Central Transport | Vitran crashes another one

wrenchmonkey

TB Lurker
Credits
What is Vitran company policy on drivers who crash trucks. we have a driver who has put two trucks in a ditch in less then a year . This time the truck is totaled and he still works. how many more does he have to crash before any thing will happin to him.:TR10driving03::nutkick:

Vitran has no point system, they use to claim that it if you surpass 10,000 in damages you were terminated but as we can see that is not true. From what I have notice is P&D drivers can have many accidents and still be employed but a Linehaul driver can be terminated on their first accident. Vitran just started allowing Linehaul Drivers to have 1 accident followed by a final warning of termination for any incident.

WM, Whats the story with driving over cars in Lansing? Heard about both of them today, heard the other one wont be back.

when i worked for vitran the accident policy was i believe 3 accidents within a year. i know the only big way to be terminated from the company on the first accident was for following to close. now like i said that was about 7-8 years ago.