Holland | What happens after 5 years ?

Old School Guy

TB Lurker
Credits
I'am told that Yellow and Roadwy had to merg because there is a 5 year rule that says when one company buys another they must merg the two together as to make 1 company out of the 2 . Now if that is so that miust mean that Holland and New Penn will merg and drop both their names and go on the same senority list as Yellow Roadway after the 5 years is up from the time YRC bought those 2 . I can only hop that never happens for the sake of the Holland and New Penn teamsters :thumbsdown:

first of all i don't know about any five year thing but roadway was the owner of new penn first not yellow and they was neve no merger with roadway and new penn . so why do you think holland and new penn will merg after all they didn't buy one or the other yellow got new penn with the roadway deal. and we well know about the holland shaft.

I'am told that Yellow and Roadwy had to merg because there is a 5 year rule that says when one company buys another they must merg the two together as to make 1 company out of the 2 . Now if that is so that miust mean that Holland and New Penn will merg and drop both their names and go on the same senority list as Yellow Roadway after the 5 years is up from the time YRC bought those 2 . I can only hop that never happens for the sake of the Holland and New Penn teamsters :thumbsdown:

I think whoever told you this is WRONG!!

Well first of all I sure hope that where I got my info. is wrong because I would hate to see any more damage dune to all these good people who have done nothing wrong who just want to go to work and take care of their familys . I was told by a t/m that the reason the two waited is because that the law said that after five years the two must go togeather .Zollars never wanted to join the two but to let them run separatly . Ya might want to check with you local on this issue . I don't remember when YRC bought Holland and as far as New Penn I never knew that the big R already owned them before this went down . We at Yellow were told that YRC bought them . As for me I'am one of the lucky ones , I am gone but am a true Teamster still doing what ever I can to help the younger guys . My prayers go out to each and every one of you guys system wide ,good luck to you all.

What I'am thinking they would go man for man on the Yellow / Roadway list meaning even more lost jobs . That would mean a Yellow Roadway Holland and New Penn sandwich four companys all rolled up in to a big ball. Lets hope Zollares will spin ya guys off and go back do'en it like it was . Holland and New Penn are good money makers on their own , sure as hell they don't need YRC.

They couldn't successfully merge two identical companies together. Could you imagine the mess that they would make trying to merge the regionals in with them?

if you doing some checking i think you find out that roadway got there hands on new penn back around 2001 or 20002. yellow never bought new penn they had saia at on time and cut them loose or they be out. just like they did P151. it not the hard working teamsters brother& sisters of yrc it the cancer at the top

Preston 151

if you doing some checking i think you find out that roadway got there hands on new penn back around 2001 or 20002. yellow never bought new penn they had saia at on time and cut them loose or they be out. just like they did P151. it not the hard working teamsters brother& sisters of yrc it the cancer at the top
you remember those guys, brings back memories. I believe they went under around 1990. Not sure the exact date. Sorry to jump in guys, but the P151, hit a nerve.

To Northern Flash , why do you think merging a regional carrier would be a problem going to a long hall carrier? Yellow / Roadway are and for years back have done long hall and regional lanes . Don't be surprized if they don't put everyone togeather to eliminate terminals and would be able to cut more drivers and dock . Yellow /Roadway has terminals in every town Holland and New Penn operates and from what I understand they have plenty of room on those docks. P . S . Preston went under way after 1990 I know because part of the deal was to hire as many Preston people as we could at Yellow and now all those guys are all laid off . If I had to guess I would say 2003 or 2004 .

To Northern Flash , why do you think merging a regional carrier would be a problem going to a long hall carrier?Yellow / Roadway are and for years back have done long hall and regional lanes . Don't be surprized if they don't put everyone togeather to eliminate terminals and would be able to cut more drivers and dock . Yellow /Roadway has terminals in every town Holland and New Penn operates and from what I understand they have plenty of room on those docks.
It's just my opinion, but I doubt highly, that they would try to merge the regionals in with YRC. We are a totally different system. We concentrate on one and two day lanes. And are darn good at making the service. YRC does not seem to worry about making service on one and two day lanes. If they merged us together, my guess is that the customers would defect over to a different regional carrier because they would not be able to count on YRC to make the one and two day service that they need. You make a good point about if they merged us, they would be able to cut more drivers and eliminate more terminals. But, the extra terminals is a cost of doing business to fulfill a specific customer demand. (one and two day lanes) But, to merge/downsize like that would seem to be opposite of what Dollar Bill has been trying to do, which is to become a mega carrier.

How is New Penn doing system wide ? All the Holland guys here in Chicago aera are all back to work as of a few months ago and are short on trailers and they did turn a small profit two hundred fifty thousand dollars last quarter . Lets hope YRC can keep their hands off you guys and cuts ya loose to operate like before . This is bulls--- your walken on as they say egg shells everday .

If I remember yellow & roadway couldn't merge ,shut down or sell Holland for five years,after they bought usf. I belive there was some info put out about that,from the teamsters or sec.But I could be wrong.

Stick , I've always said I hope that day never comes when they would merg Holland and New Penn with YRC . Check with your local . I was told by a Yellow t/m about the 5 year law just before I retired I left with going on 44 years and it just did not make any sense to stay around and put up with that crap .

There is no 5 year law. There might be some tax law that lets them amortize (sp) a loss over the first five years of ownership for a tax deduction.
Lots of companies exist for decades as part of a larger company, operating pretty much independently. Just look at Disney. Espn, Miramax films, ABC... It just depends on what the parent company wants to do with it.

you remember those guys, brings back memories. I believe they went under around 1990. Not sure the exact date. Sorry to jump in guys, but the P151, hit a nerve.

P . S . Preston went under way after 1990 I know because part of the deal was to hire as many Preston people as we could at Yellow and now all those guys are all laid off . If I had to guess I would say 2003 or 2004 .

Preston shut down in 1999.

LTL TRUCKING COMPANY BANKRUPTCIES & SHUTDOWNS

St . J Vet Thanks for the info I remember when Yellow took on the Preston guys it didn't seem that long .I guess time fly's when your haven fun .

Boilerpeddle , Like I said before its something I got from the t/m just before I pulled the pin for the last time can't swear to it being true . I went with going on 44 years and all that time Holland was always a top notch outfit always had a great o/r and even till today Holland and New Penn are the top money makers out of the YRC group . Good luck to you guys ya sure as hell don't need YRC screwing things up . with out them you'll have a brighter future .