ODFL | Wage And Benefits Meeting 2020

Don't know about the rest of the country but, could not see why anyone out in the PNW would expect anything with all the cash being dished out to repair tore up equipment. Maybe if folks would start taking care of what we have and do pre and post trips, and start caring about what we have, we might be able to save the company some $$ and get a descent raise next year. When things are tight, we all need to do our part , just say'n

This is definitely a different kind of year. I think we all know we usually hear news on this topic right around the first of the month. Good news is regional VPs in the east are starting to say that there are going to be wage benefit and meetings the week of August 17th, number attendees in each to be restricted. I've heard of 2 regional VP's that have said to drivers they think we will be happy/excited with what we hear. Since this thread has been so quiet, I'm assuming most are like me and didn't expect anything this year. Therefore if they throw us a bone, we'll definitely be happy.

I would say no meetings this year.Best to ask your manager that ?.Don't believe we will see much of a raise this year.We are in for a tough rest of the year and next.Going to have to buckle down for sure
Word from a couple guys I know at the local OD terminal is they are going to be replacing grass at terminals,across the country,with artificial grass,and start in the PNW. The company CFO said, the master mower guy,or whatever he is called, spends more time blowing hot air, than 4 leaf blowers.

Operating ratio is supposedly 79 and you guys are ready to roll over and accept zero????
Really. Get off of here with your dribble. I know that each day I am behind the wheel of my second mistress, that I do my utmost to get my sets down and back. In a safely, proficient manner. Knowing that our customers can count on myself and other’s working here. That’s how you grow business.

Really. Get off of here with your dribble. I know that each day I am behind the wheel of my second mistress, that I do my utmost to get my sets down and back. In a safely, proficient manner. Knowing that our customers can count on myself and other’s working here. That’s how you grow business.
I've listened to your guys boot licking on here for a long time.
Stand up and actually have some nuts.
They rake in billions and give you this false sense of ownership because of some jacked up operating ratio numbers and you buy into it lock stock and barrel.
What's wrong with actually getting a decent raise or at the least not making it easy for them as they pay some flunkie over at corporate to scan these boards to get the pulse of the drivers here?
At least "act" like you want a raise for Pete sake.

I've listened to your guys boot licking on here for a long time.
Stand up and actually have some nuts.
They rake in billions and give you this false sense of ownership because of some jacked up operating ratio numbers and you buy into it lock stock and barrel.
What's wrong with actually getting a decent raise or at the least not making it easy for them as they pay some flunkie over at corporate to scan these boards to get the pulse of the drivers here?
At least "act" like you want a raise for Pete sake.
Once again you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. Obviously you don’t work here. Where do you work? I don’t lick boots, I make a above standard wage, all you are is some whiney ass liberal. Go away baby.

That's awesome, you getting so much out of providing a service for the customers, helping the company grow. Someone else's company that will let you go as soon as it makes sense financially. All while sacrificing the most important thing you have - your time.

The guy has a point. Corporate brags about insanely low OR, one record breaking quarter after another, and you are cool with no raise?

That's awesome, you getting so much out of providing a service for the customers, helping the company grow. Someone else's company that will let you go as soon as it makes sense financially. All while sacrificing the most important thing you have - your time.

The guy has a point. Corporate brags about insanely low OR, one record breaking quarter after another, and you are cool with no raise?
Post of the day!!!

Another maggot following the stink. Who do you work for big man? I do what I do. I made the choice to work here. I invest my time and in turn invest my earnings. My wife and I have a plan. I am not going to have to worry when I retire. Financial planning, if they let me go tomorrow, no worries. I have a new job with one phone call. So tell me schmuck, why does it bother you? It must. What, you can’t get hired here? You run line and have dock duty afterwards? You are city, a professional shade tree sitter? Really. I’m really holding back, cuz if I spoke my mind you’d be crying. I’m on the top of my game. Are you???

Not on this board. I told you to get off. Why don’t I go over to the FedEx board and call you out. Because I respect their board.
This an open forum.
Has nothing to do with respecting the board.
It will have an impact on other freight lines when you roll over and say ok to no raise.
Other truck lines get the same idea.
Good enough for OD, good enough for our guys.

I've simply asked questions.
Don't be so fragile.
Maybe that's why they don't feel they have to give you a raise?