Yellow | Water Gap PA I-80--Firefighters put out Fire To YRC Semi's Dolly

Who got blessed with this latest piece of junk?

Hey Mitch! Why don't I see a memo about this crap? Hey! It's 15 years old and worn out but that's ok! But God forbid someone talks on a frekin phone!
What in the Hell is the matter with you leaders in K.C.?
Your damn CSA score is effected more by burning , Old, Worn out Junk then someone on a frekin phone!
And yes, I was being polite dammit!

Kudos to the Driver for saving the Tractor, lead trailer and kite. Quick and decisive action, by a YRCF Professional.
:guiness::shift:

I wonder what he would say if he had worked for Burgmeyer, Fowler & Williams, Wooleyhan, Inter-City, Perkins, Boss-Linco, AAA, Kitchell Exp., Moskowitz, and on and on.

Da same damn things I say now! The only difference between those out of business truck lines? DA PAINT! LOL!!!!!

Da same damn things I say now! The only difference between those out of business truck lines? DA PAINT! LOL!!!!!

My point is.............you have never seen or have driven real junk, my Brother. A wheel bearing or brake fire on one converter, out of thousands, doesn't constitute labeling the entire fleet as junk. There isn't any fleet of this size, in a slip seat operation with the amount of hard miles on it in any better shape. I salute and tip my hat to all the Garages and Mechanics in our System. They are truly under appreciated Heroes.
:guiness: :shift::usa2:

Problem with this company is instead of thanking the driver for saving everything they will try to find a way to blame the driver for the fire.

Kudos to the Driver for saving the Tractor, lead trailer and kite. Quick and decisive action, by a YRCF Professional.
:guiness::shift:

Anyone want to bet me they terminate him and make him fight to get his job back? "Guilty untill proven innocent" is all these heartless bastards know how to enforce. And they wonder why drivers are running for the exits.

My point is.............you have never seen or have driven real junk, my Brother. A wheel bearing or brake fire on one converter, out of thousands, doesn't constitute labeling the entire fleet as junk. There isn't any fleet of this size, in a slip seat operation with the amount of hard miles on it in any better shape. I salute and tip my hat to all the Garages and Mechanics in our System. They are truly under appreciated Heroes.
Yrcw's fleet is junk. This rolling garbage is a hazard to the motoring public. The neglect and lack of capex is what will kill the company in the end. Dont worry driver your warning letter for that dolly fire is already in the mail.

Al you may have known me for a long time but with all due respect you have no ideal what I drove, (tractor trailer or not) or for whome I drove before I started for this company. And while I can understand your position from the point of view of a road driver at a location with a major shop please remember not everyone is so blessed! This is not a reflection on anyone at the Shops rather another example of **** poor management! There is no other LTL company with a tractor fleet (Linehaul or P&D) as old as the one we have now. And remember P&D gets the leftovers. Either from Linehaul or units bought second hand. I see brand new unit at Mack Macungie for ABF, UPS, and UPS frt. Funny how I have not heard about or seen any new equiptment execpt for that token 50 unit order a year or two ago.
How many trailers get red tagged at the EOL's because of major problems? quite a lot.
So yes I will ***** about this issue. This company needs to either,

1. But new tractors and a couple thousand new trailers/dollies or,

2. Put some real money into the fleet!

Remember what Boobie told Brophey and Shaver at one of their little RA-RA meeting at R-64 years ago,
"I don't mind driving 15 year old iron, Just fix them and make damn sure their legal"!

Yrcw's fleet is junk. This rolling garbage is a hazard to the motoring public. The neglect and lack of capex is what will kill the company in the end. Dont worry driver your warning letter for that dolly fire is already in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Brother, Capital Expenditures aside, you, me or YRCW doesn't have any control over wheel bearings, apportioning valves, brake chambers, diaphragms or any part subject to mechanical failure. If man made it....it can fail. In a perfect World, YRCF would have 3,500 2015 Pete's for Linehaul and 55,000 new pups with 3,000 new converters. This is not a perfect World. We're doing the best we can, That Driver did his job well.
:cool::shift:

Al you may have known me for a long time but with all due respect you have no ideal what I drove, (tractor trailer or not) or for whome I drove before I started for this company. And while I can understand your position from the point of view of a road driver at a location with a major shop please remember not everyone is so blessed! This is not a reflection on anyone at the Shops rather another example of **** poor management! There is no other LTL company with a tractor fleet (Linehaul or P&D) as old as the one we have now. And remember P&D gets the leftovers. Either from Linehaul or units bought second hand. I see brand new unit at Mack Macungie for ABF, UPS, and UPS frt. Funny how I have not heard about or seen any new equiptment execpt for that token 50 unit order a year or two ago.
How many trailers get red tagged at the EOL's because of major problems? quite a lot.
So yes I will ***** about this issue. This company needs to either,

1. But new tractors and a couple thousand new trailers/dollies or,

2. Put some real money into the fleet!

Remember what Boobie told Brophey and Shaver at one of their little RA-RA meeting at R-64 years ago,
"I don't mind driving 15 year old iron, Just fix them and make damn sure their legal"!

They are legal and safe. I read the print outs on the board at R-70. 55 Driver log violations, 74 seat belt violations, the same for missing, broken or not secured safety equip. That's what drives up those scores, I follow units out the gate with no brake lights, no license plate lights, is this the fault of James and Jamie ? I never had D.O.T. say to me wow, this is really old equip. They say, good job Driver, and hand me back all my stuff.

You can't compare the capex spending of UPS, ABF with us, that's just ridiculous. You have an assigned tractor, and hook to the same pups line haul runs into 158. If you can't keep that tractor safe and legal, well, I can't help you.
ps. go over to UPS, they will put you to work a.s.a.p., that's right, $34+ per hr. at full rate, and they can't attract qualified employee's as well. must not be the equip.

They are legal and safe. I read the print outs on the board at R-70. 55 Driver log violations, 74 seat belt violations, the same for missing, broken or not secured safety equip. That's what drives up those scores, I follow units out the gate with no brake lights, no license plate lights, is this the fault of James and Jamie ? I never had D.O.T. say to me wow, this is really old equip. They say, good job Driver, and hand me back all my stuff.

You can't compare the capex spending of UPS, ABF with us, that's just ridiculous. You have an assigned tractor, and hook to the same pups line haul runs into 158. If you can't keep that tractor safe and legal, well, I can't help you.
ps. go over to UPS, they will put you to work a.s.a.p., that's right, $34+ per hr. at full rate, and they can't attract qualified employee's as well. must not be the equip.

I said nothing about my tractor Al, I make damn sure it is in good shape, And dead line it when it needs repaired! But how many times have I red tagged and back striped trailers (I run 53's not pups) that came from the breaks (135,123,211) with bad wheel seals, Air leaks, worn out brake linings? how many time have we caught management loading trailers that were tagged out of service? (The steward just had a greiavance meeting with labor on that). How many write ups get "Pencil wipped" at the break? (I know what the Boys at 123,211, 135, hell all over the damn country tell me!)
As for capex? I said there were 2 options, Put more money into the fleet or start buying new! To make money your first have to spend a little. There comes a point where you either have to replace or drop a large chunk of change into the fleet and in my view we are way past that. I' not talking about putting a metal plate over a hole in the floor, I'm talkiing about trailers so damn bad shippers refuesed to load into them! And when I see other Companies new power at Mack it pisses me off even more!
As for UPS? Why do you keep bring that up? I don't work for them. And just because I think someone is screwing up bad with the fleet doesn't mean I want to quit YRC. I'll leave that alone.
I work for a Company where something is very wrong with the Fleet! Do the Driver need to do their job (Pre and post trip) better? HELL YES! But Management can do a much better job keeping the fleet in good repair!
In any event I thought the "Magic Pencils" Issued by R-64 years ago no longer worked!!!! LOL!!!

I said nothing about my tractor Al, I make damn sure it is in good shape, And dead line it when it needs repaired! But how many times have I red tagged and back striped trailers (I run 53's not pups) that came from the breaks (135,123,211) with bad wheel seals, Air leaks, worn out brake linings? how many time have we caught management loading trailers that were tagged out of service? (The steward just had a greiavance meeting with labor on that). How many write ups get "Pencil wipped" at the break? (I know what the Boys at 123,211, 135, hell all over the damn country tell me!)
As for capex? I said there were 2 options, Put more money into the fleet or start buying new! To make money your first have to spend a little. There comes a point where you either have to replace or drop a large chunk of change into the fleet and in my view we are way past that. I' not talking about putting a metal plate over a hole in the floor, I'm talkiing about trailers so damn bad shippers refuesed to load into them! And when I see other Companies new power at Mack it pisses me off even more!
As for UPS? Why do you keep bring that up? I don't work for them. And just because I think someone is screwing up bad with the fleet doesn't mean I want to quit YRC. I'll leave that alone.
I work for a Company where something is very wrong with the Fleet! Do the Driver need to do their job (Pre and post trip) better? HELL YES! But Management can do a much better job keeping the fleet in good repair!
In any event I thought the "Magic Pencils" Issued by R-64 years ago no longer worked!!!! LOL!!!

Well, having never been inside of a trailer, in my REX/YRC employment, I'll have to take your word on the floors. I don't see leaking wheel seals and thin brake linings as you say. If your Road Driver's and ours run them into you, you should be able to did-i-bop around the Valley @ 40-50 mph.

I only mentioned UPS, because you seem very enamored about their new Macks at Macungie. Your commute, Pension and Local #773 would all remain the same, I see it as a win win for you, especially the Gigunta Pension contributions. Just trying to give you an option AJ, that's what a Brother does. I'm concerned by your postings, that you may me headed for the sixth floor @ Pocono, or a rubber truck. And please, the next time that you wave at me on US 22, use more than one finger, show me some Man Love.
:shift::hysterical:

I see a lot 135 trailers show up with expired/expiring FAI's that need brakes and tires, not to mention door repairs.....................