XPO | US trucking stocks fall after Con-way cuts outlook

"Con-way, which is regarded on Wall Street as one of the better performing, publicly-traded LTL companies,"

We have a revision of what is going to be approximately 40 cents, will still post decent earnings in what is probably the worst economy in 75 years, and we are dragging down the industry..???

Oh, the pressure...

We have a revision of what is going to be approximately 40 cents, will still post decent earnings in what is probably the worst economy in 75 years, and we are dragging down the industry..???

Oh, the pressure...

I thought that was good business making money ... the rest of the LTL companies all have their own problems and major decisions to make as well as we do for the next 6 months .. a real good friend of mine told me (and I did a study of course) that the american dollar is holding strong overseas.. which is a good sign for us ... as a nation.

Glad I didn't buy that 50,000 dollar pickup truck and that 300,000 dollar house with an adjustable rate mortgage.... hmm I also said no to all them credit card offers I got in the mail, and thought I would live within my means and pay off all my debt (except small mortgage fixed rate of course)
I figured out something a long time ago.... there's nothing better to fall back on than cold hard cash!

Oh how right you are...other than a car payment I am over half way through on, I am simply paying off the one credit card with a balance, and I am going to sit tight..The house is the house, and I am going to be in it for awhile...

Oh how right you are...other than a car payment I am over half way through on, I am simply paying off the one credit card with a balance, and I am going to sit tight..The house is the house, and I am going to be in it for awhile...

I have one credit card I have to use for online business to pay for this joint but it does not carry a balance and is paid off in full every month.

If I can't buy it cash, I don't buy it

I have one credit card I have to use for online business to pay for this joint but it does not carry a balance and is paid off in full every month.

If I can't buy it cash, I don't buy it
I just now started living like that. I used to be a slave to the credit card companies.:chairshot: My next vehicle purchase will be cash.

I just now started living like that. I used to be a slave to the credit card companies.:chairshot: My next vehicle purchase will be cash.

Just wait til your debt free, you will never go back

Credit cards kill people slowly and they keep you in debt forever.... they break up families and they teach children to be irresponsible with money.

People don't know it but when you buy a new 30,000 dollar car it depreciates 100 dollars per week for the first 4 years you own it... add that to the payment + insurance + taxes and most people will find that new car does not drive that good.

I drive a 1994 Mazda truck worth about 1000 dollars to work every day

What being debt free has done for me...

1 My wife is a stay home Mom
2 I wanted a ATV... I bought it cash
3 I wanted a Motorcycle... I bought it cash
4 I wanted a boat.. I bought it cash
5 I wanted a new laptop (I have 3) I paid for them cash
6 Wanted a new HDTV paid for it cash
7 Wanted a new Cub Cadet paid for it cash
I have a paid off 2001 Explorer (paid in 2 yrs has 26k on it)
I have a paid off 2005 Suzuki (paid off in a yr and a half)

Not bragging, just proving to people you CAN have anything you want when you save for it and don't have 200 people a month holding their hands out for your $$$:1036316054:

You done good Jeff.
I blew my entire 401-k two years before I retired,paying off my wifes high interest credit card bills.

I just retired 6 months ago living on 2 pensions,and social security,with my wife still working driving a school bus.

I still owe 33 grand on my mortage,and still have a few credit cards to pay off.
But its all working out pretty good.
I say so far,so good,is better than so far so bad.

I just saw a report about whole blocks of homes in California that are almost ghost towns with almost every house forclosed on by banks.
These poor folks had to leave their homes,they couldn't aford the higher payments when their ARM's went to the next level.

Our country is really in a mess,the only thing we can do,is our,best,and don't waste any time worring about the rest thats not in our control anyways.

Yep, there are areas of almost entire newer subdivisions vacant...we have a few in our county that were about 75% complete, never sold out and those that did buy abandoned them within 2 years....scary...

It has nothing to do with wages and benefits...it's always been about the inflexible work rules that create jobs and cuts margins...I state this only as fact, not as my own personal opinion..If you are going to tell people to invest their money, are you going to tell them to invest in a company that generally makes a nickel on the dollar or a dime on the dollar..?? Call your broker and ask them to advise you on both, then ask them why, see what they say...on Wall St. it's about margins...best return on investment...
And this is not limited to our industry....If my wigit company makes a nickel on the dollar, and Dockworker's wigit company makes a dime, investers are going to want their money in his company, which will drive up the value, period...