TForce | UPS Parcel has put 250 drivers in New York on notice of termination for striking

Did the employees/members that walked off the job in support of their fellow co worker follow the contract? We expect the company to follow the contract.

time for a Wildcat STRIKE !!!!! key point is , will the union stand up for the guys ??? or just bow down like they did for YRCW ??? union seems to be losing its power anymore ??? Stand Tall Guys this is just wrong for a BILLION dollar company to fire 250 people !!!!!

They were warned by the union not to do it. It was a illegal strike. But they thought there was strength in numbers. Well, I feel sorry for the families but not for the drivers.

This ought to be a good lesson for all union people. Unless you have the support of the union you don't walk off your job...

Did the employees/members that walked off the job in support of their fellow co worker follow the contract? We expect the company to follow the contract.

You are exactly right but when has UPS followed our contract on matters that mean the most...

In the day such moves by the workers could solve problems but today it is not the case. If enough had walked out to cripple the company and force them to cave in to their demands the story might have a different ending. I wish them all the best and hope it goes their way but I don't have a good gut feeling on it. I suspect that UPS will be sending a message to any others who might want to try this in the future.
I agree. UPS has the numbers and can make a significant financial impact on the economy if all get involved. However, 250 will not get it done.