Yellow | WARN Act trial if necessary, early 2025?

Keep your contact info current with your Union Local and the court. I went through 3 company BKs and you will get paid in intervals as the BK proceeds. I got a check 8 years after one company BK.
Solid advice Hookman.

As to getting paid in intervals as the BK proceeds, that would only come into play if you have claims in multiple priority categories. Claims in highest priority category are paid first.

For simplicity's sake call highest priority A and lowest priority E.
All valid claims in priority A are paid in full before anybody in B gets a cent.
If there is enough money to pay all valid priority B claims in full, they are paid before anybody in C gets a cent.
That process continues down the chain until there isn't enough money to pay the group in full. If group B has $5M in valid claims and there's only $2M left in the bucket, then every valid claim in group B is paid 40cents on the dollar and C, D, and E get nothing. Depending on what type of claim a person has filed with the court you could have a claim in different priority categories.

Here's a pretty good reference for claim priority:

Solid advice Hookman.

As to getting paid in intervals as the BK proceeds, that would only come into play if you have claims in multiple priority categories. Claims in highest priority category are paid first.

All valid claims in priority A are paid in full before anybody in B gets a cent.
If there is enough money to pay all valid priority B claims in full, they are paid before anybody in C gets a cent.
That process continues down the chain until there isn't enough money to pay the group in full. If group B has $5M in valid claims and there's only $2M left in the bucket, then every valid claim in group B is paid 40cents on the dollar and C, D, and E get nothing. Depending on what type of claim a person has filed with the court you could have a claim in different priority categories.

Are Darren, Matt Doheny and friends in group A?

Are Darren, Matt Doheny and friends in group A?
I know you're just stirring the pot, but that's not how it works. It's not WHO, it's WHAT.

Very generally speaking:

A) Legal fees related to the BK
B) Secured creditors
C) Unsecured creditors who are owed wages and vacation pay
D) Unsecured creditors who have other types of claims
E) excess funds distributed to shareholders

Note, it only gets down to E IF every single valid claim of all types are paid in full.

Solid advice Hookman.

I know how it works I went through it 3 times. You are correct but some of the lower claims take years to get paid. CF had issues with terminals that were sold due to fuel tank leaks etc. I was local 208, 396 sucked. Lol.

I know how it works I went through it 3 times. You are correct but some of the lower claims take years to get paid. CF had issues with terminals that were sold due to fuel tank leaks etc. I was local 208, 396 sucked. Lol.
I would hope so after going through it 3 times. I was posting for others' benefit as it sounded like you were inferring the money would trickle in as assets were sold.

Yes 396 sucked. They all sucked, just to a varying degree.

I would hope so after going through it 3 times. I was posting for others' benefit as it sounded like you were inferring the money would trickle in as assets were sold.

Yes 396 sucked. They all sucked, just to a varying degree.
208 had elections every 3 years for all BA's, President. sec treasure all staff except for office personal. Do good work or your butt was out next election. All companies suck, to a varying degree but I enjoy me Teamster Pension.

Was 208 in El Monte? Now 968 or something like that? 396 is still around but I don't think they have any Freight.

Was 208 in El Monte? Now 968 or something like that? 396 is still around but I don't think they have any Freight.
L.A., merged into local 63 in the 90s. 208 was the local city drivers in freight for most drivers in so Cal. 357 was dock local 224 was linehaul.

I know you're just stirring the pot, but that's not how it works. It's not WHO, it's WHAT.

Very generally speaking:

B) Secured creditors

Note, it only gets down to E IF every single valid claim of all types are paid in full.
Solid advice Hookman.

Thanks for posting this for the folks from Yellow. Helps to have an idea of how things go so people know what to expect.

Very generally speaking:

B) Secured creditors

But if you updated claim C to priority (10k) max you will get paid before d

Very generally speaking:

B) Secured creditors

And as we are ALL observing, those in Group "A" (the lawyers) are doing their damnedest to make sure there's nothing left for anybody else.