XPO | Washing Equipment And Taking Pride

This thread is such a laugh. Someone please tell me the last time a customer stuck there head out the door and bitched about how dirty the truck and trailer was?????? Now tell me the last time that same customer bitch about his freight being fu@ked up every which way from Sunday?
Taking pride yea right. Well taking pride starts with yourself. Do you look professional? Are you on the phone while making a delivery/pickup? Do you say thank you when making a pickup? Do you give a :::shit:::? Do you care about the customers freight? I would love to go to some of these lazy ass dockworks house and handle their personal stuff the same way the handle freight because they are to damm lazy to get there fat ass of the lift. Do you know what "DO NOT STACK" means? Do you know what those red thing in the trailers are? Do you know how to write-up equipment? Do you know how to clean up after yourself ie: take you tash out of the truck?
I could go on.
In my years I seen some really clean and shinny trucks and then the door opens. What steps out looks like a bum that slept in box during a rain storm in the mud. So yes clean trucks looks nice, but to the customer what comes out of the trailer is all they care about and who holds control of that?????
So yea this thread is a joke.. WAAAAAAA my trucks dirty but yet you look like :::shit:::, out of uniform, and talking to someone of the phone while at a customer.
Whoa!!!! You just posted in another thread to go somewhere else if you don't like it.

You have great points in this post. Instead of suggesting someone go elsewhere when you disagree maybe encourage communication. Customers in my neck of the woods DO complain about all of the Safe Stack bars being down and having to wait for the driver to push them up ( hoping they will stay ) Customers DO comment and notice the general slide downward in maintenance and washing of XPO trailers.

If there are no standards on appearance that's maintained for the drivers , the equipment , the facilities , and the dockworkers , what does that say about where the company is headed?

When you decide where to spend your money do you go for the clean , well-run business , or the dirty , barley getting by outfit. Appearance is VERY important to the job and the success of the business.

Which set do you think a D.O.T. officer is going to pull over? One that looks like it has poor maintenance ( dirty , old ) or a newer , clean set?

Upkeep and maintenance are necessary. Bypassing these things and trying to minimize how important these are to an asset heavy business ( like an LTL company ) is ridiculous.

XPO for the most part , doesn't do commercials. Word of mouth carries an impact that's everything in the LTL world. Having high standards implies a lot to a potential ( or current ) customer.

P.S. on the Old Dominion board , they have threads about 2019 tractors and XPO has this - what a contrast.

Whoa!!!! You just posted in another thread to go somewhere else if you don't like it.

You have great points in this post. Instead of suggesting someone go elsewhere when you disagree maybe encourage communication. Customers in my neck of the woods DO complain about all of the Safe Stack bars being down and having to wait for the driver to push them up ( hoping they will stay ) Customers DO comment and notice the general slide downward in maintenance and washing of XPO trailers.

If there are no standards on appearance that's maintained for the drivers , the equipment , the facilities , and the dockworkers , what does that say about where the company is headed?

When you decide where to spend your money do you go for the clean , well-run business , or the dirty , barley getting by outfit. Appearance is VERY important to the job and the success of the business.

Which set do you think a D.O.T. officer is going to pull over? One that looks like it has poor maintenance ( dirty , old ) or a newer , clean set?

Upkeep and maintenance are necessary. Bypassing these things and trying to minimize how important these are to an asset heavy business ( like an LTL company ) is ridiculous.

XPO for the most part , doesn't do commercials. Word of mouth carries an impact that's everything in the LTL world. Having high standards implies a lot to a potential ( or current ) customer.

P.S. on the Old Dominion board , they have threads about 2019 tractors and XPO has this - what a contrast.
Spot on with good points. It’s amazing how people make excuses for bad business practices ,it reminds me o how people defend the poor behavior of the current president. Jacobs and trump could do almost anything that would sink someone else yet they condone it. It would make for a good episode of the twilight zone.

I don't know why anybody is surprised at this. Jacobs made it known he only wanted Menlo, but he had to buy Conway to get it. His business model here in the US is asset light, it looks like that's the model he's following.

I know I have said it, but as far as I remember I have said it lately. Show me were.
Well if I was a shipper I would want a carrier that doesn't damage freight all the time.
I been DOT many time in dirty truck and nice clean with shinny wheels one to. When I do get inspected I like to chat them up a little. Being nice goes along way. The one question I have ask every time I can is, Why did you pick me? 90% of the time their answer you were number ? or I got done with one and you were the next one to come through.
Upkeep and maintenance are necessary.
and we are part of that maintenance. Ask your FOS, TM, regional manger, or even the VP why you don't have the tools and parts to replace the safe stack bars.
They also have on there Thread, Layoffs, and How Bad is OD Health Insurance

Spot on with good points. It’s amazing how people make excuses for bad business practices ,it reminds me o how people defend the poor behavior of the current president. Jacobs and trump could do almost anything that would sink someone else yet they condone it. It would make for a good episode of the twilight zone.
I sense a little TDS. Just remember that your state of PA has it lowest unemployment rate since 1976
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/04/19/pa-unemployment-rate-record-low

I have had many customers comment on the deteriorating condition of the equipment. They notice. The conversation always starts out the same way ... you guys used to have the nicest equipment..
which equipment???? You should have seen some of the junk that was in our yard when I started

I know I have said it, but as far as I remember I have said it lately. Show me were.

Well if I was a shipper I would want a carrier that doesn't damage freight all the time.

I been DOT many time in dirty truck and nice clean with shinny wheels one to. When I do get inspected I like to chat them up a little. Being nice goes along way. The one question I have ask every time I can is, Why did you pick me? 90% of the time their answer you were number ? or I got done with one and you were the next one to come through.

and we are part of that maintenance. Ask your FOS, TM, regional manger, or even the VP why you don't have the tools and parts to replace the safe stack bars.

They also have on there Thread, Layoffs, and How Bad is OD Health Insurance
I run I-380 in Pa. daily & have since April the weight station is open about 3 out of 5 days a week & many times their are one or two officers standing watching me drive by, knock on wood they never pulled me in. That being said our trucks are fairly new & maintained along with the trailer’s, the person who had the bid before me never had any problems either.... Coincidence or appearance you be the judge....

I run I-380 in Pa. daily & have since April the weight station is open about 3 out of 5 days a week & many times their are one or two officers standing watching me drive by, knock on wood they never pulled me in. That being said our trucks are fairly new & maintained along with the trailer’s, the person who had the bid before me never had any problems either.... Coincidence or appearance you be the judge....
You change your bid?

So their not washing equipment because they can’t afford it but all the top execs doubled their base salaries. I’m sorry but does that sound a little strange ?
Keeping equipment clean is a good investment from a marketing stand point and a maintenance perspective. So what gives why is this ? Buildings deteriorating , lots full off pot holes ect. Supposed to be the best economy so what gives ? Are they in this for the long haul or just short term gains ?
The only explanation that seem to be at the base of it is they want an extremely low o/r to market to prospective investors . It makes no sense to let things to deteriorate that it would be monumental cost to restore them . At some point this is going to catch up to them.

Last edited: