Weekend work? How does it work at your barn?

shabo

TB Lurker
Credits
Is weekend work seperate for p&d, and linehaul? Or should there be one sign up sheet for everyone, or seperate sign up sheets for each? :shift:

first of all ..hours of service always prevail, but since there are 3 seperate bids, p&d dock and l/h..it would specify who the target group was...normally if it was sat l/h..a sign up sheet would be in dispatch...usually the l/h guys are already hooked up with joe in l/h already and know about weekend work

In our barn p&d weekend work is set up by mid-day Friday by dispatch, line-haul work seems to be easier by calling line-haul and letting them know you are available. Dock work is uslly set up on Friday also.

Shabo, read the letter of understanding attached to your contract. you guys have a different set up with than the rest of the company.

special,nope...your union,....sorry.."mike's union" made it so each terminal individually negotiates their contract...consider your terminal like a franchise of mikes..u get a perk here or there , but the "puppet master" controls your every move....ask ur BA about wages and raises..each terminal is probably different....seems one BA stopped posting to the masses......i'm curious to here why the BIG changes in october havent come to fruition..oh, yea.more layoffs happened on friday...... and lost another major acct...more terminals merging/closing...

Cinci drivers expressed concern about hoarding of weekend work. Your stewards fought for the system that's in place in cinci so that everyone who wanted to work on weekends would have a chance to do so, instead of the top 2 or 3 men getting all the extra work and money.

Let's say that this winter when there is work and it is snowing and blowing, and no one wants to run. I guess they'll start at the bottom of the list and force city drivers to run linehaul since the list is together in cincy instead of seperate. The last two guys that were hired work p&d, and central dispatch will work their way up from there, Right? Or are they only fair weather drivers? And linehaul will only be forced to work!!!:shift:

If no one or not enough guys sign up, they force from the bottom up on the Linehaul board, based on HOS availability. Any city work would be forced from the bottom up on the city board.

If that's the case should'nt linehaul come first when there is only linehaul work available? Now, when everybody wants it.

If that's the case should'nt linehaul come first when there is only linehaul work available? Now, when everybody wants it.

yes, but I don't remember is that system your guys wanted included both boards or not. I was there when it was wrote, but it didn't effect me so I wasn't paying much attention for those discussions. I'd have to see the side letter of your contract to know how it should be done.