FedEx Freight | Where are the linehaul/road openings going to be ?

You really are a big aren't you? Not once did I imply you suck. I wish nothing but ill will on you and yours since you already lost your job because your well on your way anyways you National. So, go ahead mods, kick me off these boards cause I'm not going to let this national driver get away with that crap.
Oh. I failed to mention that although my credit may suck, I now make just shy of a 100,000.00 and I'd rather have great money and crappy credit than a crappy job and great credit
My apologies if you took my post as negative in nature toward you personally. But I took your post as negative toward me from both the tone and your history of posts. I did not imply "you suck" either. Let us move on. Best of luck to you in that new high dollar job!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry things didn't work out well for you. Personally I would not buy a house until I was damn sure the position would be long term. I would make sure there are back up driving opportunities if the Fedex plan falters. In other words my life would not collapse into a heap of smoldering turd like yours has if the job goes away. The reason I started this thread is to explore the possible locations ahead of time, to have a back-up plan. As for the economy, nobody knows for sure what it's long term prognosis is. Most economists predict a long, slow growth period. Those who predict a massive collapse are in the minority, most of whom are doomsdayers anyways. If all doesn't go as planned, I certainly will not "lose big time like you did" as I am not a loser like you are. Turn all that negative attitude around and dig yourself out, and bankruptcy might be a good choice, to get a fresh start. But please don't throw all them negative vibes at me because your life sucks. Best of luck to you!

You really are a big aren't you? Not once did I imply you suck. I wish nothing but ill will on you and yours since you already lost your job because your well on your way anyways you National. So, go ahead mods, kick me off these boards cause I'm not going to let this national driver get away with that crap.
Oh. I failed to mention that although my credit may suck, I now make just shy of a 100,000.00 and I'd rather have great money and crappy credit than a crappy job and great credit

Easy fellas....don't let your emotions get the best of your common sense and maturity...

This thing wiil adversely affect many...some will be OK...some will not.

This is not the time to turn one another...regardless of your opinion.

Many are going to be 'displaced'...lets help them land on their feet.

We are a brotherhood/sisterhood...regardless of the name on the door.

Many are going to hurt...and wonder if they have any future at all. I have been through this and it sucks...now is the time to do what can be done to help those in need.

Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure why this has turned into a Freight VS National battle. Actually I can, but you people forget this merger was a Fedex upper management decision. We were both happy with the way we were, and now we have been thrown together. Life changing decisions will have to be made, and the information coming out of Harrison is less than adequate to make these decisions. People will be displaced, and some people will have to move to keep a job. I think one thing the company could do is open up the severance pay to everyone who wants it. There are probably a lot of older employees at both Freight and National who would take the early out, but are not currently under the guide lines to receive the severance pay. Just a thought. TP

I'm not sure why this has turned into a Freight VS National battle. Actually I can, but you people forget this merger was a Fedex upper management decision. We were both happy with the way we were, and now we have been thrown together. Life changing decisions will have to be made, and the information coming out of Harrison is less than adequate to make these decisions. People will be displaced, and some people will have to move to keep a job. I think one thing the company could do is open up the severance pay to everyone who wants it. There are probably a lot of older employees at both Freight and National who would take the early out, but are not currently under the guide lines to receive the severance pay. Just a thought. TP
Here! Here! brother, I'm 61 yrs old 18 1/2 years of service plan on pulling the pen @ 62 (if I can) I'd be out of here in a heart beat, speaking of which I have health issuses that if I was gone might save them money SHOW ME THE MONEY

Here! Here! brother, I'm 61 yrs old 18 1/2 years of service plan on pulling the pen @ 62 (if I can) I'd be out of here in a heart beat, speaking of which I have health issuses that if I was gone might save them money SHOW ME THE MONEY

We can't show you the money, but on your last day they may spring for a cake for ya:bgroovy::bouncy:

Having been through a major move in the past several things worked for us transplants at the time. Share apartment,live in travel trailer (if you have one). On lay down runs just pay the 1-2 motel days and commute if close enough. As others advised I wouldn't pull up roots untill everything jells including the economy. No matter what your choice is,untill you move it is like keeping rtwo households when you factor commuting gas,wear and tear on car and time. May be able to write some stuff off but IRS considers your new domicile your home and makes few allowances. Good luck.