Very Important...please read

not a problem please try and post the number every other day.. i want jevic held accountable dave g. tim c. the investors...

Question??

1-877-468-8836 its a lawyer in new york who has filed a class action lawsuit against jevic for the warn act.. dont delay dont delay dont delay call in the morning tell them your a jevic employee effected by the closure i will continue to post this every day calllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll if you dont you wont get whats duly yours

Thank you for this post. First, my heart goes out to all the people and families affected Jevic's closing. My husband worked there for 15 yrs. This is a very sad time indeed.

Question, any idea how long a Class Action Suit will take? Do you think Dianne Allens office will be helpful to the suit? If there will be a pay out, how long would you expect it would take.

We spoke with the lawyer this afternoon an she estimated a year...year and half...but what have you to lose? She also stated that they would be seeking 12 weeks pay and beni compensation...

Thank you for this info. I will make sure my husband contacts all of his crew to make the call. I am just so dissapointed in how this whole thing was handled. Did the workers not deserve at least a 30 day notice? I hope the courts will prevail : )

Keep spreading the news

WARN act requires 60 days notice.If 60 days isn't given then 60 days of pay and benefits must be paid. In addition to replying to law firm previously mentioned, it wouldn't hurt to contact ur local state senator in the district of ur terminal.
Sun Capital has a history of this.Let's hope in addition to pay and benefits due us there will be additional penalties to them:butt kiss:

Lawyer

There is a meeting scheduled today Thursday, May 22, 2008 with a lawyer here in NJ. I will keep everyone informed as to what is going on as soon as news hits my ears.

Thanks!

I've contacted as many office personnel as possible to keep them updated regarding Diane Allen and the legal info. I've directed them to this web site as well. Looks as if we're all scrambling for the same jobs as well. Best of luck to you all! Thanks to all of you for your proactive work!

Nikkita...please mention to the lawyer that medical insurance is required BY LAW for MASSACHUSETTS residents (J6) and by dumping ours it has left us breaking the laws of Mass!! This info will show just how high and dry Sun Cap left some of us...

I sure will DD, you bet. I will pass that information to one of the people attending that meeting. Everyone please keep as much information flowing on here as possible.

WARN act requires 60 days notice.If 60 days isn't given then 60 days of pay and benefits must be paid. In addition to replying to law firm previously mentioned, it wouldn't hurt to contact ur local state senator in the district of ur terminal.
Sun Capital has a history of this.Let's hope in addition to pay and benefits due us there will be additional penalties to them:butt kiss:

good luck to all of you i wish you an an your family well you guy should ask some of the C-F workers how the warn act works my buddy worked there for 26 years an after it was all said an done he got less then $3.000.00 it was better then nothing i thought.the workers was the last to get paid all the company that c-f old money to got paid frist good luck to all of you i have you all in my prayers.no company really care about workers or there familys no matter how loyal you are to them i also found out the hard way

Update

Class action suit was filed in Delaware against Jevic and Sun Capital.Law firm has heard from all terminals except JA.If anyone knows someone who worked out of Ca. terminal please let them know.Also,for those who worked at 4 terminals closed in April.You can't be included in this suit.However, if you didn't receive all severance you deserved you can still file your own suit under different laws.Please contact a lawyer in ur area.Contacting local politicians and newspapers can't hurt.:1036316054:

Lawyer in NJ would also like to hear from Jevic peoople.

Ben Faulkman, Esq Cherry Hill, NJ
856-854-9444
[email protected]
Please include in email.
Name
Address
Phone
How many years employed with Jevic?
Position

Pass around information.

Please pass the information about the Ben Faulkman to everyone you know at Jevic. Thank you!

ben's email address?

I just tried to email but it was kicked back..any ideas? I sent it right from the link on the post. See you all Tuesday!:1036316054:

there is a meeting saturday across the street from j1 in the park at 10 am lawyers are going to be there because jevic wont release a list of employees for the lawyers to contact us about legal action