R&L | Wax Ring !!!!!!!

braceface

TB Regular
Credits
Yesterday a driver I know had a really rough day !!! While backing into a dock, he somehow got in crooked and he punctured his fuel tank on a guard rail that is there. Anyway, from what I was told, they tried desperatly to stop the fuel from flowing out of the tank.... They lost a lot of diesel that got out and went into a nearby stream. They finally got the leak stopped with a toilet bowl WAX RING......I am going to Home Depot and buy a wax ring and keep it in the truck.I hope he dosen't lose his job over this incident.

Not hiting anything will fix that problem..... Keep your driving record clean by getting out of the city...... With the kind of freight R&L loves to haul drivers will eventually tear something up going into all those crazy places:chairshot:

Not hiting anything will fix that problem..... Keep your driving record clean by getting out of the city...... With the kind of freight R&L loves to haul drivers will eventually tear something up going into all those crazy places:chairshot:
The only problem with that is many linehaul runs don't pay crap :hide:

Or ya get to spend about as much time waiting on your bills as ya do driving.

If I have to go somewhere and sit, I'd rather do it at a break terminal. At least at a terminal there is an acceptable reason for it, and everybody has to wait, as opposed to a relay where you're waiting for some reject coming from the other end and taking his sweet old time.

Well, in the past I always got out the gate on time or just a few minutes late.
However. that was with the old TM and O/B super, with these new idiots, it's not uncommon to sit around the break room for 2 hours waiting for them to get your set ready.
I got so bored the other day, I swept and mopped the break room just for something to do.
The person I really feel sorry for is my meet man, he doesn't work for idiots, therefor he's ready to go on time every day.

Maybe it'll get better soon, but I ain't holding my breath........:smilie_132:

However. that was with the old TM and O/B super, with these new idiots, it's not uncommon to sit around the break room for 2 hours waiting for them to get your set ready.
I got so bored the other day, I swept and mopped the break room just for something to do.
The person I really feel sorry for is my meet man, he doesn't work for idiots, therefor he's ready to go on time every day.

I've shoveled snow before while waiting....:hide::biglaugh:

Yesterday a driver I know had a really rough day !!! While backing into a dock, he somehow got in crooked and he punctured his fuel tank on a guard rail that is there. Anyway, from what I was told, they tried desperatly to stop the fuel from flowing out of the tank.... They lost a lot of diesel that got out and went into a nearby stream. They finally got the leak stopped with a toilet bowl WAX RING......I am going to Home Depot and buy a wax ring and keep it in the truck.I hope he dosen't lose his job over this incident.
Sounds like a regular McGyver! Gotta use whatever's handy especially when it comes to a fuel spill. I've been there myself... :1036316054:

Almost sounds like the terminal I meet with. Friday night my driver called off. They only called the extra guy at 11pm to come in for the run. The gate time is 10:30 for that end. I sat in an empty mall parking lot for a hour and a half in a snow storm waiting for someone to show up. When he got there, he said the guy that was going to run changed his mind at the last minute. The idiot O/B let him change runs after being dispatched on one. Good thing I didn't have any plans for Saturday.

Good tip there !! What do you do , just smear the wax on the crack or hole in the fuel tank?? Man, that could really come in handy in an emergency situation !:1036316054:

Good tip there !! What do you do , just smear the wax on the crack or hole in the fuel tank?? Man, that could really come in handy in an emergency situation !:1036316054:

I imagine that is what you do!! The wax ring was the only thing they found to stop the fuel flow. There was an enviormental company at the site the next day cleaning up the mess, haven't heard the status of the driver yet...