FedEx Freight | Very Low Frieght

CLT city is running within a couple of percent of last year as far as pickups. Last year was a record year. The difference is we hired enough drivers so that guys can take their vacations and personal time now. Also no one in the city is having to work 14 hour days now. The lowest seniority guys may not get all 8 hours driving, but they have the option to work dock to get it just like the rest of us did at first. Quit yer bitchin.
I asked the dock OM at my center if I can hit the dock so that I can get my 8 but was told I can't. Is the dock work option in writing somewhere on the intranet?

I asked the dock OM at my center if I can hit the dock so that I can get my 8 but was told I can't. Is the dock work option in writing somewhere on the intranet?

Now a days part time dock workers have it over the drivers. Soon as your freight is done your kicked out. Your freight is done when you arrive you get kicked out. That’s how it’s been the past few months in the Midwest. Driver out of my barn that has a short run (less that 60 miles to hub) frequently turns and burns his short run. Why? They tell him his freights done. While there’s a ton of work for part timers. When this happens to him he’s back in the yard at 12:30-1 in the morning. Whenever I run EFH I get kicked out because they need the forklift for the 2 am start part timers. Used to be able to work until my cut.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if there is a need to lay off then the part timers go first other wise us full timers can't do anything about not getting a full shift.

Now a days part time dock workers have it over the drivers. Soon as your freight is done your kicked out. Your freight is done when you arrive you get kicked out. That’s how it’s been the past few months in the Midwest. Driver out of my barn that has a short run (less that 60 miles to hub) frequently turns and burns his short run. Why? They tell him his freights done. While there’s a ton of work for part timers. When this happens to him he’s back in the yard at 12:30-1 in the morning. Whenever I run EFH I get kicked out because they need the forklift for the 2 am start part timers. Used to be able to work until my cut.
They will probably always send you guys home first when not enough work. They know you don’t like it, but they also know you aren’t going anywhere. The part timers are much harder to replace, so they basically keep them to their regular times.

Why did you ask? I would have just started working.

Usually, I'll go to City dispatch and ask if they have anything I can run. Something that's a drop and hook nearby that'll burn an hour or two. If not, I'm jumping on a forklift. I'm getting my hours, though.

Sir,you are correct,but there is drivers that want to go home early,sups know them and send them home first so other people can work,but then we have issue with senior drivers complaining why this guy is going home early.Sups asked them ,but they refused to go home because they need to make more money on the dock.Thats the part i dont get,you stay by your choice and then complain.

I just picked up some low freight.
cepyMqH.jpg

Maybe I'm off my engines, but can anyone tell me how does it make any sense to have 15 cdsa's start at noon and few hours later supervisor asks who wants to go home early. However they are currently have 10 openings for driver apprentices. We are being over staffed, but they still feel the need that we need more drivers. I just don't get it. I'm out of Pocono Summit POS.

Some of these drivers haven't seen a truck in months....

We here at MDW (Midway) in Chicago are dying!!! We haul Econ but we’ve been cutting runs every night?!?!? Does anyone have insight? Are there low levels of freight every where? I’ve been canceled two nights in a row while standing right in front of my dispatcher. This is crazy!!
My i suggest something to you , and I’m being very serious , start creating passive income streams online , it’s here to stay , you can scale it , the choices are endless . NEVER rely on FXF for your wellbeing alone . Just start researching it and find what fits for you . Then you won’t care how often you sit home .

However they are currently have 10 openings for driver apprentices. We are being over staffed, but they still feel the need that we need more drivers. I just don't get it. I'm out of Pocono Summit POS.
The current internal career opportunities list shows (Company wide) 5 city, 5 road, and 3 apprentice positions. NONE of those openings are for POS.
:scratchhead: