TForce | UPS Pension cuts

Well I must confess as much as I don't care for the Teamsters with the bad time I had with them at the end of my union days.
I feel in this case of our UPS Freight employement we'd be better off being organized.
I've been reasured,by all of the Temasters I know now that we are living in different times.
That the Teamsters have changed.
Well I'm willing to trust the judgement of my old Teamster trucking friends.
Now heres where I'm currently coming from.
As much as I didn't want to admit it.
I see that we are working for a union company,that wants to operate their freight division under union conditions even though we are non-union.
If this is the case.
UPS wants to have all of their union rules in place,than get me a card so I can sign up.

Before when we were Overnite,they were used to being non-union,and fought being unionized, they were more laid back to work for.
UPS on the other hand is used to being organized,slowly but surely they are developing us to be blended into their total trucking picture.
I can't see us being non-union if we are working under union conditions?
I don't know if this is making any sence?
I know I'm going to get a lot of I told you so's!!!
But why should we work for a union company that wants us to operate under their union rules,and still remain non-union?

This is not my first time on the boards. I could not gain access to my old login. I am not trying to spread paranoia, but rather inform what is going on in our local area. I am not using it as a scare tactic but as information to what is going on with the local in our area that is trying to organize us. If they agree with a 30 percent pension cut on the package side, what is to say it would not occur on the freight side. No pension is secure even if it is well funded. But like I said earlier, I would rather have a pension that is fully funded then one that is not at the 100% level.

By the way I do not believe Fedex has a pension.

I was just informed that FED EX is going too start a pention in 2007.

From what I understand and am quite hoping we are going for the SEPF, wether this happens or not, time will tell and again I apolagize for taking the defensive on your statement, alot of statments are made and things have a tendancy of blowing out of proportion as you can see.

Well I must confess as much as I don't care for the Teamsters with the bad time I had with them at the end of my union days.
I feel in this case of our UPS Freight employement we'd be better off being organized.
I've been reasured,by all of the Temasters I know now that we are living in different times.
That the Teamsters have changed.
Well I'm willing to trust the judgement of my old Teamster trucking friends.
Now heres where I'm currently coming from.
As much as I didn't want to admit it.
I see that we are working for a union company,that wants to operate their freight division under union conditions even though we are non-union.
If this is the case.
UPS wants to have all of their union rules in place,than get me a card so I can sign up.

Before when we were Overnite,they were used to being non-union,and fought being unionized, they were more laid back to work for.
UPS on the other hand is used to being organized,slowly but surely they are developing us to be blended into their total trucking picture.
I can't see us being non-union if we are working under union conditions?
I don't know if this is making any sence?
I know I'm going to get a lot of I told you so's!!!
But why should we work for a union company that wants us to operate under their union rules,and still remain non-union?

Good post APO