ABF | We should be making 28.40 by now

This is from a dc velocity article in may of 2018....
Paff said it was no surprise that workers in upstate New York, Philadelphia, New England, and the Pittsburgh-Erie, Pa., areas overwhelmingly rejected their respective supplemental agreements that accompany the national contract. All supplements must be ratified for the national contract to take effect.

I remember we met on it, just dont remember the details. Our vote for philly, Chester and Vince town is at 9 this morn. Maybe, that ll be brought up. Good luck to all, especially the yellow guys! Please vote!!

Come on Blade you are smarter than that.....you have some Yellow guys saying "Shut it down" and some Yellow guys saying "lets try to keep it going".... you have some ABF guys saying "Best contract ever" and some guys saying it "should be a bit more".....whatever the outcome for either company you will have some that like the proposals and some that don't....but you can be assured about one thing, that no matter what happens everyone will tell you they voted No....

:lmao: :438: :lmao:
I've always voted NO on the first offer, what do you have to lose?
There's no danger of a strike here.

You have missed a lot. Your estimated $2.25 per hour first year raise was off by $1.25. You told me to let you know if you were wrong. “YOU WERE WRONG”!!!
It may be time to take your crystal ball to Safe-Lite for repairs because it obviously has a crack in it. Wouldn’t want any of that “Omniscient” fluid to leak out and stain the carpet!!!

I was wrong.
I cannot believe ABF caved. It makes no sense unless they are trying to put Yellow out of business. A strike at ABF could have moved a lot of freight to Yellow. Possibly a bit of collusion between the IBT and ABF to finish off Yellow.

I was wrong.
I cannot believe ABF caved. It makes no sense unless they are trying to put Yellow out of business. A strike at ABF could have moved a lot of freight to Yellow. Possibly a bit of collusion between the IBT and ABF to finish off Yellow.
Ok, now you are talking in circles. I have seen many of your posts stating that the IBT wants to keep the 22,000 Yellow members in business because of the Union dues they get from them. And now you’re saying there is possible “collusion between the IBT and ABF to finish off Yellow”.
Rather than repairing that crystal ball, it may be time for a new one!!!

Ok, now you are talking in circles. I have seen many of your posts stating that the IBT wants to keep the 22,000 Yellow members in business because of the Union dues they get from them. And now you’re saying there is possible “collusion between the IBT and ABF to finish off Yellow”.
Rather than repairing that crystal ball, it may be time for a new one!!!

Unlike most others here, I process new information as it becomes available.
It now seems obvious that the IBT has no interest in seeing Yellow survive. Yellow is an embarrassment to the union. Nonunion carriers are not supposed to offer better compensation and job security than the mighty Teamsters. The IBT will not strike if Yellow stops paying into H&W and pensions because they don't want the blame for Yellow's demise. They are more than willing to let Yellow default on loans and run out of money. In six months, the finger pointing will stop, and the union can brag about the great job they did for ABF, TForce and UPS.

Unlike most others here, I process new information as it becomes available.
It now seems obvious that the IBT has no interest in seeing Yellow survive. Yellow is an embarrassment to the union. Nonunion carriers are not supposed to offer better compensation and job security than the mighty Teamsters. The IBT will not strike if Yellow stops paying into H&W and pensions because they don't want the blame for Yellow's demise. They are more than willing to let Yellow default on loans and run out of money. In six months, the finger pointing will stop, and the union can brag about the great job they did for ABF, TForce and UPS.
Yellow is not an embarrassment to the IBT nor are they an embarrassment to anyone else. They are merely the victims of an overzealous leader (Zollars) to rid the freight industry of the Teamsters. I wonder how all of these freight companies (Roadway, Holland, New Penn, Reddaway, and Yellow) would be doing today if not for Zollars desires. I would bet at least three of those five would still be in great shape with no concessions and possibly all five of them!!!

Yellow is not an embarrassment to the IBT nor are they an embarrassment to anyone else. They are merely the victims of an overzealous leader (Zollars) to rid the freight industry of the Teamsters. I wonder how all of these freight companies (Roadway, Holland, New Penn, Reddaway, and Yellow) would be doing today if not for Zollars desires. I would bet at least three of those five would still be in great shape with no concessions and possibly all five of them!!!
Did Zollars also put the other 1,000 or so union companies out of business?

That was started well before Zollars stint at Yellow (1999-2011). Brought to you by the U.S. government.
Do you really want to go back and forth about deregulation again?
Would it not be easier for each of us to just slam our boys in a car door?
:chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:
I know you believe government control of industry is a good thing.

I know you believe government control of industry is a good thing.
Never said that. But, when government does deregulate, they should make the playing field fair for everyone.
If you were so against this system, then why did you spend 30-years in it?
Six years of which was under regulation?
Say‘s a lot about your character, doesn’t it!!!
:17113::17113::17113:

Never said that. But, when government does deregulate, they should make the playing field fair for everyone.
If you were so against this system, then why did you spend 30-years in it?
Six years of which was under regulation?
Say‘s a lot about your character, doesn’t it!!!
:17113::17113::17113:

Deregulation is the ultimate even playing field. Everyone if free to offer transportation services in a free market.
What is fair about limiting access and setting prices essentially making competition illegal?
What is fair about trip leasing, forcing an owner operator to pay ABF just for the privilege of driving on a public highway?
I guess your definition of everyone is different from mine.

Deregulation is the ultimate even playing field. Everyone if free to offer transportation services in a free market.
What is fair about limiting access and setting prices essentially making competition illegal?
What is fair about trip leasing, forcing an owner operator to pay ABF just for the privilege of driving on a public highway?
I guess your definition of everyone is different from mine.
Again, if you dis-liked the system, then why did you participate in it for 30-years. It’s not a difficult question. But I can see where it would be difficult for you to answer!!!

Again, if you dis-liked the system, then why did you participate in it for 30-years. It’s not a difficult question. But I can see where it would be difficult for you to answer!!!

it's not difficult at all. For the entire 30 years, I continued to earn more money than my education and work history would demand. My union labor was overpriced, and my company went out of business. Even starting at 70% with Yellow, I was paid more than my resume would require. My only work experience was in in trucking and as a platoon leader. I challenge the current Yellow employees to send out resumes demanding the current pay scale, paid sick days and free insurance based on their experience in the trucking industry. The CDL drivers with good driving records will fare better than the unskilled dock only workers.

Yellow is indeed an embarrassment to the union. The union has no power over a company on the brink of bankruptcy. The Teamsters are now impotent. The union has one weapon to force employers to meet their demands, extortion. We will strike and cost you millions in revenue and lost business if you don't bow down to our demands. That is a meaningless threat to a company like Yellow. If Yellow meets the IBT demands, they will be out of business in a year. If they don't, the union can put them and their employees out of business in a month. The union has no good options. They can negotiate what the members call a substandard contract or put Yellow out of business and 30,000 families out of work.

Yellow is indeed an embarrassment to the union. The union has no power over a company on the brink of bankruptcy. The Teamsters are now impotent. The union has one weapon to force employers to meet their demands, extortion. We will strike and cost you millions in revenue and lost business if you don't bow down to our demands. That is a meaningless threat to a company like Yellow. If Yellow meets the IBT demands, they will be out of business in a year. If they don't, the union can put them and their employees out of business in a month. The union has no good options. They can negotiate what the members call a substandard contract or put Yellow out of business and 30,000 families out of work.
Keep drawing that Teamster pension and biting the very hand that feeds you. You disgust me talking about the Teamsters that way. It’s one thing for a non-union worker to talk down about a union if they have never been educated about it. But you draw a 30 year pension from the Teamsters and you talk about them like that?
SHAME ON YOU HYPOCRITE!!!

Keep drawing that Teamster pension and biting the very hand that feeds you. You disgust me talking about the Teamsters that way. It’s one thing for a non-union worker to talk down about a union if they have never been educated about it. But you draw a 30 year pension from the Teamsters and you talk about them like that?
SHAME ON YOU HYPOCRITE!!!
No, I draw pension annuity payments from 2 independent pensions funds that received premium payments from my employer. The Teamsters pay me nothing. I may disgust you, but you did not dispute a single point I made.
There is no union bashing in my post, #34. Just a simple statement of fact. Yellow is on the verge of bankruptcy and that leaves the union powerless to force an ABF type contract on them. The union can't enforce the current contract without putting 22,000 members out of work. Will the union strike when Yellow stops making H&W payments? I think not. The IBT will not negotiate letting Yellow die a natural death. O'Brien will do nothing to force Yellow into bankruptcy. He is a politician and will blame Yellow management and take no responsibility for the loss of income to 30,000 families.

(1)No, I draw pension annuity payments from 2 independent pensions funds that received premium payments from my employer. The Teamsters pay me nothing.
(2)There is no union bashing in my post, #34. Just a simple statement of fact.
(1) Do you not draw a pension(s) from what was negotiated by the Teamsters on your behalf? If so, then the Teamsters are the reason you have those pensions.
(2) You called the Teamsters negotiating methods “Extortion” giving the perception to others that their negotiating tactics are criminal in nature.
You and I both know that extortion is defined as negotiating, but we both also know that the word “Extortion“ generally is considered to be criminal by most peoples standards. Would it not have been better to say “Negotiating”?
That is why I claimed your comments were union bashing, because in my opinion, your intent was to give the perception of criminal activity.

And, exactly how is Yellow an embarrassment to the Teamsters?
The Teamsters did not cause the current condition that Yellow is in. But, management of Yellow did cause their current condition.
Also, in post #33, your response to my question about why you continued working for thirty years in a system you disagreed with was basically because of the pay. So are you basically admitting that your soul and values are for sell to the highest bidder?
Again, that speaks volumes about your character!!!

(1) Do you not draw a pension(s) from what was negotiated by the Teamsters on your behalf? If so, then the Teamsters are the reason you have those pensions.
(2) You called the Teamsters negotiating methods “Extortion” giving the perception to others that their negotiating tactics are criminal in nature.
You and I both know that extortion is defined as negotiating, but we both also know that the word “Extortion“ generally is considered to be criminal by most peoples standards. Would it not have been better to say “Negotiating”?
That is why I claimed your comments were union bashing, because in my opinion, your intent was to give the perception of criminal activity.

And, exactly how is Yellow an embarrassment to the Teamsters?
The Teamsters did not cause the current condition that Yellow is in. But, management of Yellow did cause their current condition.
Also, in post #33, your response to my question about why you continued working for thirty years in a system you disagreed with was basically because of the pay. So are you basically admitting that your soul and values are for sell to the highest bidder?
Again, that speaks volumes about your character!!!
My work ethic and skillset are/were for sale to the highest bidder.