XPO | useing a con-way truck to haul your own stuff

HARLEYRDKING01

TB Lurker
Credits
is it ok to pick something up for your self on company time and haul it back to your barn? is that not stealing services from con-way? i just happen to see an erie city driver do that on 9/15. should i call the GO? to see what the policy is:Rulz:

my advice to you would be to mind your own business.

he is minding his own business and every other Con-Way employees business. Please go to your SCM and tell him exactley what you observed. It may be nothing, it may be something. That will be up to the SCM to decide.

is it ok to pick something up for your self on company time and haul it back to your barn? is that not stealing services from con-way? i just happen to see an erie city driver do that on 9/15. should i call the GO? to see what the policy is:Rulz:

Take care of it at the local level first ... if your scm gives you a run around then go the next step.

I assume he's higher on the seniority list than you are?

Maybe he asked his FOS if he could do this on his lunch break or a break and was told it was o.k. Have none of you ever done that.When I ran city I would stop and pay a bill or stop at the pharmacy on my breaks , but only after telling dispatch what I was doing on my break.And yes , you are allowed to take breaks at this company.

Yikes! This is what it's come to. I'm glad I,m close to retirement and don't have my whole working life ahead of me.

What?

I found out a long time ago, its best to mind your own business at this company. If it aint hurting you dont worry about it. But I also learned a long time ago, theres at least one of your type at every terminal, so I learned to watch my back at all times.

:hide: If the driver is stealing something and hauling it back to the barn, I would think that would be a call to action.
If the driver is merely hauling back a purchase or gift......MYOB! :smilie_132:

I found out a long time ago, its best to mind your own business at this company. If it aint hurting you dont worry about it. But I also learned a long time ago, theres at least one of your type at every terminal, so I learned to watch my back at all times.
:biglaugh: True brother....true!!!! Good one!

Sounds like you don't know the whole story. I'd either let it go or ask the guy about it. Oh, to the guy who's watching his back at all times, what are you doing that you think that's necessary? If you're clean, who cares if there's a busybody watching you?
P.S. I used a company tractor and 48' van to move relatives while at another place. That probably would've caught your attention!

I would think that the only thing you are allowed to pickup would be "Lot Lizards"....Hello L/H drivers.

The "lot lizards" are happy to see us back in our old trucks cause now they have a seat to sit on again. It was hard for her sittinn on the floor of a new eight thousand. Seriously driver leave the guy alone, if you have an issue with him take it up with him , don't get the guy in trouble.