Yellow | Wall Street Journal article (Jack Cooper bid update)

Pick up what freight, there is no commitment from anyone to utilize a faIled LTL network, again. The sales effort would be immense and there would need to be a compelling reason to use a carrier with a horrible reputation. Most likely, that would be price which is what got them into trouble in the first place.
I had a conversation with a shipper recently who is owed $$$ from Yellow. He is hoping this happens so he can collect his money due to his company.
I have said it as soon as I head about this offer it was a scam.
All to divert attention from SOB"s disaster.
Well it has us talking about it.... It worked...
It's funny (or sad) that SOB can't wrap his big fat meathead around the fact that almost every person in sales who ever worked for Yellow wouldn't even consider coming back to a zombie LTL carrier loaded with negative baggage. The same goes for our old accounts. No one wants problems, explanations, or excuses. They just want their commodities in the marketplace - drama and problem-free. Sarah Riggs/Amico raised capital that can be utilized elsewhere.

Pick up what freight, there is no commitment from anyone to utilize a faIled LTL network, again. The sales effort would be immense and there would need to be a compelling reason to use a carrier with a horrible reputation. Most likely, that would be price which is what got them into trouble in the first place.
I had a conversation with a shipper recently who is owed $$$ from Yellow. He is hoping this happens so he can collect his money due to his company.
I have said it as soon as I head about this offer it was a scam.
All to divert attention from SOB"s disaster.
Well it has us talking about it.... It worked...
Talk doesn't cost anything in this instance, Puffer. On all your other points, I think your points are valid. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: it would be nice if Sarah Amico can pull this off, but I think the likelihood of it is so slim as to be a non-event. I would be VERY surprised to see this actually happen.

Lazy and they don't want to work.
Big easy money is preferred.
This is the statement of an envious many. Hard work isn't always done outside and in bad weather. Investors often take on significant risk, which typically works to employ then THOUSANDS of people. Everyone makes a choice of what to do when "they grow up", focus on yourself and be happy for others also.

This is the statement of an envious many. Hard work isn't always done outside and in bad weather. Investors often take on significant risk, which typically works to employ then THOUSANDS of people. Everyone makes a choice of what to do when "they grow up", focus on yourself and be happy for others also.
Sorry. I don't like the choice.
I'm not envious
It's not respectable to me.
I don't consider it "earning," your way

It's funny (or sad) that SOB can't wrap his big fat meathead around the fact that almost every person in sales who ever worked for Yellow wouldn't even consider coming back to a zombie LTL carrier loaded with negative baggage. The same goes for our old accounts. No one wants problems, explanations, or excuses. They just want their commodities in the marketplace - drama and problem-free. Sarah Riggs/Amico raised capital that can be utilized elsewhere.
She should fix her own company first.
Or she is getting lots of $$$$ for this diversion...

That's Ok
But without investment nothing would happen and we'd be like Venezuela
That is the canned answer but not the only option.
It's not always capitalism vs communism.
There are other options.
Here's a history on economies.
You have nothing but time
Read:

Back in the 80’s and into the 90’s, you still had about 3-4 companies hauling about 40 plus percent of the LTL freight in this country, each grossing, 5 to 10 billion annually, and were content to operate at .96, and accepted that as the norm. No one, company or union tried to negotiate work rules or procedures to compete with the likes of ConWay, American Freight, Estes, OD, and all the other up and coming companies that were growing fast.
I worked for American Freightways back when CF closed. Before CF closed the union wanted nothing to do with us at AF. One week after CF closed the union was standing outside our gate trying to get us to sign cards.

This is the same way all retirement plans and pensions work. They invest in companies to help grow there net worth. I sure many would be surprised what their pension is invested in. I remember back a few years ago the teacher union was invested in gun manufacturers. I sure many pension are invested in places like Amazon, but yet we don't hear a big uproar about investing in places like Amazon or other big corps. Just imagine if the pension at you job had to invest 100% into the company you worked for.

Last edited:
I worked for American Freightways back when CF closed. Before CF closed the union wanted nothing to do with us at AF. One week after CF closed the union was standing outside our gate trying to get us to sign cards.

That is just grandstanding by the union.
After SOB shut down Yellow he boasted about organizing Amazon.
Nothing more than comedy and of course no one follow up on those promises. Thus teamster leadership is never held accountable.
There has not been a single carrier organized since deregulation in 1980, if you desire you can say the former Overnite. However anyone who understands the business well knows that was a sell out rather than organization. It hurt more than it helped.