XPO | Was Mon. Meeting enough

Dodge Ram

TB Veteran
Credits
I don't think that The meeting on Monday was enough to stop the union like the Crystal Palace was hoping for. I seen it as a slap in the face like many others at our center. It was a joke and a waste of time.Use 60 hours of vacation time and take 40 hours. What the HELL is wrong with these people?

I don't think that The meeting on Monday was enough to stop the union like the Crystal Palace was hoping for. I seen it as a slap in the face like many others at our center. It was a joke and a waste of time.Use 60 hours of vacation time and take 40 hours. What the HELL is wrong with these people?
totally disconnected from the ground forces. Remember the last organization attempt? They completely ignored the issue. Doing the same thing now.

I agree, total joke. We still have terminals in our region, less than 70 miles from ours, in the same state, still making a lot more hourly than us.This is what they should have fixed, put everyone on the same pay scale everywhere. This is the kind of crap that gets unions started. This company doesnt get it. If this company can afford to give one man, who has cashed in over 35 million so far this year in his stock options, the money they do, they can afford to do more for us. The problem at Conway isnt the money, its the way they treat their employees. If they dont fix that, they wont stop the unionizing.

I agree, I don't think it is all about the money. A lot of it how we are treated, cameras, vacation pay, 401k and a lot of broken promises

sorry beer, the complaints are legitimate. They goofed big time. Twice.

They went from 47 pay scales down to 4..how does that mess anything up..some people got almost a 3$ raise..No change for you in the vacay, unless you want more...and no change for insurance...what did they mess up? you could give people a guaranteed pension, they would still complain. this puts a lot of runs in the 'for sure' 100k,(some were already).. I think it's great. quit compaining and whining all the time..(not you, everybody) geez..:crybaby:

How/Does this effect Con-way in Canada?
it doesn't. We got a slight increase, our vacation hasn't changed, they are changing it like yours to give people the option to take more time, but no one will. We don't get a straight 40 for vacation, they average our last 15 working days, so vacation is the same as a regular cheque.

I agree, I don't think it is all about the money. A lot of it how we are treated, cameras, vacation pay, 401k and a lot of broken promises

Everybody is complaining that they don't have what the guy in the next town has, it's all about the money. The other guy probably needs the money..****

They went from 47 pay scales down to 4..how does that mess anything up..some people got almost a 3$ raise..No change for you in the vacay, unless you want more...and no change for insurance...what did they mess up? you could give people a guaranteed pension, they would still complain. this puts a lot of runs in the 'for sure' 100k,(some were already).. I think it's great. quit compaining and whining all the time..(not you, everybody) geez..:crybaby:
they goofed from a PR perspective. Doesn't matter if they give us more, it's the "optics" ( their word) of this whole issue.

I did not hear about getting more vacation. What did I miss?
Also, they said my ins rate is going up a few dollars.

I did not hear about getting more vacation. What did I miss?
Also, they said my ins rate is going up a few dollars.
Said there would be no change or increase to next years insurance...believe me, if they had, you would hear it hers for sure.

This is the way I look at it; 1) they give the majority what they want. 2) they only give us what is good for them. 3) if they say it is for our good, it really is good for them. 4) I have lost way too much from them taking back, I will never be made whole. 5) so unless I get my vacations back and my full pension back, I am just here for the money and nothing less, no loyalty. Too many broken promises. So with that being said let's truck.

But, it is good to see that this thread was started by and contritubed to by employees...all the non-and ex-employees have been complaining about our raise. Refreshing.

The only thing the 60 hr vacay check really does is keep them from taking YOUR EARNED pto time in the event you actually bank the maximum. That shoulda been the policy all along to allow you to sell some time back if you wanted to.

I dont think it had anything to do with the union. I think it all has to do with hiring drivers and keeping the ones we have. In the past 3 months we have had 5 drivers go to O.D.