FedEx Freight | WHAT? Really?

Hmmm….this is no surprise to me and has been pretty obvious for awhile. Why do you think the parcel divisions of fedex are struggling so mightily?
They have for years

FXG is inefficient, used to only be able to take in 2-3 cents per parcel profit wise. They could probably optimize their linehaul and P&D a bit better and gain some there.

FXE has always tanked far as I can remember, they might've had a few good years here and there over the past 11 years I've been here but I can't remember any.

We used to struggle too, but we've been on point for a number of years now.

DHL voted for strike authorization earlier this week.
Interesting to see if O'Brien and Zuckerman decide to use that to help DHL Teamsters or use it to help UPS. Right at Christmas season.

It's a sad day, but you all just have to accept that fedex is not the industry leader it used to be.
Bad management, making bad decisions drove it down. Instead of having designated areas for drivers to do pick-up and deliveries They will put multiple stops for multiple cities on trailers. Most times between stops is an average of 5- 20 miles. The only reason why they did this was to improve gate times. Makes no sense. Cause all they did was delayed service times. Its like when politicians say they're getting rid of one tax then they add another tax. They didn't accomplish anything but start another mess.

I am so glad I got out when I did.

Bad management, making bad decisions drove it down. Instead of having designated areas for drivers to do pick-up and deliveries They will put multiple stops for multiple cities on trailers. Most times between stops is an average of 5- 20 miles. The only reason why they did this was to improve gate times. Makes no sense. Cause all they did was delayed service times. Its like when politicians say they're getting rid of one tax then they add another tax. They didn't accomplish anything but start another mess.

I am so glad I got out when I did.
Visitor here. Soda pop for twenty years. Had bid areas when we sold off the truck. Went to a presell system (why I left). Routed every truck with deliveries “out & back”. First stop might have been a restaurant that didn’t open til 11(5 am start time). Eliminated “unproductive” drive miles. For the #s, for the stockholders. Reduced productivity, which, you’d think, is bad. We think mgt is dumb, stockholders must be the most gullible idiots alive.

Milked the cow dry...and then sold her ... There's millions in bonuses to executives somewhere in between. It's sad to see all this play out. Sorry to all those employees that are impacted.
I don't know how stuff works but it looks like there should be some investigating on them there bonuses at that amount to executives when the company was going downhill. There shouldn't have been any bonuses until there was a profit. Just seems somebody was feeling their pockets while the company suffered loss.