Yellow | Vacation

Dang..... I should have stayed..... I would have had six off.... Some would just stay to get their full vacation weeks. Nah. Not me. I had five weeks off then after two years of five they cut it back... To 4....or was it six and they cut it to five?
Oh. Hells Bells.... I flushed when I left.... To forget all that stuff. Lol.
:17142:
:1036316054:
P. S.
I remember one thing. I used all my vacation days as singles for years.
The last two years I worked there I didn't work a five day week.
With holidays. Birthdays. Anniversary day..
They put their foot down just before I left and followed contract.
Could only split two weeks into singles. Rest you had to take whole.
At one time. After my surgery. I had over 7 weeks stacked up.
I know! They couldn't keep track of anything back then. I used all but one week
as singles. Single days off.
(I got a printout as proof so they couldn't go back and say I didn't have it)
Have had that happen before. No proof.

Last edited:
Dang..... I should have stayed..... I would have had six off.... Some would just stay to get their full vacation weeks. Nah. Not me. I had five weeks off then after two years of five they cut it back... To 4....or was it six and they cut it to five?
Oh. Hells Bells.... I flushed when I left.... To forget all that stuff. Lol.
:17142:
:1036316054:
P. S.
I remember one thing. I used all my vacation days as singles for years.
The last two years I worked there I didn't work a five day week.
With holidays. Birthdays. Anniversary day..
They put their foot down just before I left and followed contract.
Could only split two weeks into singles. Rest you had to take whole.
At one time. After my surgery. I had over 7 weeks stacked up.
I know! They couldn't keep track of anything back then. I used all but one week
as singles. Single days off.
(I got a printout as proof so they couldn't go back and say I didn't have it)
Have had that happen before. No proof.
Some of your co workers told Wong and I that you routinely came in on those single days off, carrying paper towels, and Pledge, and cleaned the dock light fixtures??? What’s that all about???

Some of your co workers told Wong and I that you routinely came in on those single days off, carrying paper towels, and Pledge, and cleaned the dock light fixtures??? What’s that all about???
I was wondering why it smelled like Pledge when I got back!

They were starting to get mad I took so many Fridays off I started taking Thursday instead... Didn't matter to me what day. I just quit drawing attention to myself by doing so. I left all the copies of the slips in my locker.when I left. There was a bunch!
But it wasn't any brighter when I got back?!!
Must be somebody dirtied them back up during the day.
Ahh... The good ol days... Six months ago. Lol.

Wait a minute. How did Mystic get the Pledge??? I thought you two lost a load of it when Wong drove out on the pier at Padre Island??

What effect does the cruise control setting have when you're sitting in the rail yard? I'm asking for a friend. :hide:
lol, well, I heard that's why they lost their railyard exclusive privileges.? Or, did they get them back? (I haven't been to the railyards in over 7 years). :hide:

lol, well, I heard that's why they lost their railyard exclusive privileges.? Or, did they get them back? (I haven't been to the railyards in over 7 years). :hide:

I like going to the railyards, I've loved trains ever since I was a kid (a very long time ago).

Do you miss Chicago?

I only pass through Chicago driving to Milwaukee to visit my sister.

Although I did have have a fantastic time in Chicago in 1968 when I flew out for a friend's wedding and hooked up with my friend's wife's aunt. She was my first "Mrs.Robinson". :smile new:

I only pass through Chicago driving to Milwaukee to visit my sister.

Although I did have have a fantastic time in Chicago in 1968 when I flew out for a friend's wedding and hooked up with my friend's wife's aunt. She was my first "Mrs.Robinson". :smile new:
Does your Sister miss Chicago?