TForce | Vacation Selection Process

Well here you go, Everyone wanted RULES that applied to everyone, NO EXCEPTIONS! You got it. If you look at alot of the new work rules they are beginning to mirror small package. Vacations are just the beginning, small package has to have theirs done by Dec 1st. No swapping because say if you swapped with your buddy and there was another driver above him that wanted that week also someone is going to get shorted, Gotta make it fair. But don't fret our new "Labor Friendly " Prez will be cutting everone a check shortly after the first of the year. So it may not even be an issue we can just take a couple months off, He'll take care of it. Peace Out:1036316054:

Just because your guy got his *** kicked doesn't change the fact that "our" union will be stronger because of its support of the president elect Obama. The company has delayed the negotiaitions on the work rules for 7 months. Now with a labor friendly NLRB just around the corner we can get some action. 8 million votes and counting.:biglaugh:

If you have a small board picking all your time by seniority will be fine. If you have a large board the bottom 25% or more are not going to have any choice at all. Also i agree that they are using rules from the package side for us. But just the ones they like and are advantageous to management. Let's see how many work rules are shared by both sides(if we ever see any work rules).

there's a rumor we are going by classification senority in Memphis. Once again they are stripping us of our senority. Vacation is by company senority. Always was always will.

We started to bid vacations, but it got so messed up that we had to file a grievance and now it's on hold.
Anybody else having problems?

In Fresno they won't even let us look at the calander to see what was picked in front of you! If you pick a week that a senior man has then they will pick for you! This is BULL S**t And being grieved!

In Fresno they won't even let us look at the calander to see what was picked in front of you! If you pick a week that a senior man has then they will pick for you! This is BULL S**t And being grieved!

That's what they are doing at my terminal but have not said that if a week you select is taken(you have no idea if it is) they then pick it for you. If your not allowed to repick from whats left I think its rather clear how they feel about their employees, if there was anyone that had doubt.

You are suppose to have a proxy, that way if you pick a week that is already taken, you can go down the line to what you want next, and so on. File!

our tm has the weeks on the bulletin board and is updated every moring. a couple of guys pick every day.no problems

1-There are too many black out dates.
Nobody can take off during those times. Why not?
2-Taking off during a holiday week. ex: Thanksgiving
Have to use all 5 vacation days that week.
You will get paid for the 2 holidays and now you lose 2 vacation days for nothing. They say "No".
3- What if you want to take Thurs,Fri,Mon,Tues,Wed (5 days) and need to travel to be at a wedding or something else (sporting event,etc), that's on the weekend.
They say "No" you can't do that.
4-And if you can't make up your mind then they will assign you a week of vacation.
Whose vacation is it anyway? :realmad: File a grievance.
I thought a vacation is something you take when you can't take it anymore.

Thats what I was wondering about... Im calling my BA first thing in the morning.

What if I want to take (1)Thursday, and (2)Friday off counting as two days. I already have Saturday and Sunday off, while continuing my vacation on (3)Monday, (4)Tuesday, and (5)Wenesday.

Here is another, the vacation selection is set up as a bid with time slots. The company explained that each employee had to be at the terminal to bid their vacation week. Thats ridiculous. Some workers will be at home at a time when they are usually sleeping. What if that worker is on vacation since alot of people are on vacation right now.

I gotta ask about these black out dates. This isnt Disneyland where I purchased an annual pass and cant visit the park on certain occassions. What a joke. Just because they deny a whole week of vacation, does that mean you wont accept a day or two of vacation when the time comes?

Im digging for answers tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

I have 9 yrs seniority and im 87th on the board out of 98. I got to pick my vacation today and the only months that was left were jan thru the 3rd week of march so much for a warm weather vacation.

I have 9 yrs seniority and im 87th on the board out of 98. I got to pick my vacation today and the only months that was left were jan thru the 3rd week of march so much for a warm weather vacation.

This is were persistence pays off. Watch all the weeks that were scheduled and grieve the right to take off based on freight volumes. The worst that could happen, is that you could lose. Ask for all of last years vacation and attendance sheets from all the drivers for 2008 and see if there was any week when they let more guys off than they are doing this year. Good luck.:1036316054:

Do most SVC go by Job classification when determining vacations? Our Manager has lumped City and Road together, we have 3 Road and 15 City.He claims we are to small to let these classifications take off at the same time. Also the senior driver isnt allowed to pick ALL his weeks, he can only pick the first Week(s)then it goes down the list till all have picked their first week and then it goes back to the senior driver to pick his 2 choice week(s). we can take up to 2 weeks and thats it. We are non union, and we have to have it in by the 12th also or he's picking for us. is he playing games?

I work in indy and our so called manager put up 5 black out weeks for us and we also have 61 city drivers and only allow 5 drivers per week. most all drivers have at least 2 weeks so 90% split aweek i fgured roughly that comes to about 300+ days of single days of vacation to schedule and june,july,aug and half of sept are full so managment is now scratching ther dumb *** heads to figure out what ther going todo.

Do most SVC go by Job classification when determining vacations? Our Manager has lumped City and Road together, we have 3 Road and 15 City.He claims we are to small to let these classifications take off at the same time. Also the senior driver isnt allowed to pick ALL his weeks, he can only pick the first Week(s)then it goes down the list till all have picked their first week and then it goes back to the senior driver to pick his 2 choice week(s). we can take up to 2 weeks and thats it. We are non union, and we have to have it in by the 12th also or he's picking for us. is he playing games?

You are nonunion. He can play any game he likes, by any rules he likes. Good luck.

If you read your non union rule book, it says the terminal manager has the right to change any company policy if he feels it will benefit his terminal. He can do what ever he wants regarding vacation selections. I just picked my vacation and I took the month of August off.:1036316054:

If you read your non union rule book, it says the terminal manager has the right to change any company policy if he feels it will benefit his terminal. He can do what ever he wants regarding vacation selections. I just picked my vacation and I took the month of August off.:1036316054:

Heck yes.:1036316054:

I will be off this winter. Living it up south of the border. I hate the frakin cold. Maybe it's time to move somewhere warmer.