XPO | What the BIGGEST slap in the face about being a Conway linehauler...

linehual vacation pay really sucks !! they should pay us like the canadian drivers, an average !!!! why should we be penalized ?
it would cost to much and the board of directors could not afford the increases to there golden parachutes. We want make sure they are well taken care of, Don't we?

Sounds Like You Might Want Some Whistleblower Protection!

my opinion the real slap in the face is when the I/B supervisor cusses you out for being 15 minutes or so late w/out calling him and telling him you took a break. mind you only fifteen minutes his operation was slowed could you imagine what he would have done if i took my whole hour the fedral government and DOT allow me to have??
all i can say is at least i was only 15 minutes past my ETA because next time they will be picking the freight up out of the ditch. i REFUSE to stop and take a break from this day forward.
Go ahead and don't take your breaks, falsify your logbooks, etc...just keep the freight rolling. BUT if you get into an accident, Con-way will deny they ever told you not to take your breaks, pre-trip inspection etc...You will go down for the count! Turn this guy into the DOT and if you arent sure how Call Paul T at the Truckers Justice Center (Employment Lawyer Burnsville Minnesota Wrongful Termination Whistleblower Attorney) and ask him what to do. He know how to handle these whisleblower cases under the STAA! Drive :funky: Safely and have a Good Trip!

It's things like vacation pay for L/H drivers. The 1% on weeks earnings for healthcare which forces the L/H driver to carry greater than his share of the burden. The lack of reguard for their time. Example; fos says, come in at this time, you arrive and loads aren't ready. But don't you dare log the wait time as on-duty. I know of FOSs questioning dsrs about logging breaks to make his run....wanted to make certian he was doing so. BS like that shows what little consideration the company has for the dsrs. It's part of the moral issue and these things are not going to be fixed with ICE training.
But as for proper blocking and bracing... I want to know which conway execs cousin has the load-bar contract? Cause usually if a company continues getting junk produce from a vendor...they which vendors. Hell if this company made the bumpers jacks on the older cars...{some of you are old enough to know what I'm referring to}...a lot of us old guys would have been crippled or killed changing a flat tire.

Cheap load bars are purchased intentionally. I doubt they will ever get the good ones if people continue to use a forklift to pry them of the trailer walls. I've seen too many drivers use the jeep because they are too lazy to do it correctly.

are you absolutely sure that's the reason? I have another one last night that simply would not release due to faulty jacking mechanism. It was tight to the wall, had to use the jeep.