Yellow | Wall Street Journal article (Jack Cooper bid update)

Lazy and they don't want to work.
Big easy money is preferred.
Slave, it doesn't make me the slightest bit happy to say this, but this outcome is exactly what I anticipated. The Amico (jack Cooper) bid has way too many contingencies that were not at all likely to be extinguished. I too wanted to see Yellow rise from the dead but realized that no amount of wishful thinking was going to make it happen. The corporate (pick your favorite pronouns) have so tarnished the brand name that the customers would have to be seriously "sold" on the concept of "new and altogether different Yellow". That's a hard sell when you've got the competition enjoying dessert after they've already eaten your lunch.

Last edited:
Slave, it doesn't make me the slightest bit happy to say this, but this outcome is exactly what I anticipated. The Amico (jack Cooper) bid has way too many contingencies that were not at all likely to be extinguished. I too wanted to see Yellow rise from the dead but realized that no amount of wishful thinking was going to make it happen. The corporate (pick your favorite pronoun) has so tarnished the brand name that the customers would have to be seriously "sold" on the concept of "new and altogether different Yellow". That's a hard sell when you've got the competition enjoying dessert after they've already eaten your lunch.
I didn't have any belief that this was gonna happen.

I commented on what they said....and it just makes it how they were...lazy, didn't want to work ....just want their big money.

I have not seen this aspect even mentioned.
If the resurrection had happened, how would seniority have been determined? It would have been a new entity. What about wages? 100% or progression? Vacations?

If the resurrection had happened, how would seniority have been determined? It would have been a new entity. What about wages? 100% or progression? Vacations?
What a mess that would've been - and every day. The questions and headaches that would have never gone away. I couldn't imagine going back to work at Yellow again - seriously bad vibes.

Not to mention, they would have to bring guys in to basically sit around initially, when there is no freight.

Not to mention, they would have to bring guys in to basically sit around initially, when there is no freight.
Eh, probably not. You would bring in and send out some people the first day to make pickups, then have them work that freight into outbound loads to start loading the system. The second day would bring a few more people and some linehaul. The third day would begin to look like a freight operation with deliveries, pickups some linehaul and dock personnel. There would be an accompanying number of office people to handle that aspect, and filtering in some mechanics. In three to four days, it would be up and running.
This would require SERIOUS commitment from everybody. Customer service like we've not seen in years, "can-do, will do" attitude, and make it shine.

What a mess that would've been - and every day. The questions and headaches that would have never gone away. I couldn't imagine going back to work at Yellow again - seriously bad vibes.
And you're management!!!! Whatsa matter you, Roger? If they re-open, I plan to be at the forefront of "making it happen!" I don't think that's going to happen, though.

Eh, probably not. You would bring in and send out some people the first day to make pickups, then have them work that freight into outbound loads to start loading the system. The second day would bring a few more people and some linehaul. The third day would begin to look like a freight operation with deliveries, pickups some linehaul and dock personnel. There would be an accompanying number of office people to handle that aspect, and filtering in some mechanics. In three to four days, it would be up and running.
This would require SERIOUS commitment from everybody. Customer service like we've not seen in years, "can-do, will do" attitude, and make it shine.
Pick up what freight, there is no commitment from anyone to utilize a faIled LTL network, again. The sales effort would be immense and there would need to be a compelling reason to use a carrier with a horrible reputation. Most likely, that would be price which is what got them into trouble in the first place.
I had a conversation with a shipper recently who is owed $$$ from Yellow. He is hoping this happens so he can collect his money due to his company.
I have said it as soon as I head about this offer it was a scam.
All to divert attention from SOB"s disaster.
Well it has us talking about it.... It worked...

Since 1980 , Teamster leadership has let the once giant and powerful lTl trucking division dwindle down to almost nothing. Why has this happened? Because it never effected them in the pocket book. Their salaries and pensions and benefits never took a hit.
The union elected officers are no different than politicians, they make their money and get rich, no matter how poor a job they do . The system is rigged in their favor and against the common man.

Since 1980 , Teamster leadership has let the once giant and powerful lTl trucking division dwindle down to almost nothing. Why has this happened? Because it never effected them in the pocket book. Their salaries and pensions and benefits never took a hit.
The union elected officers are no different than politicians, they make their money and get rich, no matter how poor a job they do . The system is rigged in their favor and against the common man.

Back in the 80’s and into the 90’s, you still had about 3-4 companies hauling about 40 plus percent of the LTL freight in this country, each grossing, 5 to 10 billion annually, and were content to operate at .96, and accepted that as the norm. No one, company or union tried to negotiate work rules or procedures to compete with the likes of ConWay, American Freight, Estes, OD, and all the other up and coming companies that were growing fast.

Back in the 80’s and into the 90’s, you still had about 3-4 companies hauling about 40 plus percent of the LTL freight in this country, each grossing, 5 to 10 billion annually, and were content to operate at .96, and accepted that as the norm. No one, company or union tried to negotiate work rules or procedures to compete with the likes of ConWay, American Freight, Estes, OD, and all the other up and coming companies that were growing fast.
An astute observation, Ted.