Central Transport | Vitran Hiring...

FrkyBgStok

TB Lurker
Credits
Vitran is hiring local p&d drivers and linehaul drivers. I am considering applying for the linehaul position. What are some goods and bads about this company. Also does anyone know the mileage rate? Apparently it is about 530 miles a night.

you have to look back at the past topics to figure out the bad. For someone just hiring in you get what is givin if your happy with that then it's great. But for someone who has been working at vitran for some time everything is bad. So don't listen to me or anyone else on our bad comments about Vitran. I've talk to some guys recently hired and they say they love it and it is better than their last job.

I do believe the grass is greener across the street from Vitran.

I've talk to some guys recently hired and they say they love it and it is better than their last job.

Maybe the grass "isn't" greener across the street from Vitran. Not unless you're referring to a golf course. I think Vitran just needs some "Weed n Feed". Weed out the slackers & Feed the good workers some $$$$$'s

Maybe the grass "isn't" greener across the street from Vitran. Not unless you're referring to a golf course. I think Vitran just needs some "Weed n Feed". Weed out the slackers & Feed the good workers some $$$$$'s

Fluffy Cat-what a great statement. They need to weed and feed at all levels from dock all the way to the top!

thanks for the input. i got the mileage rate. when trying to figure out a yearly income to see if i can financially swing the move, is there any other things i should know about other things like any dock work, drop and hook pay, overnight money, etc? or is it the mileage and that is all?

The quote "I do believe the grass is greener across the street from Vitran" originally came from the topic of member Chris Driver who had been terminated from Vitran, I made that statement to uplift his spirit and to let him know that life goes on after Vitran.

I egree we need weed n feed but we also need to season it with parts, good mechanics, barbecue, salad, something to drink and some detailing would help.

The quote "I do believe the grass is greener across the street from Vitran" originally came from the topic of member Chris Driver who had been terminated from Vitran, I made that statement to uplift his spirit and to let him know that life goes on after Vitran.

Dang!!! I was wrong about the golf course. I didn't mean to get off topic but I was really impressed Simple, what you posted about the new hires. It was good to see something positive in the Vitran board for a change. Maybe we need more new ppl with good attitudes to boost the morale a bit.

One thing I know for certain FrkyBgStok, is that the door is always open to leave if we don't like it. We all know our way out. I've never ever seen anyone held hostage. Good luck if you chose Vitran. You may like it.

Oh, btw Simple, you forgot the dessert.:smile1
:

Maybe we need more new ppl with good attitudes to boost the morale a bit.

:

Really think that will help?

I went to work every day with a positive attitude and was treated as nothing more than a piece of equipment. I wasnt asked if i could work on saturday, i was usually told late friday evening and it didnt matter if i had plans or not, i was expected to change them for PJAX. Asked ahead of time to get out early one time for a important meeting, think they cared, ran me right up until i was late for my meeting. Called in sick because of a pulled muscle in my neck to the point i couldnt hold my head up, from moving their freight. Was told "you dont need to turn your head to drive truck, come to work". They didnt care that we were full time employees yet only worked us 20 hours a week to the point i was looking at bankruptcy, just as long as their #'s looked good to corp. I worked everything they asked me to work, from the dock, yard jockey, plowing the lot, line haul, to running my regular route just to get the hours. Yet, when i gave a 2 week notice on a wednesday i was shown the door on friday.

The grass is so much greener, taller and thicker on the other side of the fence that i quit trying to mow it and am now letting cattle graze on it

I have seen people come and people go. Crash is right, at times we are treated as noting more than equipment. If you think about it, that is what we are. Do I care about the people I work for? In a way I do but of course I am here for a reason...Fridays...If we would all realize that that we use them just as much as they use us, life would be easier. I have never seen anyone with a good attitude shown the door without finishing out the notice time. What terminal are you from Crash?

thanks for the input. i got the mileage rate. when trying to figure out a yearly income to see if i can financially swing the move, is there any other things i should know about other things like any dock work, drop and hook pay, overnight money, etc? or is it the mileage and that is all?

Just mileage. No detention pay. No drop/hook pay. Doubles are a few pennies per mile more, depending upon region. No layover pay. Unless you are a serious :butt kiss:, don't expect the good runs. (This is true for being new at any place!) . Expect to put your job /company first and your family and yourself second. Expect to eat a lot of ::shit::, again depends upon your terminal. Did they promise you 401K like our terminal still does on job interviews ? (neglecting to state that the company no longer contributes? ):rofl2:
Oh, and we just switched to the 70/8 log shift, so you'll be good on lots of hours! :sleep:

KDR, i was out of GRR. Terminal manager wasnt around when i went in for my shift so i gave notice to my dispatcher who asked "what, dont you like working here?". A dock worker overheard the discussion between the dispatcher and terminal manager and supposedily went something like, "Theres no way im paying for 2 days holiday (gave notice before thanksgiving) and if he thinks the grass is greener, friday can be his last day". I had to finally say something to the TM (who had seen me several times) before i left out to run my route and he played it down to "It has slowed down so why dont you make today your last day".

vitran hiring

I tried to slow done the ::shit:: from rolling down hill at the beginning of this post, but now the ::shit:: has hit the fan and its all over the place. TGIF

Vitran is hiring local p&d drivers and linehaul drivers. I am considering applying for the linehaul position. What are some goods and bads about this company. Also does anyone know the mileage rate? Apparently it is about 530 miles a night.

u dont want to wast your time with ::shit:: hole company. u can do better

u dont want to wast your time with ::shit:: hole company. u can do better

Taken from yahoo hotjobs:
DRIVERS
Vitran, Inc. LTL regional trucking has openings for F/T CDL Class A city & road drivers with hazmat, 2 years safe driving. Full time includes:*Start rate local class A $19.95/hr*Road rate up to $.43/mile*Road 1-2 day dispatches & home every weekend *Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical benefits *401(k)*Paid holidays, vacations & personal days
Applications accepted 1/25/10-1/29/10 8:00 am 4:00 pm. Apply in person at: Vitran, Inc. 1200 Wrights Lane, West Chester, PA 19380 E.O.E.