what UPS wants now. I think its illegal. The Union is not doing anything about it.

1. I voluntarily and fully authorize UPS to obtain driving records and reports about me for employment purposes, as set forth in the separate Disclosure of Intention to Obtain Driving Records for Employment Purposes provided to me. This authorization shall remain in effect for the remainder of my employment with UPS and shall allow UPS to obtain subsequent driving records and reports about me at any time so as to update, renew, extend or evaluate my continued employment, or to consider me for other employment positions, except where prohibited by applicable law.
  2. I also voluntarily and fully authorize the release of all information and records necessary for the completion of the driving records and reports authorized by me above.
We think they are introducing Continuous Motor Vehicle Record Monitoring. UPS will get all your personal driver offenses/activity in real time. You got a ticket for a headlight out on your F150 Tuesday, UPS receives a notification 10 minutes later. Even events that you are ultimately not convicted of. https://mvrmonitoring.com/ Watch the video.
Good thing you guys aren't owned by UPS anymore, and dosen't things like that have to be negotiated and agreed upon in a contract so ultimately if it's agreed upon it would be on the guys who voted for it?

Disclosure: This notice must be given to the applicant or employee independently of other paperwork. For applicants, for example, you cannot include the disclosure statement on the application. The disclosure must be clear and conspicuous, in writing and consist solely of the disclosure. If you intend to run periodic MVRs on a driver after they’re hired (as part of an MVR monitoring program , for example), that information must be very clearly stated within the disclosure.

I dont think that is on any disclosure we ever received.

UPS and the Teamsters are just like UAW and Chrysler. Aligned and working together to the detriment of the employee.

Good thing you guys aren't owned by UPS anymore, and dosen't things like that have to be negotiated and agreed upon in a contract so ultimately if it's agreed upon it would be on the guys who voted for it?
I am in Package. Posted here. Just wanted to let everyone know WTF is going on here. I do believe it is beneficial that you guys are no longer with UPS especially since the Central States Pension is protected.....for now.
UPS is horrible.

I am in Package. Posted here. Just wanted to let everyone know WTF is going on here. I do believe it is beneficial that you guys are no longer with UPS especially since the Central States Pension is protected.....for now.
UPS is horrible.

What exactly is the problem? You're a professional driver and any company that employs you has the right and obligation to know about your driving record and violations. It's required by FMCSA regulations.

§391.27 Record of violations.

(a) Except as provided in subpart G of this part, each motor carrier shall, at least once every 12 months, require each driver it employs to prepare and furnish it with a list of all violations of motor vehicle traffic laws and ordinances (other than violations involving only parking) of which the driver has been convicted or on account of which he/she has forfeited bond or collateral during the preceding 12 months.

(b) Each driver shall furnish the list required in accordance with paragraph (a) of this section. If the driver has not been convicted of, or forfeited bond or collateral on account of, any violation which must be listed, he/she shall so certify.

UPS is horrible.
It’s protected for the next 30 years by the government. I can only wonder if TFl will buy in to central states fund. I have 19 yrs vested when I was with Holland. Greedy Yrc was the only reason I came to ups freight. I Agree with your last statement .

We have done this for years. Every year, we have to fill out a form either saying we have no violations for the last 365 days or we have a violation. We’re drivers, why wouldn’t they want to know if you have a driving violation, in your personal vehicle?

We have done this for years. Every year, we have to fill out a form either saying we have no violations for the last 365 days or we have a violation. We’re drivers, why wouldn’t they want to know if you have a driving violation, in your personal vehicle?
It's a federal law that you have to give a yearly report to your employer of your traffic violations, whether in a commercial vehicle or private vehicle.

• The driving records request is fine. The new form UPS has presented is overly intrusive and was most likely presented in an illegal manner. The MVDC is in the process of being eliminated by the DOT. UPS put forth that agreeing to the following is required by the government. It is not. The DOT only requires listing violations. Not this BS that consists of what records, how often, what will they be used for, etc.

• I voluntarily and fully authorize UPS to obtain driving records and reports about me for employment purposes, as set forth in the separate Disclosure of Intention to Obtain Driving Records for Employment Purposes provided to me. This authorization shall remain in effect for the remainder of my employment with UPS and shall allow UPS to obtain subsequent driving records and reports about me at any time so as to update, renew, extend or evaluate my continued employment, or to consider me for other employment positions, except where prohibited by applicable law.
  • I also voluntarily and fully authorize the release of all information and records necessary for the completion of the driving records and reports authorized by me above.

The new regulations require each company to obtain information about a driver's record at least annually from the state issuing the driver's CDL license. So what is the big outrage?

"FMCSA does not expect this proposed rule would negatively affect commercial motor vehicle safety,” the notice stated. “Motor carriers will still be required to make an inquiry at least annually to each driver’s licensing authority in which an employed driver holds or has held a commercial motor vehicle operator’s license or permit to obtain the motor vehicle record of each driver they employ. Thus, motor carriers would still have a reliable way to learn of any convictions for traffic violations incurred by their driver employees.”

For decades UPS has obtained and had a right to a simple MVR. Now they have inserted:

• I voluntarily and fully authorize UPS to obtain driving records and reports about me for employment purposes, as set forth in the separate Disclosure of Intention to Obtain Driving Records for Employment Purposes provided to me. This authorization shall remain in effect for the remainder of my employment with UPS and shall allow UPS to obtain subsequent driving records and reports about me at any time so as to update, renew, extend or evaluate my continued employment, or to consider me for other employment positions, except where prohibited by applicable law.
  • I also voluntarily and fully authorize the release of all information and records necessary for the completion of the driving records and reports authorized by me above.
What are all of these records? How often will they be obtained? Will UPS use the records for discipline or to warrant extra training? No one knows.