Estes | Wage Freeze?

Bumpy Roads

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard about a wage freeze? I'm just a little over 5 months from topping out at my 3 years and got word there will be no more raises. If so how long will this be? I need to buy gas and groceries and these prices are not on a freeze! Where is it going to end people?

Yes I did hear about the wage freeze I too am in the same boat its going to get where a guy cant offord to drive to work anymore!!
Not sure how long but if its anything like the holiday proably wont ever get it back so I hope your not holding your breath!!

What's interesting about that idea is, when you call in to central, one of the messages played (along with the righteous jams!) is from Rob Estes spouting off about last year being our most profitable year. One of those things that makes ya go "Hmmmm..."

Haven't heard a thing...And my meet driver is out of ATL,and I ask him..He hasn't heard no talk of a wage freeze...

Me too! I haven't heard a thing. When I first read the post I thought he was refering to the yearly .0125 increases we used to get. I don't hear our new guys saying anything about it. Far as I know your supposed to get .0125 or .50 cents every 6 months for 3 years and the cost of living increase is an added bonus. If these union companies would quit screwing with their employees we could get our increases again and everything would be just like old times.

i just recieved my 6 month raise and haven't heard anything about it... been here 2 years

Me too! I haven't heard a thing. When I first read the post I thought he was refering to the yearly .0125 increases we used to get. I don't hear our new guys saying anything about it. Far as I know your supposed to get .0125 or .50 cents every 6 months for 3 years and the cost of living increase is an added bonus. If these union companies would quit screwing with their employees we could get our increases again and everything would be just like old times.
So how exactly are the union companies, i.e. YRC, screwing with their employees affecting how Estes is screwing you. If Estes had their best year ever the union companies aren't having too much effect on their bottom line. Sounds to me like management knows they can pretty much do what they want without their employees being able to do anything about it. If you don't like it , well thats just tough.

I've read so many posts on how us non union guys are feed by ya alls decision making and just assumed our increases haven't been hitting our wallets because the the wage setters are arn't making a profit. It seems most of us are happy except for a few former GI guys and that probably is just organized herredity.

I've read so many posts on how us non union guys are feed by ya alls decision making and just assumed our increases haven't been hitting our wallets because the the wage setters are arn't making a profit. It seems most of us are happy except for a few former GI guys and that probably is just organized herredity.
Give me a break. I talk to long term estes guys all the time that ain't real happy with some of the things that go on around here. This blaming any discontent on GI lost any credibility long ago.

I asked TM this morning and found out I as a linehaul driver will get my last raise to top out at my 3 years. We have a hub driver who will not get the final raise but hourly dock raises still apply for hub. This is how I understood it and apologize for the misunderstanding and was not trying to cause any hate and dicontent.

Its ok. Those outsiders like to think management has their way with us from time to time.

wage freeze? what wage freeze? they have to pay for that 122 million dollar mistake they made buying those wore out roadway terminals. what better way than to cut off pay raises to the employees. if you dont like it there are other companies out there that would love to have you. lol.

i think they do have there way with us. they dont care about you , your family. i dont know what company you work for.

I know they care about me. They let me take days off when I need it. They let me work when I need to. They give me cool gifts all year long. They tell me happy birthday once a year. They even served me cake and ice cream on Veterns day. :bananapartyhat:

I love my job. They pay me well. They run me pretty much like I want. Even a couple of guys in central dispatch ask me where I want to go sometimes. I get time off when I need. A wage freeze isn't cool, but they said in the meetings at the big terminals this year that they would probably resume raises at the end of the year. I'm just happy I have a good job. I bet Schneider would hire you on at 36¢pm, if you hate it here so much.

Personally, I'd rather work for a place that doesn't give me a raise for a year or two and is stable and profitable, than one that gives out raises annually no matter what and goes broke. Plenty of LTL carriers out there have paid themselves into bankruptcy. I bet you won't be bitching about not getting a raise if you come to work and the gates are locked.

If you want to see a company that doesn't care, go work for Central Transport. I worked there for 3 months before I got called over here. No contest, this place is the best. Central Transport cut rates before I started, and then cut them again, all in just a few short months.

lets see how much they care. you lay over at major break bulks for twenty four hours at a time, with no pay.you stay at funky bunk houses . you sleep at nasty motels that managment wont stay at.show me the love.