what the heck is going on?

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
Absence of Oak Harbor Freight Lines strikers prompts question — is it over?
Picketing union workers began to disperse and vacate their regular strike posts late Thursday along the company’s headquarters and shipping yard entrances on West Valley Highway and on 37th Street Northwest. Those spots remained empty Friday.

Does someone know something that we don't know?

Absence of Oak Harbor Freight Lines strikers prompts question — is it over?
Picketing union workers began to disperse and vacate their regular strike posts late Thursday along the company’s headquarters and shipping yard entrances on West Valley Highway and on 37th Street Northwest. Those spots remained empty Friday.

Does someone know something that we don't know?

This is a rumor that will be better explained by someone from Auburn, it was explained to me but it would better to hear it first hand.

This not a rumor. I copied it from a news report from a Auburn newspaper. The reporter has been following the strike all along. I want to know if the people of local 81 are not being kept up to speed from local 174.

This not a rumor. I copied it from a news report from a Auburn newspaper. The reporter has been following the strike all along. I want to know if the people of local 81 are not being kept up to speed from local 174.
This was at the bottom of the article, and by the reporters own admission they couldn't reach either side for comment.

PermalinkAdmin
Report SpamRemove PostBlock usernameBlock emailBlock IP addressstriker09 2 days ago 1 point
Please login to rate.

Do you already have an account? Log in and claim this comment.

please do a little research before you jump to your uninfromed conclusions. your reporting of this story is very smilar to the rag you call your police blotter. do you really pay somebody to write this stuff? or maybe your editor is in the western state hospital on paid leave. get it right or don't print it. happy new year. we will be on the line monday.
reply edit record video comment reblog flag
1 /people/striker09/ /people/striker09/follow/

ParentPermalinkAdmin
Report SpamRemove PostBlock usernameBlock emailBlock IP addresspaulbalcerak 19 hours ago 1 point
Please login to rate.

We couldn't find anyone from the union or Oak Harbor Freight Lines willing to comment on Friday. If you can offer any insights or clarifications into our story, please feel free to post them here.

In the meantime, we're working to get an update.
reply edit record video comment reblog flag

This is not a rumor at all. I have talked with a person in Auburn who watched it happen. Everything was taken down and loaded into what was described as a "union" truck. All equipment and people then left. I think they have returned now though.

As far as 81 being kept in the dark by 174 and others, duh, that is a no brainer. This entire situation was caused by the political aspirations of some within 174 and IBT, in my opinion.

They were CLOSED for the New Years holiday and everything was set back up the following Sunday just like on Thanksgiving and Christmas. The people at Auburn Reporter are idiots! How could they run with a story without confirming it with anyone?

Oh and I advise not paying attention to anything in the Auburn Reporter. They never get their facts straight. Every story they've published regarding the strike has had false information.

--gamakatsu-- Company boy, if the strike was over, don't you think the "union" truck would have been moved off of the property? Political aspirations? That's all you one-minded dorkorate headquarter boys can think of, huh??

--gamakatsu-- Company boy, if the strike was over, don't you think the "union" truck would have been moved off of the property? Political aspirations? That's all you one-minded dorkorate headquarter boys can think of, huh??

I never said the strike was over, I was just confirming that everything was taken down and everyone left, that it was not a rumor that that had happened.

Why, because my opinion may not agree with yours, do you assume I am management and launch a personal attack? I represent a view of many of us in Portland, that regardless of how we got to this point, we are all in this together, and we support each other in our own way, and feel our situation is primarily 174 driven.

Why, because my opinion may not agree with yours, do you assume I am management and launch a personal attack? I represent a view of many of us in Portland, that regardless of how we got to this point, we are all in this together, and we support each other in our own way, and feel our situation is primarily 174 driven.

My opinion was based on your previous posts.

If I remember correctly, Portland used to brag about their union dues being less than Auburn. Portland not getting as much in local strike pay is not 174's fault. 763 doesn't even have a local strike fund. How would you like getting only $120 a week from IBT?

You're right, we need to stand together but posts like yours claiming someone in 174 had political aspirations doesn't help the cause (speaking of personal attacks??).

Maybe I missed something, or maybe you have me confused with another posting, but I never said anything about strike pay. I understand why there is a difference in pay and it is not an issue with me. I have found other ways to fill in the missing $$$$ and for now am getting along just fine.

Maybe I missed something, or maybe you have me confused with another posting, but I never said anything about strike pay. I understand why there is a difference in pay and it is not an issue with me. I have found other ways to fill in the missing $$$$ and for now am getting along just fine.

My ultimate goal in life, gamakatsu, is to confuse you with new posts.

My post was in response to your comment about this strike being "174's show" -- majority of it is. Portland has done a fantastic job of holding their line but let's face it, Auburn has more members, therefore more money and manpower involved.....which means "bigger show."

Again, your comments about "political aspirations in 174" are not helping us all stand strong together as one.

Are you still confused?

Oh and I advise not paying attention to anything in the Auburn Reporter. They never get their facts straight. Every story they've published regarding the strike has had false information.
Thanks for the info. I won't let their garbage upset me anymore.