Central Transport | We are getting raises.

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
Our TM sent an email to our tabs that Dean Kuska sent system wide ....He stated the new owners have agreed to lift the pay freeze and implement a structured pay tier. Some terminals have gotten raises already. I can't believe no one has brought this up. It's for real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our TM sent an email to our tabs that Dean Kuska sent system wide ....He stated the new owners have agreed to lift the pay freeze and implement a structured pay tier. Some terminals have gotten raises already. I can't believe no one has brought this up. It's for real.

Wow Dean is still working there. He is a PJAX survivor.

Wow Dean is still working there. He is a PJAX survivor.
He is a survivor and he made it official today.....We have a new owner and he is coming off the cash....Believe it or not.......I'm sure that email will find it's way to the board very soon. The email stated he will make us competitive in pay with others in that particular region.

Announcement was made to make us competitive with the industry, nothing more!
Well considering we are way below the industry standard I would consider that good news. Especially for the new guys that have been stuck in a pay freeze for 5+ years.

Most are getting $1.80 per hour that have been at Vitran less than 7 years. Almost all terminals will be either closed or sold. But we all will be converted to CT. And combined into there terminals. That's what I hear from my uppers.

i got the paper, it says it's a raise for starting pay, then they'll look into other b.s, like dockworkers and they're working on pay tier structure. blah blah blah. what this basically means is they can't bring in any new hires cause it's crap pay. once thet get in a new wave of drivers, then they'll drop the bomb with tier wage and screw the seniors over, so when they leave vitran has a newbie ready to take over. i would expect max pay to be at $22 and o.t. to be at 55 hrs and a major overhaul on vac starting in 2014. 3 wks and 4 wks to take even longer to obtain. they'll bring everybody to top pay quick while making their money back on o.t.,ins and vac. this is only a passifier like keylon has done so many times before. and as far as kuska, they put him in another position in the company, he knows way too much and would be a thorn in their side if let go. sounds like the old pjax crew at c.t. is orchastrating putting him back to his old position and restoring power.

Top pay in Dallas is 21.25 but unless you are a senior guy you make the starting pay of 18.50 and we never pay overtime.......I don't see much happening to the top pay here. This will mainly affect the ones that have been stuck in the pay freeze for over 5 years. We have lost at least 20 drivers in the last year over this pay freeze...Way above the industry standard. Guess they are tired of training guys and them quitting after they realize they will never get a raise. I see this as a positive move because honestly folks this man could have left things the same and not changed a damn thing. The revolving door of drivers has been going on at CT for years about pay and he just chocked it up to the price of doing business....It's all in your attitude and perception I suppose. I personally see it as positive.

Top pay in Dallas is 21.25 but unless you are a senior guy you make the starting pay of 18.50 and we never pay overtime.......I don't see much happening to the top pay here. This will mainly affect the ones that have been stuck in the pay freeze for over 5 years. We have lost at least 20 drivers in the last year over this pay freeze...Way above the industry standard. Guess they are tired of training guys and them quitting after they realize they will never get a raise. I see this as a positive move because honestly folks this man could have left things the same and not changed a damn thing. The revolving door of drivers has been going on at CT for years about pay and he just chocked it up to the price of doing business....It's all in your attitude and perception I suppose. I personally see it as positive.

Sounds like Vitran.

IF you think ur GETTING A RAISE, do not believe it... I worked at Central for 6.5 years and then I got a NEW TM that came over from VITRAN and got TOTALLY SCREWED!!! If there was ANY advice I can give it would be GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!! DO NOT STAY AND BECOME A CTII DRIVER BECAUSE YOU WILL BE JUST A NUMBER AND THEY WILL TREAT YOU LIKE SHI@!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey i'll take a raise...
i'll believe it when i see it. all this talk, no action. vitran is about as bad as the government lol