FedEx Freight | UPS to start layoffs

Gator

Outstanding Member
Credits
UPS to start layoffs at the Louisville Hub starting in February. I’m sure some is seasonal help but I see this on our side to. Amazon is the king . Your eyes are closed if you don’t think Amazon will take over most of what we do

UPS to start layoffs at the Louisville Hub starting in February. I’m sure some is seasonal help but I see this on our side to. Amazon is the king . Your eyes are closed if you don’t think Amazon will take over most of what we do
Your point is well taken. Amazon uses the contractor model that has made FedEx Ground successful.
However, I do not see Amazon jumping into retail delivery. Their business model seems to be centered around servicing their online sales and doing it better, faster, cheaper than an outside carrier. Taking on non-Amazon parcels would drastically change their working model.

I think in the world of CDL drivers, amazon will have serious difficulty. Ground will likely see the bigger challenges. Express? Much more difficult to match that network. Freight and the above mentioned CDL drivers, hazmat, drug tests, etc. ? Bring it on...

:popcorn:

I agree to disagree on Amazon getting a never ending pool of CDL drivers of all kinds. Our government will see to that. Cheap foreign labor vs the lazy couch potato we need to fill the seats. Every Canadian truck seams to be a foreign driver vs the French Canadian that used to driver here. I see more and more of the same filling the over the road driving jobs.
If companies need hazmat endorsement the government will relax standards somewhat to get foreigners in the trucks.
Amazon just like FedEx has the funds to buy and start up anything they wish. FedEx only exists by buying freight companies started by someone else and bought out by Fred

Last edited:
Do they Gator ?

Mrs. SS won't go there and she can't take me in grocery
stores because I wig when some old lady just ripped and
fondled the banana pile then after 15 minutes she picks
up the first ones she pulled off a bunch to put 2 in the bag
in her cart. I went off on one of these banana handlers
and the store manager asked me to leave. Yea after I stuff
a few bananas in your ass. Mrs. SS. was trying not to laugh
and just pushed her cart down another aisle. She was still
laughing when she came back to the truck.

Your point is well taken. Amazon uses the contractor model that has made FedEx Ground successful.
However, I do not see Amazon jumping into retail delivery. Their business model seems to be centered around servicing their online sales and doing it better, faster, cheaper than an outside carrier. Taking on non-Amazon parcels would drastically change their working model.

I agree with this and there's also the selling of memberships. It's big business for them.

Me too..... And they all had messy endings....
Well I wasn't going to go there but remember the tree fort we had as kids.
Whenever you checked out a Tree Fort Book it would come back all stuck
tougher with a dry , hard , smelly sock on the 3rd page. Finally I had to tell
the other guys "That's NOT STIMPY'S can of SunDrop Pop that he claimed
Big Dave knocked over when they were looking at it. I think a Hot Moms
#2 edition. I was a good kid and stuck to looking at the Human Anatomy
Science books.

Just saying , some childhood things just stick with you forever.
:wee:SMOKESTACK

I know Swift gets made fun of a lot, but from what i have observed on the road they drive better than Amazon drivers. Amazon is the new Swift in opinion. Ive seen them nearly run people off the road not checking their mirrors or something and just come over. When i see them i try to keep on high alert.

Well I wasn't going to go there but remember the tree fort we had as kids.
Whenever you checked out a Tree Fort Book it would come back all stuck
tougher with a dry , hard , smelly sock on the 3rd page. Finally I had to tell
the other guys "That's NOT STIMPY'S can of SunDrop Pop that he claimed
Big Dave knocked over when they were looking at it. I think a Hot Moms
#2 edition. I was a good kid and stuck to looking at the Human Anatomy
Science books.

Just saying , some childhood things just stick with you forever.
:wee:SMOKESTACK
All part of the learning process SMOKE, glad to hear you stuck to your studies.

I tell you the people delivering in the small vans to homes are just plain stupid. U.P.S and Fed Ex are way better. Amazon just toss your boxes out on the ground or sit them on the end of my porch that's not covered in the rain. U.P.S and Fed Ex always sit them in front of my door under the covered portion. Just lazy. My porch is open and the covered part is only 10 more feet away.