Central Transport | vitran dropped considerably

ALL the senior guys knew what the truth was..WE knew the mistakes they were making...WE could only stand by and let them become a victim of their own demise...Frustrating...thats an understatement...To stand by and have to watch them destroy what we deserved ...A NEW TERMINAL..you bet...Total Frustration...And yes there are no good days without bad...And we will hang tight...We have always been under estimated...But we know whats going on...Now is the time to get going in the RIGHT direction...But in closing let me say this...and its been said many times b4....THEY can talk about the right thing...THEY can say all the things THEY plan on doing...But its only lip service at this point because all that we have been through...THEY can promise the world...THEY can talk until THEY are blue in the face...BUT ITS NOT WHAT THEY SAY...ITS WHAT THEY DO THAT DEFINES THEM....We can weather this storm...Because above the clouds...The SUN still shines..Im outta here...And...BTW i'm not Stupid...All you gotta do is read between the lines...And all is revealed....ENOUGH TALK...DO SOMETHING

Last edited by a moderator:
i couldnt have said it better myself train, if the prices dont rise in a hurry, we will se the same type video next quarter, and for the prices to rise, the claims have lower, and for the claims to lower, the morales needs to rise, and for the morale to rise, the level of b.s. from management needs to lower, when something is bleeding as bad as the whole vitran in whole is, the best way to fix the bleeding is to find when the bleeding is starting from, and not to just put a bandage on the problem, they need to go in and find where the bleeding is starting. MORALE PEOPLE, I am tired of going to work and listening to all the cry babies, cuz all it does is **** me off and it makes everyones day crappy. if we all just came in and did our part and did our job to the best that we can, the issues at hand would start to fade away slowly. I am not saying it will fix it quickly, but it is a start.

I have always been taught you lead by being a leader. Having a TM sitting behind his closed door coming out here and there to do nothing but say how WE are not making his numbers look good is a sign of less than stellar management capabilities to me. Have most of your P&D cut at 9am, but 3 linehauls pull in at 830,, this is our fault? Some of these people need to look in the mirror first! Have 2 trucks leave both with half loads, and later in the day meet up at same customer with each of you having 4 skids, but had room for another 12 when you left? Can we say fudging the numbers for corporate? Claim you know nothing about it, that was the other guy's job? then you should be dismissed for not keeping your house in order! Drivers on dock re-stacking freight, ripping broken stringers, balancing double stacked skids walking along side forklift due to turned sideways and cannot get under them (take them out on floor where you can get around from the side) drivers loading freight with their jacks dodging forklifts, walking around with load sheets pointing out skids for other people's trailers trying not to get run over to speed things up......... yep,,,,, chasing greatness one headache at a time

Chasing Greatness is all Vitran Express will ever do....chase it. The big 6 or 7 LTL companies got there by doing the right things. Whether it's pay, maintenance, benefits, equipment...or maybe all of the above. 5 year pay freeze? That's probably the #1 gripe. Have any of you had to operate a truck that needed major repairs? not unsafe but doors ajar or having to tie them closed.....broken seats....no AC? If it were once in a while that would be different but it's an everyday thing here. Vitran needed to clean house....old school managers and corporate employees did nothing to improve Vitran....They rode the GOOD OLE BOY and GIRL mentality. Terminating them was a start. I am glad they are gone. Vitran needed to confiscate old Dallas TM's company phone as I hear he is continuosly calling and trying to recruit all the Dallas employees. He's a real sweetheart isn't he? He was a crappy TM and now in retrospect he deserved to be fired. Knowing him he is in this thread somewhere. Vitran does not move the freight the BIG BOYS move but they seem to do allright with what they bring to the table. Look at Dallas...they have what....2 or 3 sales people for the whole metroplex? Enough said. Most of you stay because you don't like change. I accept that. So should you. It's going to take a long time to expand this operation....those of you that are long term employees should stay....unless you get the opportunity to get on with one of the elite companies. You may have to work a little harder but in the end, you won't regret it. Good Day All!

End of story Slugbug......You have said it all..On the Old TM....Once bitten...No, not twice shy. It's once bitten..Mad as hell..Good Day!!!!!!:guiness:

Good Day to you my not so young brother.....you of all are the best I know....Keep gtn it done as always.....you could have your pick of any elite company out here...but knowing you....you will wait until the time is right....don't go backwards....LTL offers M-F days....good pay, good benefits, good equipment....no hurry tho bro......we can wait for the good ones....take care.

Slugbug in retrospect i should have stayed at Overnite in the 80's....As a Dispatcher and as a Driver i learned everything i know about the LTL business from Overnite... Maybe i've been in this business too long...Perhaps its made me a bit cynical...Because integrity is such a rare thing in this industry..And i don't like the person i find myself becoming.. So i'm about ready to come off this web site, because honestly i'm tired of beating a dead horse...I'D RATHER PLAY XBOX LIVE..AND MOVE ON..IT SERVES NO PRODUCTIVE PURPOSE TO CONTINUE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING WE CANT CHANGE....ONLY MANAGEMENT CAN CHANGE IT BY DOING THE RIGHT THINGS..

hey train i couldnt of said it better myself. xbox live and a cold drink and a mic so I can yell out my frustrations to the world. but it dont pay the bills, but I know one thing, you wont see me on here bad mouthin vitran anymore, there is nothing left for them to do to me that hasent been done, so from here on out I will take the advice of the nicest lady in the world, my sweet ol mother, she said, " If you dont have nothing nice to say, then dont say anything at all, good luck to all of you who will stick it out at vitran.........

hey train i couldnt of said it better myself. xbox live and a cold drink and a mic so I can yell out my frustrations to the world. but it dont pay the bills, but I know one thing, you wont see me on here bad mouthin vitran anymore, there is nothing left for them to do to me that hasent been done, so from here on out I will take the advice of the nicest lady in the world, my sweet ol mother, she said, " If you dont have nothing nice to say, then dont say anything at all, good luck to all of you who will stick it out at vitran.........
This site is a place to vent... Sure we are all discouraged...and frustrated with the way things have went over the last few years, no one could be happy with a 25 cent raise and the pay freeze that the company wont release...So we need a place to come to and vent. But it doesnt always have to be negative...I once read somewhere that..."When you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change." Dallas has put itself back on the tracks with a new TM...He listens and is not a arrogant Pri**....Sure we will have some hard times ahead, but thats just life...But i think we are moving in the right direction...If you have read all the threads i have been on you would see its been a wild ride of ups and downs...Im not asking this company to come to me (or us the labor)....I ask only this ...MEET ME HALF WAY...It does not need to be an US AND THEM MENTALITY.... right now VITRAN pays my bills, so i owe them some measure of respect. I wont be walked on...but i wont walk on them..I will give 100%...The sleeping giant has awaken...and is trying to find its way...not an easy task. OLD DOMINION is a prime reason of why we should not lose hope..Just 10 years ago they were a struggling line trying to find its way...They brought in all new upper level managers and in about 3 or 4 years turned it into the best LTL company in the business with an operation ratio second to none..It took a while for Vitran to get in this mess..so it will take some time to come out..Listen...I write this for you young guys...Ive been in this business almost 40 years and have done it all...From a manager to a dispatcher to a driver..I will retire soon...so i have no agenda..im well off and happy, sure i have bad days, but for the most part im quite happy, just keeping it real guys...Just dont give up the time you have invested in Vitran..Ive seen the big ones fall and the little ones thrive..I think this SLEEPING GIANT has great potential...DONT GIVE UP ..DONT LOSE HOPE..Remember sometimes you must prune a tree of its dead limbs, as to not affect the over all health of the tree..If you dont the rotten limbs could destroy the whole tree...Sometimes sacrifices must be made in order to protect the whole...And by the way Southside...You have a smart mother..and we all would be better served if we could take that advice.