Yellow | Vote Count Begins On Teamsters Contract At YRC Worldwide!

Congrats Guys and Gals... Keep driving that Standard down!! Everyone keeps jumping on board ..Never Ending, Grow a Spine!!!

Congrats Guys and Gals... Keep driving that Standard down!! Everyone keeps jumping on board ..Never Ending, Grow a Spine!!!

Did you bother to read the article????? The count will be today AND tomorrow. RELAX!!!!!

I read it and am basing that comment on how close it is... Really? Are you that scared of Wall Street Welch's tactics? Shame on you all! Scared Teamsters are fake Teamsters..

I read it and am basing that comment on how close it is... Really? Are you that scared of Wall Street Welch's tactics? Shame on you all! Scared Teamsters are fake Teamsters..

Where in the article is there ANY reference to how the ACTUAL voting on this proposal will turn out?

No checking of eligibility? Doesn't that invalidate any result per our own voting rules?

Each LU has provided a list of eligible voters. The mailing envelope has your name and LU on it. Once verified as valid it will be opened and the ballot envelope will segregated by LU. Once that is completed the ballot envelopes will be opened and counted by LU. That's why it will take until tomorrow to determine the final vote count.

Each LU has provided a list of eligible voters. The mailing envelope has your name and LU on it. Once verified as valid it will be opened and the ballot envelope will segregated by LU. Once that is completed the ballot envelopes will be opened and counted by LU. That's why it will take until tomorrow to determine the final vote count.

Thanks albag, although the reports from TDU seem to indicate that they are already opening and mixing the ballots which would make checking eligibility impossible. Although I don't doubt that it's just sloppy writing on the part of TDU...

Also there is this: "They are not checking eligibility; but accepting all ballots mailed in as valid, unless an observer challenges a particular ballot."

The IBT Constitution says you have the right to vote on your contracts. The Constitution does not spell out how to conduct contract ratification votes, unlike Local and International elections of officers. We can't expect the IBT to have the latest technology available to provide the count supervisor with an updated list of eligible voters when they're still using the old TITAN system from 1995! Come on!

I guess I naively assumed that LUs would provide election supervisors with current seniority lists. :shrug::poster_oops:

Did you bother to read the article????? The count will be today AND tomorrow. RELAX!!!!!

People can read......but comprehending seems to be a problem......
smiley-confused010.gif

I rest my case...........