ODFL | West Covina I-10 Accident

According to safety, driving facing cams won't happen. We are paid good money to be professionals. Think we just need to calm down and truck on.

According to safety, driving facing cams won't happen. We are paid good money to be professionals. Think we just need to calm down and truck on.

Yeah they use to say that but not recently,, these accidents costing od big money and there’s not many professionals working here. Swift od ltl

This one is awful, have to assume he didn't have that collision avoidance system that they are touting has our accident numbers way down.

The CMS we use isn't great. In fact, it may be a cheap version. I'm use to the bendix system which has never given me trouble other than faulting which just disables it. The new wingman system picks up speed signs and will throttle you down if you're exceeding speed. I'd imagine if OD cared that much they would use that system more. Our current system is a liability in my opinion. Several drivers have said it picks up objects and stab brakes them. My truck has been in and out of the shop for CMS work because it faults.

Call us OD swift all you want but the roads at large are just crazy. I routinely encounter other CDL drivers that are unsafe. Today I picked a wide lane to turn to keep my rear from tracking into the other lane. Another truck came up my inside and attempted to turn wide as well, but then cut over 3 lanes to do a left. I had my signal on and everything. I was also recently clipped by a driver who hit my mirror. Reasons why I use my own road cam now.

Did the OD driver have a medical emergency or mechanical failure? I just wonder because the other vehicles managed to stop and the OD driver didn’t. His set wasn’t flipped or at a weird angle which makes me wonder if he hit his brakes at all.

Did the OD driver have a medical emergency or mechanical failure? I just wonder because the other vehicles managed to stop and the OD driver didn’t. His set wasn’t flipped or at a weird angle which makes me wonder if he hit his brakes at all.
I was wondering the same thing. It looks like a full force straight on hit. Does anyone have any updates on this driver?