TForce | What happened to start time in the city??

and what words of wisdom or information have you gotten out on the web? You know as much as anyone else about what is going to happen if it is any indication of what is happening now better look for a real job.

Well.....we could start with getting the pictures of the new UPGF equipment before they came out.....then knowing that FedEx Freight was buying Watkins.....

everybody know fedex was buying watkins so what...it just shows that fedex is on the fast track and upsf is still trying to figure out what paint scheme to paint the international trucks....Smith at fedex has a vision a real vision not like (leo) vision but he puts his money where his money is....look at the junk were driving and the terminals we have to work out....there's your vision.

Heres a personal letter from me to you webidiot.

Dear Sir,
I'm telling you webidiot,your posts seem so sad.
How many truckers out of work would just love to change places with you?
You always sound so down,and out?
You must have things you are thankful for?
Most people can find somethings that are ok in their life.

I don't believe you are the idiot you call your self.
When I read your posts I see that if you redirected your hate of our company you'd feel a whole lot better.
Trust me on this.
I've been turning the wheel,shifting the gears,delivering freight for going on 44 years now.
Over the years I've found some good in almost everyone I had deallings with,except for a very rare few that I just got my business done,and beat feet A.S.A.P.

Why not take a seat ,kick back and think of all the good things you've got going on thats good in your life.
I'm sure you'll feel much better,Your co-worker Apostolic

take a joke ok ?

everybody know fedex was buying watkins so what...it just shows that fedex is on the fast track and upsf is still trying to figure out what paint scheme to paint the international trucks....Smith at fedex has a vision a real vision not like (leo) vision but he puts his money where his money is....look at the junk were driving and the terminals we have to work out....there's your vision.

Isn't there enough free p*on on the wev to help you ease this frustration ?:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

and what words of wisdom or information have you gotten out on the web? You know as much as anyone else about what is going to happen if it is any indication of what is happening now better look for a real job.

Webidiot if you don't find any info or that these boards don't serve a purpose. Why do you still come here and post? Your post don't have any substance and they certainly don't have any informational purpose.

webidiot is not a name I use to belittle myself, I can assure you that I am not an idiot. I chose that name in the infancy of the internet because I was indeed an idiot when using the net. I am not sad and I am thankful for what I have and I can thank Motor Cargo. I have hatred for overnite for what they have done to us in Reno and ups continues to let them do these things to us. You have no idea so until you have worked in our terminal then you can criticize us for our hatred. Have a nice day.

webidiot is not a name I use to belittle myself, I can assure you that I am not an idiot. I chose that name in the infancy of the internet because I was indeed an idiot when using the net. I am not sad and I am thankful for what I have and I can thank Motor Cargo. I have hatred for overnite for what they have done to us in Reno and ups continues to let them do these things to us. You have no idea so until you have worked in our terminal then you can criticize us for our hatred. Have a nice day.

Webidiot...you can thank MotorCargo for your current situation,as they were the ones who agreed to sell to Overnite ! So when you are b****ing about Big "0",b**** to the Motor Cargo board of directors....ask them to give back the $80 million dollars they put in thier pockets.It sure as heck wasn't a leverage buyout! The rank and file at overnite were just as suprised as anyone when we bought M/C ! None the less...I feel your pain...I don't like the way UPS has raised my insurance costs over 100% of what they were six years ago. Not to mention they took the cash match away and gave us stock instead. Not to mention I used to be able to borrow off of my 401k...not no more...That's my money not UPS' money. The raise they just gave us....was a loss,not a raise. I have less money in my pocket now than when UPS bought overnite/motor cargo. Not to mention that most of my mgmt. has now been to UPS training on how to hate on your emplyees !

UNION YES
UNION NOW

mr. breeze said,

Not to mention that most of my mgmt. has now been to UPS training on how to hate on your emplyees !

When did your managers,supervisors have to go through the UPS training and how have they changed? I have heard that this training changes them for the worse.

Equalizer

mr. breeze said,

When did your managers,supervisors have to go through the UPS training and how have they changed? I have heard that this training changes them for the worse.

Equalizer

Well first of all it does, the system in which #'s are created now is based on MGR. creativity, then they are put into a % catagory.

The first top 25% of our terminals HOORAY we are earning a ton of money.You will be left alone.
The other 50% ither has potential or not but must maintain profit. We will work with them.
The remainding 25% you either find profit or the front door. You will be ridden.

This in itself is a motivational tool ,,if you perform ,good!! if not you are out.

There has to this point been no schooling that I am aware of. If there is any schooling at all it is for the sales staff of both entaties. Small package and freight.

Of coarse there is several other things involved but this is a lames way of explaining the root of what could be our problems.

Sorry to say,I think my terminal might be in the last catagory?
We've lost a lot of manufacturing in our area due to our biggest company Kodak dowsizing.
They farmed a lot of their small work out to local companies.
Who have all suffered because Kodak is half the size they used to be.

I know my TM is always talking about our terminals numbers.

The corperate sets operating goals that are very hard to reach.
Some months the goal is impossible to make.

I've always thought it odd the way Overnite,now UPS Freight runs their operation.
Its like all their terminals are independents,the way so much is charged to each terminal for everything.

Now this is the wierdest thing in my mind.
Say the origin terminal jams some skid on the tail of an outbound load,crushing its contents so they can get the door shut.
It arrives at the destination terminal trashed,and is a claim againest UPS freight.
Well just because this shippment was bound for the destination.
Both terminals have to share the cost of the claim.
Is that lame,or what?
The total charge should go to the terminal that trashed the freight to start with.
Mighty strange way of doing things if you ask me.

Mr. Breeze, let me set you straight as to the acquistion of Motor Cargo. Overnite did not buy Motor Cargo they had not the ability or the good sense to do that. Motor Cargo was sold to the union pacific railroad and Hal T the owner received 80 million dollars in railroad stock. The company was ran seperate from Overnite also a upr company. After the railroad got tired of funding the 60 million dollars a year into the underfunded overnite pension plan it sold the two companies as an ipo on the open market...Stupid investors then bought the worthless stock and the railroad are still dancing and rejoicing to this day. I think overnite should refund the price of the stock they sold to the unsuspecting public...if ups had not come along when they did we would all have gone the way of cf, nw, garrett and on and on...thank your lucky stars for deep pockets....As a regional carrier we had many million dollars day which overnite did not mind spending to sustain it numbers which we know are in the toilet.....102 operating ratio now who's fault is that? Yours or mine?
I think not.....And please be advised that there is only one union terminal at upsfreight and it is in Reno, NV not Indy and we are the only and first union terminal and will continue to be....that
I am sure will be a trivia question at your next upsf xmas party....

Mr. Breeze, let me set you straight as to the acquistion of Motor Cargo. Overnite did not buy Motor Cargo they had not the ability or the good sense to do that. Motor Cargo was sold to the union pacific railroad and Hal Tate the owner received 80 million dollars in railroad stock. The company was ran seperate from Overnite also a upr company. After the railroad got tired of funding the 60 million dollars a year into the underfunded overnite pension plan it sold the two companies as an ipo on the open market...Stupid investors then bought the worthless stock and the railroad are still dancing and rejoicing to this day. I think overnite should refund the price of the stock they sold to the unsuspecting public...if ups had not come along when they did we would all have gone the way of cf, nw, garrett and on and on...thank your lucky stars for deep pockets....As a regional carrier we had many million dollars day which overnite did not mind spending to sustain it numbers which we know are in the toilet.....102 operating ratio now who's fault is that? Yours or mine?
I think not.....And please be advised that there is only one union terminal at upsfreight and it is in Reno, NV not Indy and we are the only and first union terminal and will continue to be....that
You ain't kidding about the UPS deep pockets, as well as fumbling bumbling "O". We sure would have joined the the world of CF, NW etc. The stock also was the proof in the pudding. When it hit the market as a stand alone company it was approx. $40 a share in no time, then as the public got a clue about how disfunctual this company was the stock dropped like a rock.

You ain't kidding about the UPS deep pockets, as well as fumbling bumbling "O". We sure would have joined the the world of CF, NW etc. The stock also was the proof in the pudding. When it hit the market as a stand alone company it was approx. $40 a share in no time, then as the public got a clue about how disfunctual this company was the stock dropped like a rock.

Look into my IPOD... You mite be getting sleeeeeeppppppyyyyyyyyyy.:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Mr. Breeze, let me set you straight as to the acquistion of Motor Cargo. Overnite did not buy Motor Cargo they had not the ability or the good sense to do that. Motor Cargo was sold to the union pacific railroad and Hal Tate the owner received 80 million dollars in railroad stock. The company was ran seperate from Overnite also a upr company. After the railroad got tired of funding the 60 million dollars a year into the underfunded overnite pension plan it sold the two companies as an ipo on the open market...Stupid investors then bought the worthless stock and the railroad are still dancing and rejoicing to this day. I think overnite should refund the price of the stock they sold to the unsuspecting public...if ups had not come along when they did we would all have gone the way of cf, nw, garrett and on and on...thank your lucky stars for deep pockets....As a regional carrier we had many million dollars day which overnite did not mind spending to sustain it numbers which we know are in the toilet.....102 operating ratio now who's fault is that? Yours or mine?

Webidiot...Now let me set you straight on a few things at Overnite...I grew up in this co....I am a second generation employee,though Overnite was not my first trucking job.The retirement fund was NEVER underfunded...Who told you that ? Your BA:hysterical: ?The last year that UP owned overnite was the first year they EVER dropped a dime into the pension fund ! BTW UP is still a sinking ship.When they bought Overnite it was a VERY sucessful REGIONAL freight co ! So if anyone is to blame for "the ship sinking...it is UP ! As for UP buying M/C ...yes technically you are right....my bad. O's OR was in the mid 90's last time I checked B4 UPS buyout. OR was 102 in 1995 thanks to Tom B, a railroad flunkee, running "O" into the ground. As far as the unsuspecting public...that is what playing the stock market is all about...they had access to the prospectus from their brokers. I should have bought some though...My buddies made good money off the sale to UPS:hysterical: ! You mean you did not buy any either ! As for UPS' deep pockets,I'm glad they came along,because in the freight market today no independant will be able to survive as the conglomerates will be able to eat them up price wise. Maybe a niche market and low claims/superior service will help them ....maybe. As for M/C reno being the first...who cares...what is there six peddle drivers in Reno ?Are you covered under master frieght ?...Indy was the first MAJOR UPS freight facility to be organized in this round...they were at the dance the last time around too. If you hate UPSF that bad...find a new place to drive for crying out loud:17: .I'll wait to see what the UPSF master agreement looks like,whether negotiated buy the IBT or APWA,before I put my yes vote on there. As for the days at "o" ...they're gone for good...sure do miss having affordable health insurance , not having to wear uniforms,and the family likeatmosphere.I Like driving faster,more well equipped tractors that I just have to force myself to drive every night.Sure beats that twin screw cornbinder that I used to drive ! As for most of the M/C trailers and jo dogs...I was unimpressed. But,that is my opinion.As we ALL know,opinions are like a$$holes,everyones got one and some are one.