XPO | Weight and Inspection

From what is being said that they are hiring something like 150 inspectors company wide. The rumor about it is tho that if a person with more seniority then the current inspector gets hired that new inspector gets first choice in shifts. Last time I checked if you enter into a new job catagory such as a csr or driver u got to the bottom correct? The only good about the job is that they make more then are so called FOS's. Prolly by quite a bit more than people think. Only at this great company could something this screwed up be thought up by our great leadership team. I hope all the drivers that read this that had to go to the bottom of the board because they moved from a different position raise hell about it.

[quote author=smooth_operator link=topic=81923.msg852788#msg852788 date=1280460261]
From what is being said that they are hiring something like 150 inspectors company wide. TRUE The rumor about it is tho that if a person with more seniority then the current inspector gets hired that new inspector gets first choice in shifts. No such thing has been told to our inspector. Last time I checked if you enter into a new job catagory such as a csr or driver u got to the bottom correct? The only good about the job is that they make more then are so called FOS's. NOT TRUE. About same, or a little less. Inspectors have been hourly since January. It's no secret what they make. Ask one. Prolly by quite a bit more than people think. Only at this great company could something this screwed up be thought up by our great leadership team. I hope all the drivers that read this that had to go to the bottom of the board because they moved from a different position raise hell about it.
[/quote]

See my comments, inserted above in red.

[quote author=smooth_operator link=topic=81923.msg852788#msg852788 date=1280460261]
From what is being said that they are hiring something like 150 inspectors company wide. The rumor about it is tho that if a person with more seniority then the current inspector gets hired that new inspector gets first choice in shifts. Last time I checked if you enter into a new job catagory such as a csr or driver u got to the bottom correct? The only good about the job is that they make more then are so called FOS's. Prolly by quite a bit more than people think. Only at this great company could something this screwed up be thought up by our great leadership team. I hope all the drivers that read this that had to go to the bottom of the board because they moved from a different position raise hell about it.
[/quote]

If an inspector is good at what he does and has the experience to back it up current inspectors don't have anything to worry about as far as the shift the new guy would select.

The inspector with years of experience will chose to work the hours with the best potential for corrections. When I was working at Con-Way I worked the FAC. Lots of corrections on that shift.