TForce | UPSF Letter On Their Website

You can thank all of the people who did not vote in the last Teamster election ! If you did not vote YOU are part of the problem also.

I did my part.. It's funny how this section of this forum was quite now are all sudden u have plenty of people from other LTL COMPANY acting like they work here and string the pot...

The only problem is some of these guys begging for yes votes will have a hard time making the $300,000 mortgage payment, 50,000 vehicle payment & let’s not forget about private school while the wife don’t work....lol
And that’s most of the big picture here, GO40...some (most?) people get themselves into such a financial mess with all their ‘gotta have’s’ that they can’t afford to miss an HOUR of work, and I’m not exaggerating. The billion-dollar house, the million-dollar cars, the boats, the ATV’s, the RV’s, and a partridge in a pear tree. Consume, consume, consume. In the money comes, and out it goes. I just don’t get it.

My wife and I have been married 30 years...and through all of that, managed to purchase (and keep) two houses, put our two daughters through two different major West coast universities..one obtaining a Masters Degree, the other her undergrad degree. Living frugal is where it’s at. Be wise, don’t over-extend. Good luck UPSF employees!

And that’s most of the big picture here, GO40...some (most?) people get themselves into such a financial mess with all their ‘gotta have’s’ that they can’t afford to miss an HOUR of work, and I’m not exaggerating. The billion-dollar house, the million-dollar cars, the boats, the ATV’s, the RV’s, and a partridge in a pear tree. Consume, consume, consume. In the money comes, and out it goes. I just don’t get it.

My wife and I have been married 30 years...and through all of that, managed to purchase (and keep) two houses, put our two daughters through two different major West coast universities..one obtaining a Masters Degree, the other her undergrad degree. Living frugal is where it’s at. Be wise, don’t over-extend. Good luck UPSF employees!
looks like a few on here should have taken your advice 206, I’m like you lived frugal both of my girls have good careers. Now it’s time for me and my wife....

looks like a few on here should have taken your advice 206, I’m like you lived frugal both of my girls have good careers. Now it’s time for me and my wife....
Same here! I just retired a few months ago. The wife can retire anytime she chooses, but will probably go another 5 years at least...which is fine, and she loves her job...which is about 90% of the battle at our age.

Glad you’re doing well! My best to you!

Same here! I just retired a few months ago. The wife can retire anytime she chooses, but will probably go another 5 years at least...which is fine, and she loves her job...which is about 90% of the battle at our age.

Glad you’re doing well! My best to you!
Same....

I love how people all the sudden know the ins and outs of other peoples finances and make assumptions based on.......nothing.

There is a thing called equity, highly doubtful anyone is 100% financing a "billion dollar house".

I dont know about you but I dont work my butt off to live like I'm in poverty. I have my savings, my retirement accounts(pension is not guaranteed to be there in 30 years)and I have my toys. Im certainly not going to make it to 80 years old and look back in regret that I never enjoyed the fruits of my labor.

I love how people all the sudden know the ins and outs of other peoples finances and make assumptions based on.......nothing.

There is a thing called equity, highly doubtful anyone is 100% financing a "billion dollar house".

I dont know about you but I dont work my butt off to live like I'm in poverty. I have my savings, my retirement accounts(pension is not guaranteed to be there in 30 years)and I have my toys. Im certainly not going to make it to 80 years old and look back in regret that I never enjoyed the fruits of my labor.
I have my fair share of toys & no regrets also. Point is people rely on overtime & use every bit of their paycheck to pay bills....

If you are relying on OT than you’ve over extended yourselves. (Which most people become with credit)
OT is never guaranteed. My barn always has OT available but when it’s cut it’s apparent who will suffer . I see the fear set in on some of my coworkers who have many unpaid toys start begging to go back out at all cost.

Living within your means is the greatest feeling than living beyond your means.

My ‘assumptions’ are based on fact...past experiences during many contract negotiations where people just kept right on spending themselves into oblivion, and therefore couldn’t miss work (strike) due to their DTI ratio being so damn high (freely admitted by some of them). I’d never dream to TELL people how to life their lives...it’s just not in my DNA. What IS in my DNA is not allowing for one second materialism to swoop in and control the way I go through life. The ‘Keeping Up With The Jones’s’ mentality is a slippery slope, and one I never cared to navigate. I’m sure you know someone on that slope?

And I understand equity, so drop that argument. The ‘billion-dollar house’ thing was my attempt at humor. I worked my ass off too...which is why I’m currently retired...10 years earlier than I originally thought, and certainly not ‘living in poverty’ or anywhere near it. We all go about our lives as we wish. After all, it’s a ‘semi-free’ country that we live in.

:stirthepot: Your recipe for success sucks!!!Will take over from here.:bat::chairshot::duh::nutkick:
Where have you all been over the last 5 years? All of a sudden you care so much about our success. I would Imagine that you all hope that you will all stay busy hauling our freight down the road during the slow season while we starve on the picket lines.

Okay first off if we strike your inesurance is paid by the IBT as well as your strike pay. Secondly how many of you attend your local meetings call your BA and tell him you appreciate what he does pat your steward on the back and say thanks instead of pissing or moaning. Knowledge is power get off your butt and get involved. It's your union it's your future.

Okay first off if we strike your inesurance is paid by the IBT as well as your strike pay. Secondly how many of you attend your local meetings call your BA and tell him you appreciate what he does pat your steward on the back and say thanks instead of pissing or moaning. Knowledge is power get off your butt and get involved. It's your union it's your future.
There are absolutely zero guarantees that your health care will be provided during a strike. Now I cant understand why TeamCare or my local Union hall would lie to me!

You do not have a clue do ya. do you actually think the IBT is going to pay your health insurance premiums that range from $250 a week for employee only all the way up to $600 a week for employee + Family ?

Cant take it to the grave you only get one life to live and its now someday mite never come

That's right, there is no language in that last paragraph indicating they plan on closing up shop if they do not get an acceptable contract.

"We appreciate your patience as we work through this negotiation. We will resume normal UPS Freight operations as soon as a new contract is in place."
Exactly, what are they supposed to tell the customer, come on man. They have to tell the customer this as to not have them go away forever.