Estes | WARNING:Beerboys Corner

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
this as me as a driver not a mod.. guys i gotta go back to my old self a bit and blow off steam. if you get offended easy STOP READING

i feel that the more fox news shows our economy going in the crapper and the more managers [any company] sees the yellow headlines / the saia layoffs / the O.D. layoffs / the Conway term closings / need i say more ??? i think the more [some/not all] managers will start the attitude "where else ya gonna go" bit.
i guess we have to all pick our fights right now and those poor team drivers i could care less about if there feelings get hurt. there is so many spoiled Estes drivers that it kinda makes me sick.
i heard a rumor that fights broke out in some eastern term's over bidding !!!! what THE HECK. seniority is just that if ya got the time in line-haul to get the run you want then great. if not is it fair that you make more money and have a better run than a senior man. I'm sorry guys I've been on the Yrcw board.I'm thankful for what i have and not gonna let silly stuff get to me
look at MANY of our friends that work at yellow and Holland .
Then for drivers to fist fight over bidding !!! i could slap everyone of em. i would fist fight for my family , god and work in that order. fight to work is different than fighting if someone above you got 50 more miles a night. any way we at Estes are lucky right now. right now we have a somewhat solid job as solid as it can be right now . maybe we can take our selfish anger and pray for our friends and brothers at yrcw. It could be us and maybe by the end of this economic mess. god bless ya all

this as me as a driver not a mod.. guys i gotta go back to my old self a bit and blow off steam. if you get offended easy STOP READING

i feel that the more fox news shows our economy going in the crapper and the more managers [any company] sees the yellow headlines / the saia layoffs / the O.D. layoffs / the Conway term closings / need i say more ??? i think the more [some/not all] managers will start the attitude "where else ya gonna go" bit.
i guess we have to all pick our fights right now and those poor team drivers i could care less about if there feelings get hurt. there is so many spoiled Estes drivers that it kinda makes me sick.
i heard a rumor that fights broke out in some eastern term's over bidding !!!! what THE HECK. seniority is just that if ya got the time in line-haul to get the run you want then great. if not is it fair that you make more money and have a better run than a senior man. I'm sorry guys I've been on the Yrcw board.I'm thankful for what i have and not gonna let silly stuff get to me
Then for drivers to fist fight over bidding !!! i could slap everyone of em. i would fist fight for my family , god and work in that order. fight to work is different than fighting if someone above you got 50 more miles a night. any way we at Estes are lucky right now. right now we have a somewhat solid job as solid as it can be right now . maybe we can take our selfish anger and pray for our friends and brothers at yrcw. It could be us and maybe by the end of this economic mess. god bless ya all

beerboy ,I couldn't agree more. But, I think as long as you have the type of bid system we have you're going to have this problem. Not everyone understands the way you bid. Personally, I think we really need to let Richmond know, by our voices, that the only fair way to bid is by TOTAL COMPANY SENIORITY. The reason we are having these problems is the younger drivers are being allowed to bid on longer-better paying runs than the older guys. THAT"S NOT THE FAIR WAY. If we would all get together and write,email or call the 800 line and let Richmond know how we feel. This company didn't get where it's at by NOT listening. I had the utmost respect and admiration for Mr. Roby. He was fair and HE LISTENED to his workers. LET ROB KNOW HOW YOU FEEL GUYS. He's not stupid!!!!!!!! TOTAL COMPANY SENIORITY BIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree and if Estes goes to a every year bid then we need some rules before we do this again.
I was on the conference line all night and then reading the yrcw board. I guess i have truckingboards overload. You know i try to read all i can and i guess i read to much over the weekend with my hurt back :hysterical:
Anyway i know we here at Estes have or own little problems and some of you may not know i was a usf dugan driver when dugan closed. i had 4 and a half years in the company and I'm 32 now. i had a lot i lost. until i got on at estes i never recovered money wise. so i do watch those boards as much as i can. I know whats it like to read that your company closed on this very board. I hope this is not the case for yrcw.
this is why i love trucking boards. the boards will almost always have up to date info before your t.m. has it.
anyway carry on. i used to go off like this everyday so i was due :hysterical::clap:. you all be safe tonight

No fight at our barn...we all stood in a big circle and everybody was cool. I'm proud of the guys we got, if somebody got bumped then ok...if you got the whiskers then take the run...that simple. Had one team guy do a little winen, but everybody looked at him like , man just be glad your rollin bro, and he shut up. I pray for all that have jobs in jeapordy, it's scary..been there done that myself.

beerboy's right, the whimers need to shut it down. I have been with Estes for almost 9 years, done Hub, Linehaul, P&D, the whole deal. Right now I'm a volume driver and I have worked 4 days in the last month. I can't afford the games anymore but I'm not whining. There are other jobs and as soon as I land one I'm gone. Obviously won't be LTL at this point:biglaugh: but beggars can't be choosers. Good luck to us all.

I am doing the same thing fuzzo. Just as soon as I find something else I am gone too. I am sick of this crap! You can call it whinning if you want to but fair is fair.

beerboy's right, the whimers need to shut it down. I have been with Estes for almost 9 years, done Hub, Linehaul, P&D, the whole deal. Right now I'm a volume driver and I have worked 4 days in the last month. I can't afford the games anymore but I'm not whining. There are other jobs and as soon as I land one I'm gone. Obviously won't be LTL at this point:biglaugh: but beggars can't be choosers. Good luck to us all.

Wow....4 days work in the last month...that's tough. I don't know much about "volume" drivers, we don't have any out of our barn and I'm not personally aquainted with any, but sounds like that division is really suffering right now. Tough deal driver, We will pray for you guys and hope things pick back up quick.....

It sounds like the turnover %age may be going up here at the "E." They'll have to pry my steering wheel from my dead fingers. I aint going anywhere. :toxic:

not right now anyhow

True, I believe this change was only "phase 1" ....As economy worsen's they'll probably have more. I've never worked for a company that changed things so much. This company been in buisness nearly 80 years and still haven't got it figured out. .. .That's usually a good indication of too many higher up's sittin around thinkun too much!:gathering:

Thanks Beerboy We are all brothers and sisters out here.
When ya stop and think, if there were an accident on these dangerous highways, we all know the right thing to do is help. My opinion is that folks that spend the time to keep everyone informed on this site are the greatest folks around. Times are tough and stress levels at an all time high in the twenty seven years of my driving experience never have I seen it so bad for morale out here. I guess everyone's in their own world ie; XM, cellphone, CD... truckstops have become corporatized "just get yer fuel and a samich an scram" no more mom and popper's where you can sit down at the roundtable with the driver's and state troopers like we used to at the trail tree and catch up on the latest gossip from the community. Night shift worker have become a skeleton crew, man I can go on and on... Guy's that have been out here a while know. If it ain't a Petro, Pilot, Loves, FlyingJ IT'S Closed! I've worked both sides of the fence, 48 states truckload, flatbed, freight... and to put it blunt, no matter who your workin for in the freight biz, it sure as heck beats working 48 states askin for extra shower coupons over the CB, waiting to get loaded and unloaded on and on. I think guys that fight over bids might need a bit of a wake up call and if they get into physical altercations, should be fired and see what it's like workin where their gaurenteed home once every 3 weeks. We can all get spoiled very easily and I'm not saying I'm altogether innocent on that, but I stop and check my roots where I came from and what I have now before it gets out of control.
sorry for the ramble, but you make a good point!:1036316054:

I aint going anywhere ,got to much time in here. No company is going to do very well untill the economy gets right. Just glad i got a job, dont like to see any one loose there job. Good luck to all....

When ya stop and think, if there were an accident on these dangerous highways, we all know the right thing to do is help. My opinion is that folks that spend the time to keep everyone informed on this site are the greatest folks around. Times are tough and stress levels at an all time high in the twenty seven years of my driving experience never have I seen it so bad for morale out here. I guess everyone's in their own world ie; XM, cellphone, CD... truckstops have become corporatized "just get yer fuel and a samich an scram" no more mom and popper's where you can sit down at the roundtable with the driver's and state troopers like we used to at the trail tree and catch up on the latest gossip from the community. Night shift worker have become a skeleton crew, man I can go on and on... Guy's that have been out here a while know. If it ain't a Petro, Pilot, Loves, FlyingJ IT'S Closed! I've worked both sides of the fence, 48 states truckload, flatbed, freight... and to put it blunt, no matter who your workin for in the freight biz, it sure as heck beats working 48 states askin for extra shower coupons over the CB, waiting to get loaded and unloaded on and on. I think guys that fight over bids might need a bit of a wake up call and if they get into physical altercations, should be fired and see what it's like workin where their gaurenteed home once every 3 weeks. We can all get spoiled very easily and I'm not saying I'm altogether innocent on that, but I stop and check my roots where I came from and what I have now before it gets out of control.

Hello SS. I must give a hearty Amen to that...I must admit, like yourself, from time to time I have to think about those old days of staying gone and waiting forever for nothing to get loaded and unloaded.
I've got 25+yrs. out here myself and 10yrs. in LTL. with big E, Wish many times I had started off in LTL. but I thank God for the blessing of a good job now...:1036316054:

I know whats its like to read your company closed on this very board. I agree on everyone don't care about the other.
thats why i'm a big fan of the truckingboards chat line. i've had a cool time gettin to know a lot of yrcw employees. I've really come to like Elvis. a lot of guys bust up on Elvis but he really cares, maybe a smart a s s but he means well. I really think this chat line will help bring back some of the family, "brotherhood" feel back to us trucking board members anyway
a start is a start. on the darn phone all night anyway why not get to know other pepole.
How many times can you hear how hot your buddys high school girlfriend was anyhow. :hysterical: you guys be safe

Wow....4 days work in the last month...that's tough. I don't know much about "volume" drivers, we don't have any out of our barn and I'm not personally aquainted with any, but sounds like that division is really suffering right now. Tough deal driver, We will pray for you guys and hope things pick back up quick.....
"Volume" just means I don't have a p&d run but I do like the Home Depot stores, any truckload deliveries, stuff like that, usually w/ a 53' box. Then I'll do any big pickups they have, again truckloads, evening stuff. We have alot of big pickups in the evening that need half a trl or more. It's much less stressful than p&d but truthfully I would rather be back in linehaul. If you got a steady turn every night, and in your own bed every day, that's where it's at.