TForce | Wal Mart distribution center

You should expext nothing out of it, over here we use contract haulers to do it, that way the road driver can sit at home and wait for the soup kitchen to open

We've got an odd deal at my terminal.
About twice a month a contract hauler drops his load at our dock,its for one company with many stores in our area.
All of us route drivers make these deliveries.
They are always skids,no hand freight,and all dock unloads.
I've woundered why this cotract driver doesn't make all the drops,but pays UPS Freight to do them?
Also none of it is a hurry up delivery,and its not appointed.
Maybe my TM knows more?
I know its easy money for our terminal.
An inbound dock worker unloads these skids to the dock,all of us route drivers deliver it the next day.
No muss,no fuss,thank you,very much.

well it must suck to be a road driver

I guess it all depends what area your in. It doesn't suck to be a road driver at the terminal I'm domiciled. (As long as you stay away from management, and central dispatch) We have too much work for company drivers to cover. That's one reason why I'll never move from this area.

I hope at the first of the year it changes for the ones that are staying home. Company drivers out first, shiny wheels out last.

I wasn't too serious, I know there are good and bad about being a road driver, I am a dock/cdl and have alwayd worked atleast 50 hours a week.

In Raleigh, NC, We have a Refer Division of Wal-Mart and UPSF carries alot of their LTL freight. They are usually there for hours cause it is sort and segregate process. AS for Wal-Mart DC, Roadway spots the trailers.

We've got an odd deal at my terminal.
About twice a month a contract hauler drops his load at our dock,its for one company with many stores in our area.
All of us route drivers make these deliveries.
They are always skids,no hand freight,and all dock unloads.
I've woundered why this cotract driver doesn't make all the drops,but pays UPS Freight to do them?
Also none of it is a hurry up delivery,and its not appointed.
Maybe my TM knows more?
I know its easy money for our terminal.
An inbound dock worker unloads these skids to the dock,all of us route drivers deliver it the next day.
No muss,no fuss,thank you,very much.

It might not be as much money for your terminal as you think, esspecially if it is a three line haul, and the revenue is being split with god knows who.

How do you see this revenue as a three way split Trojan Man?
The shipper hires this contract truckload company to pick this load up at their docks.
The contractor drops the load at our terminal dock.
Than we deliver to the stores.

I only see a two way split.
The contract truckload company is one,and our terminal is the second,and last.
Seeing this is all skids,with no appoinments required,and no touch,its pretty easy money for all involved.