FedEx Freight | We are moving a Center 40 feet

Rattlesnake

TB Lurker
Credits
Yes that's right. The Columbia Center in South Carolina is being moved 40 feet back from the interstate in order for an exit ramp to be built. I hope someone is getting some good pictures. I have only been in there once since the project has started. The CUB center is a straight building with the office in front and the dock straight behind it.The center has been lengthened in the rear by adding on more docks,and a new ramp has been bulit 40 feet back from the original one which will be removed,then the office area will be rebuilt in the area where the first section of dock is and then the current office in front will be torn down and then the employee parking will be relocated and then the service road moved 40 feet and then the state can build the off ramp. Or something like that. Maybe Pistol Pete can give us some info.

I know when they expanded the highway here in Overland Park, KS, they demolished about 50 homes during the process. The residents had no choice but to accept the city's (actually generous) offer because of eminent domain.

I'm sure that's probably something similar going on here.

roog