TForce | UPS to cut 1,200 jobs

IR CookieMonster

TB Lurker
Credits
Consolidation troubles are causing United Parcel Service Inc. to cut 1,200 jobs at its unprofitable UPS Supply Chain Solutions division.

According to Business First, in a conference call with analysts, company officials said UPS' Supply Chain and Freight segment, which includes UPS Supply Chain Solutions, UPS Freight and several other smaller subsidiaries, has experienced high overheard costs stemming from two large consolidations. The segment on Thursday reported a loss of $19 million for the third quarter, compared with net income of $70 million a year earlier

Supplychainer: UPS to cut 1,200 supply chain jobs

Last month at the Fontana Terminal, I needed an empty so I asked a dock worker how long it would take to empty a pup that was a least half full of pallets. She said she was planning on making it a 6 hour job.

WHAT A BIG SURPRISE THEY'RE LOSING MONEY !!!!

mossbackman said:
Last month at the Fontana Terminal, I needed an empty so I asked a dock worker how long it would take to empty a pup that was a least half full of pallets. She said she was planning on making it a 6 hour job.

WHAT A BIG SURPRISE THEY'RE LOSING MONEY !!!!

Must of been a Motor Cargo Worker...

Skeeter said:
Must of been a Motor Cargo Worker...
Why do you put down your fellow UPSF employees? Last time I looked at the UPS stock report, there was no mention of "O" or "MC" as an on going concern. But it did say that UPS did merge them to form one company back in May. I'm happy to know that all the ex "O" people on the left coast are perfect. Because we have some not so perfect ex "O" people working everywhere else. IT'S HIGH TIME WE LOSE THIS US AND THEM ATTITUDE. WE ARE UPS FREIGHT EMPLOYEES NOW!!

mossbackman,do the fork lifts have governors with the speeds set at a crawl?
We have a Girl that is our lead on the dock.
I'd put any dockworker up against her.
She'd win everytime.
Also she has made it her buisness to know about a lot of jobs.
She was hired for billing but her original job was eliminated.
It was go to the dock or go out the door.
We came into the terminal on weekends on our own time,so I could teach her backing also drop,and hooks.
So heres what she knows now.
Everything with the office,sorting bills for the peddels,yard work,loading,and unloading inbound,and outbound.
Every thing she does is very fast.
Ask her any question,I even think she knows more than our TM about our terminal.
If you asked her to unload a pup load of skids.
She'd have it unloaded as fast as possible.
I don't know what terminal your out of?
Up north we move at a faster pace,than other regions.

hugnlug said:
Why do you put down your fellow UPSF employees? Last time I looked at the UPS stock report, there was no mention of "O" or "MC" as an on going concern. But it did say that UPS did merge them to form one company back in May. I'm happy to know that all the ex "O" people on the left coast are perfect. Because we have some not so perfect ex "O" people working everywhere else. IT'S HIGH TIME WE LOSE THIS US AND THEM ATTITUDE. WE ARE UPS FREIGHT EMPLOYEES NOW!!

Just responding to his post. By the way did you read it?

during the last days motor cargo was making a million dollars a day saving your sorry ***...but o took care of that real quick now we have a real mess....do the words you might have to look for another job mean anything to you? how long do you think ups is going to fund this fiasco?

I needed an empty so I asked a dock worker how long it would take to empty a pup that was a least half full of pallets.

Half full of pallets is empty enough for me. Rack trailers and pallet trailers will do if that's all there is.

Unlike Webi, we don't get paid to wait around anymore. Take 'em and run.