Yellow | Vacation question?

remo williams

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know the answer to this? Help is needed as the Steward doesn`t know and the BA is never available when you need him.
The vacation list has been posted, and being at the top of the list , I need to put in my weeks. I want to take one week as single day, vacation days.The contract book says" You must request them in advance...
The Steward says I can`t request them until everyone has put in their full weeks vacation, then it will come back to me to add my single days. Does anyone know the correct answer to this and if so where can it be found?

It deprends on your work rules.some places bid vactions by the year,some do them on a weekly slip depending on seniorty.You need to find out the work rule for vactions at your barn are.

gopher is right remo. Vacation's are different in each supplement contract. So the information I would give you would not apply since I am in the Carolina Supplement. Sorry I could not help.

Never had this problem. I believe at 120, Your single days are after all have bidded their weeks and it goes by a percent then of how many are already off that day.
Also I'd imagine it depends on whos running it at your barn. One thing I can say, at our barn the guy who does it, almost always with give you a day at a time with little to know notice.

Like Toxic said, every supplement is different. I'm guessing that you guys bid your vacations once a year. Most places the weekly vacations are granted before single vacation days. You are awarded your single days only after the number of weekly vacations are put in. If that number is above the limit, you are denied. It just depends on who's taking what on a certain day. You need to call your BA and make him answer your question if your steward doesn't know. Been there............DS.