Yellow | USF Glen Moore Pulling Doubles?

Infidel

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone else hear the commercial on XM that USF Glen Moore is hiring teams for a new service out of Kansas City? Among other things the potential candidates are to have doubles endorsements!

Welcome to the New NMFA !!!

THIS IS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR PEOPLE !!!

Those that voted Yes wanted YRC to have the flexibility to take our jobs and turn them non union. That is what they are doing.

Now instead of going to work (laid off), I can sit in my car, drinking my morning coffee and watch the Glen Moore trucks roll down the highway also, instead of all being Yellow or Roadway. (Of the YRC trucks)

NOT KIDDING by the way.

Welcome to the New NMFA !!!

THIS IS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR PEOPLE !!!

Those that voted Yes wanted YRC to have the flexibility to take our jobs and turn them non union. That is what they are doing.

Now instead of going to work (laid off), I can sit in my car, drinking my morning coffee and watch the Glen Moore trucks roll down the highway also, instead of all being Yellow or Roadway. (Of the YRC trucks)

NOT KIDDING by the way.
:1036316054: I recently made a trip to Portland Or. I saw more Glemore trucks pulling RoadWay/ Yellow pups than I saw Yellow/ RoadWay pulling.. Seems to me they getting more freight than is allowed under contract.. You guy's living by the rail-heads need to track this stuff closely..

They are pulling the rail freight from K.C. to the west coast. Better to pay one of our companies than giving the money to a rail company.

:1036316054: I recently made a trip to Portland Or. I saw more Glemore trucks pulling RoadWay/ Yellow pups than I saw Yellow/ RoadWay pulling.. Seems to me they getting more freight than is allowed under contract.. You guy's living by the rail-heads need to track this stuff closely..

LOL, there is very little limit to what they can pull. If a terminal does not have drivers available, there is NO percentage limit to what they can pull out of there according to the NMFA. The only limits are on rail freight, which they will calculate differently. Look at the Tysons notes in supplement. Last paragraph.

The way I see it play out, is they'll leave linehaul drivers sit on layoff as much as possible. This allows them to keep satellite drivers rolling and therefore unlimited GM out of satellites. As hub guys give up and get other jobs, they become even more short handed, allowing casuals and more GM hauling to be used.

Here in KC, Glen Moore are pulling loads to Portland, and a few to Salt Lake. These are not "primaries" for our road drivers, but normally rail freight. We have a sign in sheet and a sign out sheet, and their drivers are complying. Have seen several with Teamsters shirts on. One driver told me he was laid off from Yellow at KCM. Also, from what I understand, our laid off people are receiving offers to come to work for Glen Moore by mail.
Here is one pulling a Reddway trailer to Portland with Roadway's freight on it.
Picture037.jpg

I was told that all laid off drivers must be recalled before Gypos can pull their freight, is this not true?

Has anyone heard different?

I was told that all laid off drivers must be recalled before Gypos can pull their freight, is this not true?

Has anyone heard different?

Only at that terminial, not that region.

Ex 1) Satellite has 2 drivers. Both drivers on runs. Hub has 25 laid off. GM can pull unlimited number of loads from satellite.

Ex2) Satellite has no drivers. Hub has 25 laid off. GM can pull unlimited number of loads from satellite.

Ex3) Satellite has rail freight. GM can pull rail load from satellite, cross country according to NMFA limitations.

Hub drivers :nutkick::nutkick:

Only at that terminial, not that region.

Ex 1) Satellite has 2 drivers. Both drivers on runs. Hub has 25 laid off. GM can pull unlimited number of loads from satellite.

Ex2) Satellite has no drivers. Hub has 25 laid off. GM can pull unlimited number of loads from satellite.

Ex3) Satellite has rail freight. GM can pull rail load from satellite, cross country according to NMFA limitations.

Hub drivers :nutkick::nutkick:

Thanks for clearing that up, I was under the impression that satellite freight was still hub freight? If a satellite of a hub is considered local cartage freight (Hub still breaking & consolidating said freight), than why couldn't a grievance be filed for diversion of work under the NMFA? By establishing road boards in satellites, I can see how YRC is trying to get around this, but, i still think that a grievence should be filed. If for nothing else, but to show the Union brass the loop hole that has been created. JUST MY OPINION

The companies explanation for these UE's was, because the freight stops when it gets to a hub. The hub works an average of 3.7 bills an hour, where the UE's work an average of 6.0 BPH. These were the companies numbers. Whether right or wrong, these were what the company submitted. We all know the companies intentions, all you have to do is look at Conway, FedEx, & UPSF, they're trying to become a clone to these companies.

If a satellite of a hub is considered local cartage freight (Hub still breaking & consolidating said freight), than why couldn't a grievance be filed for diversion of work under the NMFA?

If the trailer in question, is loaded for say a north east or southern destination, then hub would no longer be a part of the chain. They would not be breaking freight, only relaying.
Also GM can do trailer/truckload pickup at customer also I believe.

I don't know how much if any of this is going on, for certain. There is no way to track it. What I do know factually is GM is seriously hurting hub linehauls in the East and West. We have lost much of the rail relay freight, from origin/terminal of origin, to Chicago rail. They are intentionly short calling the boards and letting freight sit, to avoid using drivers in the bottom 20 to 30%.

So how does a nonunion glen moore hook to a roadway trailer and haul it ANYWHERE ? I dont get it ! I know CRST, ENGLAND and a bunch of other nonunion carriers haul usf holland freight west and reddaway freight east but Roadway freight ? how does that work ?

I was laid off from STL Yellow 1-1-06. I got a post card from Glenn Moore wanting me to come pull pups out of KC for them today. My BA said Glenn Moore will be teamsters they are being organized now.

I was laid off from STL Yellow 1-1-06. I got a post card from Glenn Moore wanting me to come pull pups out of KC for them today. My BA said Glenn Moore will be teamsters they are being organized now.

For those not vested, will it be teamster soon enough to save your pension? Probably not, in most cases. You'll get to start all over. Your clock starts running when you have a break in service. If you have 2.5 yrs in, thats how long til you lose it.

So how does a nonunion glen moore hook to a roadway trailer and haul it ANYWHERE ? I dont get it ! I know CRST, ENGLAND and a bunch of other nonunion carriers haul usf holland freight west and reddaway freight east but Roadway freight ? how does that work ?

If it is a truckload. Say a satellite in Texas, fills a trailer with freight to St. Paul. As long as the satellite in Texas has no drivers available, GM can run it to the St Paul terminal or customer, there is no enforcable percentage limit to my knowledge. If it would have been rail freight, it can be run w/only the percentage limit.

I sure hope we do a better job organizing GM than we did Overnite, Conway & FedEx. I know YRCW is not suppose to interfere with organizing GM (as part of the NMFA), but, i'm sorry I just don't trust that this company will not bend this rule to show the downfalls of being Union. I'M NOT SAYING THERE'S DOWNFALLS, but, you can bet non-union material will find its way into GM's reach.

GM should have been Union, "BEFORE" being allowed to pull this freight, or at least asked to sign cards of intent. I would have felt a whole lot better if we all new for sure GM was going to be a Union brother before giving them our freight.

GM should have been Union, "BEFORE" being allowed to pull this freight, or at least asked to sign cards of intent. I would have felt a whole lot better if we all new for sure GM was going to be a Union brother before giving them our freight.
Sounds good but as of right now I don't see any benifit for NMFA people to Overnite being Union. Yes to bringing in members but not if they whipsaw us in the process. :1036316054:

??????

Sleeper teams on the clock been here for hours. No loads for them to leave with.
Glenmoore comes in drops and picks leaves how does this happen?
We do not rail loads out unless the roads are closed. All we put is emptys on the rail here. Why does Glenmoore pull freight out instead of emptys ?

Sleeper teams on the clock been here for hours. No loads for them to leave with.
Glenmoore comes in drops and picks leaves how does this happen?
We do not rail loads out unless the roads are closed. All we put is emptys on the rail here. Why does Glenmoore pull freight out instead of emptys ?

See some of the posts I've been doing in other threads. The 67% voted to allow outsourcing of freight from terminals where no drivers were available as well as rail. If no Charlotte drivers were available its all permitted.