R&L | We getting a raise???????

can someone explain this , when I was hired the TM said after 4-5 years i would be at max wage which currently is around 23 and half ish. When I asked for the actual sheet on that a last week he said ohh its only 23 if we hire a certain number of people behind you, if that dont happen the highest you can earn is 18 and half after 5 years. I never would have taken the job had he been up front with that slight over sight ;).

can someone explain this , when I was hired the TM said after 4-5 years i would be at max wage which currently is around 23 and half ish. When I asked for the actual sheet on that a last week he said ohh its only 23 if we hire a certain number of people behind you, if that dont happen the highest you can earn is 18 and half after 5 years. I never would have taken the job had he been up front with that slight over sight ;).

You are a combo driver I take it? I'm guessing the higher rate is if you make a regular city bid but I dont know half the crap this company pulls anymore. Good luck is about all I can really say.

wow, this is news to me. i am at a big terminal in a busy area, so im assuming thats why ive never heard of this. wtf kind of sense does that make? with policies like that, what quality of driver do you think you are going to get to move your freight? 5 dollars an hour difference based on how many guys are hired behind you? how about understanding that even though "YOU HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN HERE", how about understanding you have men and women who work here because they have to feed their families and pay bills. i mean you cant just throw a 5 dollar an hour difference aside and tell somebody 'oh well thats policy'.
come on. i really believe this company really cared for and appreciated all of its employees at one time. i dont know what the heck happened, but THAT mentality went away a few years ago, and im not sure its ever coming back when you hear about policies like that.
and please dont tell me this is how another company does things, or another company has done this in the past. we are supposed to be different. isnt that what we have all been told since we were hired? can we stop thinking along the same lines, and making the same mistakes other companies have made?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,has anyone other than me noticed that "Pride in our people, Pride in our performance" has been practically erased for the company.You don't see it anywhere anymore. And why would you when you have no respect for your employees anymore then you by default have no pride in them either.

Well we kept our raises at YRC, our vacations, sick days and rovers. The only thing that happened besides the % is our pension took a cut. Just wanted to clear the air on all the YRC rumors. oh and they have to pay our pension back in June also.

Well we kept our raises at YRC, our vacations, sick days and rovers. The only thing that happened besides the % is our pension took a cut. Just wanted to clear the air on all the YRC rumors. oh and they have to pay our pension back in June also.

is this post serious?
who asked you, and who said anything about yrc? didnt you guys just lose a weeks vaca? and the 15% they took from you guys in pay?and terminals are being closed, and from how that letter was written, it seems like more layoffs are to come.
i DO NOT want yrc to go away, or for anymore guys to get jerked around by the idiots that are running that company. but please, dont tell us all is well over there, and make it like we are in trouble, especially since NOBODY here was saying ANYHTING about yrc.
if this is a serious post, what is your problem? r&l, and its drivers especially, have nothing to do with is happening over there.
im totally baffled why you felt the need to post this horse crap here.

Last edited by a moderator:
If no I wonder why

The barn I work at is hauling so much freight we are not able on someday's to get it all. We have drivers pulling two long boxes a day. One Long box may have four bulk stops. The second is loaded to the door with 14+ stops. We cut freight because we don't have the drivers to move all the freight. I run out full and return full. Doing about 9-10 hrs everyday. If R+L is moving as much freight at all the barns. Then why are we not getting one?

The barn I work at is hauling so much freight we are.. Doing about 9-10 hrs everyday...

Since when did they start hiring part time city drivers? If I could work under 10 a day in the city, I would get off of linehaul for good.

. If R+L is moving as much freight at all the barns. Then why are we not getting one?

Because as long as we're willing to do the work for our present pay and
they have stacks of apps to replace those who won't, they don't have to raise our pay.

Our drivers are swamped in freight here too, My L/H run is running heavy both ways everday,
guys are running on the weekends with extra runs, but I doubt if we see a raise....