R&L | WE ARE NOW officialy GLOBAL

doubles drifter

TB Lurker
Credits
was told tuesday morning by sr. the flyers will come out very soon. more freight soon like we really need more. some of our terminals are overwhelmed now with freight. time to get these runs back together.

why do you think i am miserable? i am actually quite a happy person. did you not see the smileys were laughing?!

i heard it was a flyer with a picture of driver9 pointing out all the new services were going to be offering!!! sorry driver, some of your threads are setting you up!

I got that but how are we going to service that, by air or sea

By truck!! Trucks with really long snorkel hoses and drivers wearing scuba gear.

I know, I'm one of the trainers...:biglaugh:

On a serious note, I imagine it'll be both, some air freight, some container freight.

Id imagine too.The only thing I'm sure of is it will be more freight on our trucks that I'm not sure we can handle.

I asked Zimmerman in the first town hall meeting he had if there were plans to go after air freight with the economy slowing down. He said there were some plans for that and other things too. Air freight can be a $$ maker let the ground LTL pay the bills and air freight make the profit margin expand. At this point we are only going to be an indirect air carrier so we shouldn't have to do any additional TSA require saftey training or be made to keep padlocks on the trailers during our p&d routes

Asked my TM about the Global aspect and was told it wont be any extra freight on our trucks.It will be utilizing outside carriers already in the airfreight business.

Air,Ocean rail, expedited, white glove service. All this will not affect our operations. Will be done with the partner. With air they use couriers to bring freight to the airport and have relationships with the airlines for space to move the freight and have a courier on the other end delivering. Very profitable business!

:biglaugh:i wonder if anyone in management has realized "white glove " is a copyrighted trademark of fed ex for their most accomplished o/os. as in white glove division. i see a copyright infringrment suit coming.