TForce | UPS Pension cuts

UPSFreightMan

TB Lurker
Credits
Management Imposes More Benefit Cuts; More Issues Await
Round One in Early Bargaining Goes to UPS
“The union plans to address pensions and healthcare first.”
— IBT press release on UPS early bargaining, Oct. 2, 2006

December 6, 2006. Less than two months after the IBT announced that it would “address pension and healthcare first” in UPS bargaining, the company imposed a 30 percent pension cut on thousands of UPS Teamsters in New York City and Long Island.

Teamsters for a Democratic Union

This is about UPS Parcel, We are UPS Freight.

Only a matter of time before you bring up Van's organization.

If your so worried about the pension start saving your own money for retirement.

Just a matter of time for the 25 and out. Those days are gone. Vans organization does not stand a chance. I am very concerned as to what kind of deal Upsf will get regarding the pension. I have been saving for retirement the last 28 years. I have 26 years invested in a 401k and I have 23 years invested in a company paid pension. Thats how I saved for retirement. This UPSF pension deal will be my top issue as to weather we are getting a good deal or not.

This is about UPS Parcel, We are UPS Freight.

Only a matter of time before you bring up Van's organization.

If your so worried about the pension start saving your own money for retirement.

Sorry Steve, I think your out of line by saying (If your so worried about the pension start saving your own money for retirement)
This is a very Important issue for all of us. Saving for retirement is investing in a company that offers good pension benefits.

So, would you be so worried about it that you would cast your vote soley based on the Pension? What I was trying to say is (I should have explained it a little better) Look at everything as well as the pension before you make your decision. When you look at the big picture you will see there's only one choice to make.JMO I'm now in a unique position as far as retirement goes, so I'm making my decision without thought of the pension.

So, would you be so worried about it that you would cast your vote soley based on the Pension? What I was trying to say is (I should have explained it a little better) Look at everything as well as the pension before you make your decision. When you look at the big picture you will see there's only one choice to make.JMO I'm now in a unique position as far as retirement goes, so I'm making my decision without thought of the pension.

Yes, I agree the whole picture has to be taken in to concideration. But the pension is equally important. Especially for those of us that have 5-10 years to go for retirment. What is your unique position as for retirement? I want in!

Any of you guys might ask TheBigR for investment advice.....he keeps up on it very closely and is a very good source of good info.

Yes, I agree the whole picture has to be taken in to concideration. But the pension is equally important. Especially for those of us that have 5-10 years to go for retirment. What is your unique position as for retirement? I want in!

I have less than six years for my 30 years in. Retirement is the top issue for me to.:1036316054:

they going to cut your pension then your job and hire mexican"s for 4 dollars an hour with know bennies...... call it ups mexico......

What"s The Deak With Overnite Ssd I Use To See Them Guy"s Quite A Bit Now That They Are Ups Truckload I Have Not Seen Them What"s Going On Is Ups Going To Keep Them Running Or They Have Plans To Shut Them Down? Just Wondering,

You'll have to marry into it. I can do 30 more if I can stay healthy. Thankful to be ahead of the game early in life.

Thanks. I posted this due to Local 804 (Ups local) trying to organize UPS Freight in the NY area. This shows how the union doesn't care about us. if they were to organize here then the pension would have to be bargained for also. I would ratehr stick with a pension that is secure ratherthen risk not having one in the future.

The accrual rate in the Western will be going up to 1.65% in January.

Good management has made this possible; thank you Tony and the folks at the WTPT.:1036316054:

Thanks. I posted this due to Local 804 (Ups local) trying to organize UPS Freight in the NY area. This shows how the union doesn't care about us. if they were to organize here then the pension would have to be bargained for also. I would ratehr stick with a pension that is secure ratherthen risk not having one in the future.

Do you think the members of this largest local will just sit back and eat it. They have the rights and opportunity to stand up and fight this. And they will get get the pension cuts reversed.

The Union isn't making the cuts, UPS is.

Read the article don't read into it.

Also this headline is misleading, Management Imposes More Benefit Cuts; More Issues Await
Round One in Early Bargaining Goes to UPS these supposed cuts are from a local level pension plan and have nothing to do with any ongoing Master contract talks at this time.

More TDU BULL SH!T