XPO | weekend work

To the best of my knowledge, they will ask for volunteers and choose from the top down. If they don't get enough they will force from the bottom up.

Last Saturday my husband was told that he was to break freight and wait on a customer to come get their freight. After he'd just gotten off a 14 hour run.

Last Saturday my husband was told that he was to break freight and wait on a customer to come get their freight. After he'd just gotten off a 14 hour run.

Trsut me, I run L/H as weel, and that suks....but technically that isnt his "Saturday". He is still on his Friday shift. We typically run a 14-16hr Fri run and to be asked to break freight after that is just plain retarded. But I think the original poster was asking a more city based M-F question and then coming on a a SAt. That would be like your man coming in on Sun.

Does that make any sense?:hide:

Yes, I know what you are saying. I was stating that they will make you work when they want to no matter what time/day/whatever. And sometimes you are volunteered without being asked!

But sometimes it's hard to convey message through words only :1036316054:

Oh and come out from under that chair,the iron skillet is in the kitchen. For now :biglaugh:

Trsut me, I run L/H as weel, and that suks....but technically that isnt his "Saturday". He is still on his Friday shift. We typically run a 14-16hr Fri run and to be asked to break freight after that is just plain retarded. But I think the original poster was asking a more city based M-F question and then coming on a a SAt. That would be like your man coming in on Sun.

Does that make any sense?:hide:

We are a Monday through Friday operation. I haven't worked on Saturday in years.

Bite your tongue...last winter we had to run LH on saturday morning...instead of friday night, we did it on sat morning...it was due to a snow storm...it was a beautiful thing seeing all my colleagues on a bright and cheerful sat morning into saturday afternoon...

as a norm though, you are correct no sat/sun..

heard a rumor in shreveport that they (management) wants to go an 80hr work week. they want us to start working saturdays and have a nightime linehaul runs also. just a rumor i heard last night in sheveport

Are the H.O.S. rules there substantially different than the rest of the country? Only asking because where I work, that would be illegal.:shrug:

Are the H.O.S. rules there substantially different than the rest of the country? Only asking because where I work, that would be illegal.:shrug:

HOS is a federal law...no i suppose in the deepest backwoods of our country...the places where DOT doesnt know exist...that could be possible....

Bite your tongue...last winter we had to run LH on saturday morning...instead of friday night, we did it on sat morning...it was due to a snow storm...it was a beautiful thing seeing all my colleagues on a bright and cheerful sat morning into saturday afternoon...

as a norm though, you are correct no sat/sun..
The key word in my post was "I". I, the city driver haven't worked Saturday or Sunday in years. Linehaul does spill over into the weekend and there are always extra runs on Saturday(especially in the Summer-time). Linehaul is good money but too much work for me.

what are you kidding,your guy at a small term or what i run linehaul and never been asked to or ever heard of someone being told that after running all night or did your husband vol. to do this for extra cash

no dock guys to force to work on sat

heard a rumor in shreveport that they (management) wants to go an 80hr work week. they want us to start working saturdays and have a nightime linehaul runs also. just a rumor i heard last night in sheveport
80 hrs, work week is only on a 60 or 70 hour clock

No dockworkers, only the drivers and FOS. Only 3 l/h runs per night, most times. And he was told to do this,did NOT volunteer. I got to hear the $%@!# from it.

what are you kidding,your guy at a small term or what i run linehaul and never been asked to or ever heard of someone being told that after running all night or did your husband vol. to do this for extra cash

no dock guys to force to work on sat

No dockworkers, only the drivers and FOS. Only 3 l/h runs per night, most times. And he was told to do this,did NOT volunteer. I got to hear the $%@!# from it.
ONLY 3 RUNS A NIGHT??:shock:
I have a feeling this terminal HAS to do strange stuff to serve their customers. This is clearly not how 99% of the terminals are run.

I have a feeling this terminal HAS to do strange stuff to serve their customers. This is clearly not how 99% of the terminals are run.
nighttime line drivers are EXPECTED to work when they return on Saturday A.M. Mainly just cleaning up from the party on the patio.:hysterical:

then i guess you guys are a rural term i have heard about them they say the 3 or four guys they got working for them do everything dock, city, linehaul hope they all share the load

To the best of my knowledge, they will ask for volunteers and choose from the top down. If they don't get enough they will force from the bottom up.

This is how it works at my terminal. Usually someone in the city will take any Saturday line haul when available. I take them when I can but it normally does not make it down to me. We also have a Tues-Sat bid that starts at 1:00am and ends at 9:30am. This bid has eliminated the need for line drivers to make yard moves on Saturday mornings. It has also, to a degree, kept flex drivers from being forced into Saturday work.

Here now! :chairshot::biglaugh: Some of the other l/h comes through and picks up some freight. There were more l/h runs but the TM decided to do away with them for some reason :hide: I think there are 10 drivers, haven't counted lately, had a few quit.