TForce | Wal Mart distribution center

my source? maybe you misunderstood, There is a wal mart distribution center that is starting to receive freight on jan 15, I was wanting to know from other p&d drivers what kind of freight we deliver to wal mart dc's and what to expect, ince this will be our only walmart dc.

Is it solid pups that are dropped?
Tm is talking about adding a driver just for it.

That is what Roadway does. Trap it and the main BB for that area and has Road Drivers run it to the DC.

my source? maybe you misunderstood, There is a wal mart distribution center that is starting to receive freight on jan 15, I was wanting to know from other p&d drivers what kind of freight we deliver to wal mart dc's and what to expect, ince this will be our only walmart dc.

In the beginning ,up in the north, it was a combination of traps and part of morning linehaul break, These loads ran to dc by fulltime city drivers, vans and 28's. The freight itself is eyecandy for us and a forklifts dream, came from break as part of our morning breakdown, and filled 3 walmart trailers per day dropped in our yard. which they retrieve ,And is currently running the same way, to this day.

If you have too live unload bring a pillow. You will be getting alot of sleep.

Again he asked.....what Wal-Mart DC are you refereing to, and we may be able to tell you more about them....I deliver to Brooksville, FL, and I delivered yesterday for the first time to the new one being built in Alachua, FL that is to open in 3-2007.

It has over 8 miles of conveyor belt-lines in the DC...really something to see!.........KK

We load them up and drop them at Walmart when they are full. No special treatment or special circumstances involved. Lowes, on the other hand, is different story completely.

Equalizer

when i worked in WPB and a walmart dc opened in ft pierce, we at first just loaded with our equip then dropped. after the dc became opened and operational they would send walmart drivers and drop trailers. we would fill them and walmart would pick them up, occasionally we would have overflow on our trailers and local driver would drop load. in the busy season we would load up to 3 53' a day. expect alot of freight coming thru.

We load them up and drop them at Walmart when they are full. No special treatment or special circumstances involved. Lowes, on the other hand, is different story completely.

Equalizer

So it is to my understanding walmart does not come and get thier own trailers, or are you loading our's and then delivering them. And if that is so I wonder whay the differance in DC'S. And what is so special about lowes?

when i worked in WPB and a walmart dc opened in ft pierce, we at first just loaded with our equip then dropped. after the dc became opened and operational they would send walmart drivers and drop trailers. we would fill them and walmart would pick them up, occasionally we would have overflow on our trailers and local driver would drop load. in the busy season we would load up to 3 53' a day. expect alot of freight coming thru.

Welcome to the boards togdenjr, and this is what happens in the north as far as wal mart is concearned.

my source? maybe you misunderstood, There is a wal mart distribution center that is starting to receive freight on Jan 15, I was wanting to know from other p&d drivers what kind of freight we deliver to wal mart dc's and what to expect, ince this will be our only walmart dc.

You'll never know it's all drop and hook and all there paper work is marked
"Wal-Mart Confidential" :smilie_132: