FedEx Freight | Very important,please read!

fartknocker

TB Veteran
Credits
If you want to see what kind of people we work for check this out.Its about a city driver in CGT getting fired for supporting the union.Many of you may have heard of this. I dont know how to link so bear with me....
go to NLRB.GOV..... click on decisions.....type fedex in the search for term box in the center of screen click on the results with the name Tommy Grass.Its a 10 page PDF from the court case brought after he was fired.

fastmover, lately at my center we had a lot of wholesale changes that don't make me or many other drivers very happy ,but if your that pissed at fx why not quit and go work for a union company?

Im not raging mad really, its a good job.But the meetings we have been having are a relevant and currant discussion. We may have a decision to make and people need both sides. I love my job and have been here for some time,I just dont want the good to slip away and just leave job behind.I just want the higher ups to pull the cotton out of their ears.At my center we need help, we are short handed and nobody does anyhting about it,all of this contributes to my attitude at this time.

10/4 you sound like about 60 percent of the drivers at my center we are so short handed they keep giving our early volume loads to linehaul drivers.what pisses me off is they say we are doing everthing possible to stay a float but they won't bring city guys in early to do the extra city work i think its major bs.

14wheeler said:
10/4 you sound like about 60 percent of the drivers at my center we are so short handed they keep giving our early volume loads to linehaul drivers.what pisses me off is they say we are doing everthing possible to stay a float but they won't bring city guys in early to do the extra city work i think its major bs.

We do the same thing by us.

I'll let this thread go on but watch the union talk or .....

Smokestack /
:nutkick:

well everyone should know by now that fxf don't really care about the drivers anymore all there worried about is the numbers,you all have to remember this not american freightways anymore,but if it was i don't think we would have to worry so much about our jobs.back then it almost felt like we were family,sure don't feel like that anymore,you just have to wait and see who's going to stab you in the back next.

Part of the problem is that the terminal manager position is a stepping stone to a bigger job.I would say we dont get much respect as far as them acting on our problems.We have meetings, and then they tell us why our ideas dont work.I would say they need to hire some management with more creativity.

I think that this company is on the move, and we have to hang on tight to stay on the ride....but, with the philosophy of Fedex, it has to run with aggressiveness, and integrity, and I dont think they will allow any other than that. Its a new freight environment now, we are #1 and have to fight to stay there. My center does some stupid things too, but our management is on top of it, slow or not, theyll get it right in the end. FX will not allow nothing but the right thing.

I'll say this i'm old school,i love driving,you got B.S. every place you work at, I'll probably **** and moan but i;ll ride it out,overall FDX is a sound company too work for.

fastmover said:
Part of the problem is that the terminal manager position is a stepping stone to a bigger job.I would say we don't get much respect as far as them acting on our problems.We have meetings, and then they tell us why our ideas don't work.I would say they need to hire some management with more creativity.

I don't know about where you're from, but from what I've seen, the TM job is a stepping stone to the unemployment line or a different company. Frankly, I don't agree with everything thats happening and I think that most of it comes from one guy's office in Harrison. But I do have faith that FedEx is smart enough to make the appropriate changes before things go too far. I say give it time.

roadwhore said:
well everyone should know by now that fxf don't really care about the drivers anymore all there worried about is the numbers,you all have to remember this not american freightways anymore,but if it was i don't think we would have to worry so much about our jobs.back then it almost felt like we were family,sure don't feel like that anymore,you just have to wait and see who's going to stab you in the back next.
are center will not let road do any city,just dock.But city can run long road runs @ drop of hat!its like they work to position xboard to fall in the shortest runs? but remember people First.Go figure.:shutup2:

I agree with USLoneStar, even way back with AF, the flexibility that we have is the key to us staying on top. If that means that things change a lot, then it must be that way. We have the target on our backs, without innovation and efficiency we are just like all the other carriers.

roog

We have city drivers running more miles than extra board drivers. It isnt right.Flexibility I understand.Not doing the right thing I dont.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Union talk non-union talk unions and corporations are all in it for themselves the bottom line is we are all numbers to both sides. The only way that drivers want things to change is get together and go to congress and get good media attention.

St. Peter said:
Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Union talk non-union talk unions and corporations are all in it for themselves the bottom line is we are all numbers to both sides. The only way that drivers want things to change is get together and go to congress and get good media attention.

Your freedom of speech does not pertain to a privately owned message board, either follow the rules or go where you think it's better.

There are other forums available for you to post union -non post on this site, just abide by the rules and all will be fine.

Thanks
FM

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************.

I don't want to organize nor do almost any one you talk to in the Northeast. What makes you think thats the answer. I talk to driver's from the other LTL carriers and they don't seem any happier than our guys are, In fact in most cases they seem more upset about the situation they're in than we are about ours. If you want to work for a company with a U....perhaps you should apply to one.